Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Damn, I wish Kobe's 2009/2010 Lakers were in the league today

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    THe's whole point was made for Kobe and Jordan. When you're the best in the world and you have adequate help, you can beat the best teams.
    another serious question then how many teams did MJ and Kobe actually beat that were better when they were close to being the best in the league. Can't think of anyone for Kobe in 09,10 besides the Celtics and only maybe the Suns and Jazz for the Bulls and none of those are obviously better.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    You stupid ass dumb fck. I have always said Curry is better than prime Kobe since the middle of this year. Guess what, Curry is a better offensive player than MJ ever was as well. Eat sh1t.

Just log off. Don't compare players who never gave a damn about efficiency stats to those who specifically do. Let me know when Curry ever scores over 60.

You stupid ass dumb fck. I have always said Curry is better than prime Kobe since the middle of this year. Guess what, Curry is a better offensive player than MJ ever was as well. Eat sh1t.

As obvious ... you're dumb. How can one year of Curry going bananas be equal to or greater than like 6 seasons from Kobe that were as good or better. Let's not even talk about the defensive side of the ball.

Hell, 37 year old Kobe had Curry in a straight jacket earlier this season.

And yes, full on kool-aid. Curry is better than Jordan offensively. All 17 ppg in the Finals of him. While his team is still blowing teams out by 25 to 30 in average.

Imagine '87 to '98 Jordan scoring just 17 ppg for a series. You think the Bulls are dominating?

'88 to '93 Jordan is the best offensive player of all time. Individually.

The next best I saw was 2003, 2006 and 2006 Kobe. Curry wasn't better as an individual player or scorer than a number of other guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    As obvious ... you're dumb. How can one year of Curry going bananas be equal to or greater than like 6 seasons from Kobe that were as good or better. Let's not even talk about the defensive side of the ball.

And yes, full on kool-aid. Curry is better than Jordan offensively. All 17 ppg in the Finals of him. While his team is still blowing teams out by 25 to 30 in average.

Imagine '87 to '98 Jordan scoring just 17 ppg for a series. You think the Bulls are dominating?

The next best I saw was 2003, 2006 and 2006 Kobe. Curry wasn't better as an individual player or scorer than a number of other guys as well.

rise has lost his damn mind.

Damn shut this down already damn.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

wow shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    another serious question then how many teams did MJ and Kobe actually beat that were better when they were close to being the best in the league. Can't think of anyone for Kobe in 09,10 besides the Celtics and only maybe the Suns and Jazz for the Bulls and none of those are obviously better.
    Kobe
    Rockets 09 - to me the rockets were a better team than the rest of the Lakers, Kobe was the difference.
    10 Suns - Their stats were off the chain, this was Nash's best chance at a title. Kobe was just too much.
    Celtics 10 - this series was as close as you can get. They just finished playing in the finals recently. Both teams weren't as good as their previous championship teams. 08 celtics better than 10, as lakers 09 better than 10 as well. Celtics had more firepower across the board but Kobe willed home the series.

Jordan
    93 suns - Should of been the Suns year but goat gonna goat lol.
    96 magic - hard to consider anyone better than a team who just got 72 - 10 but they should of came up with a way to win. They beat them the year before and we're the younger team with experience. Jordan killed them and swept their dreams away
    98 Jazz - Someone had to knock the Bulls off, they can't win a second threepeat in a row right? What better than the team that almost beat the Bulls in the previous finals who had the reigning mvp? They had the Revenge edge plus the Bulls had to be getting tired right? Nope Jordan put those dreams to rest with that game six kill.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Pau Gasol wouldn't be able to persevere over Kobe's chucking and carry the Lakers past the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Kobe
    Rockets 09 - to me the rockets were a better team than the rest of the Lakers, Kobe was the difference.
    10 Suns - Their stats were off the chain, this was Nash's best chance at a title. Kobe was just too much.
    Celtics 10 - this series was as close as you can get. They just finished playing in the finals recently. Both teams weren't as good as their previous championship teams. 08 celtics better than 10, as lakers 09 better than 10 as well. Celtics had more firepower across the board but Kobe willed home the series.

Jordan
    93 suns - Should of been the Suns year but goat gonna goat lol.
    96 magic - hard to consider anyone better than a team who just got 72 - 10 but they should of came up with a way to win. They beat them the year before and we're the younger team with experience. Jordan killed them and swept their dreams away
    98 Jazz - Someone had to knock the Bulls off, they can't win a second threepeat in a row right? What better than the team that almost beat the Bulls in the previous finals who had the reigning mvp? They had the Revenge edge plus the Bulls had to be getting tired right? Nope Jordan put those dreams to rest with that game six kill.
    wait Rockets . I mean at full strength maybe but they were injured. No one at the time thought it would go seven. Disagree with the Suns too even though that's a good one. Their best chance was still 07 and they had a better team that year too since they had no Marion in 10. Finally disagree with Magic even if their talent is great since the Bulls were 72-10. Grant being injured is also a factor and the Bulls were justmuch deeper(Orlando had no bench).

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    wait Rockets . I mean at full strength maybe but they were injured. No one at the time thought it would go seven. Disagree with the Suns too even though that's a good one. Their best chance was still 07 and they had a better team that year too since they had no Marion in 10. Finally disagree with Magic even if their talent is great since the Bulls were 72-10. Grant being injured is also a factor and the Bulls were justmuch deeper(Orlando had no bench).

Rockets were better without tmac, sucks they lost yao in the series. The Suns played all year without marion and still went further in the Playoffs than they've ever been before. No excuses. 96 magic still should of figured it out.