Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Damm Comcast announced they are going up in January and it;s nothing I can do about i

Comcast sent a letter stating due to increased business costs, they will have to raise the price for all services starting in January of 2016 which will make the bill higher than it already is now.

Internet, sports package, and cable package is rising and I know I can't cancel because once I get home how will I be entertained?

SMH, only possible solutions below

1. Eat Out Less

2. Date someone I'm not attracted to

3. Get a second job

4. Find another internet provider that is not wireless

Pisses me off there is no other option for me that is cheaper because Comcast controls this area so they have me by the balls.

Banned

Default Re: Damm Comcast announced they are going up in January and it;s nothing I can do about i

If you have to cut costs simply to keep cable in your budget, you may have bigger problems than merely how to get entertainment..

Local High School Star

Default Re: Damm Comcast announced they are going up in January and it;s nothing I can do about i

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    If you have to cut costs simply to keep cable in your budget, you may have bigger problems than merely how to get entertainment..

I pay rent, electric, cell, buy food, and go on dates. so yes sh*t is HIGH

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Netflix and Hulu costs about $10/month individually.

You can get sporting events by live streams.

The reason why Netflix is useless to me is because I like to watch TV in bed before I go to sleep. And N@N is not on netflix.

NBA Legend

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Sling tv for 20 bucks...netflix for 10. 60 bucks a year for ballstreams. HDMI out to your tv. You wont miss a single sport or show you care about.

comcast has really went full jewish in recent months

now they're adding internet data caps here

I remember when twc 3 service package got to $200 after taxes... that's where I drew the line. Got a streaming box for my parents which was a 1 time fee and cut the cord on the TV. Does it suck when I wanna watch an NBA game in HD? Yeah. But I'm happy dropping only 50 a month nowadays. If you go to the reddit nbastreams, you can find HD links.

Also, I download all my shows and watch them on TV. Is it convenient? Not at all but I'm not lazy.

Prioritize.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I need a cheaper internet option. That;s what making the bill high

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Can you not broadcast live streams from your computer to a TV via Chromecast?

Funny that i can watch a old game on the computer but not a live game. For live games I prefer the TV of course, bigger screen

Learn how to setup a Slingbox, you can access your cable package anywhere in the world, or split the cost with another.

Home of the 16

Internet & TV (for a bigger screen) is all you need. Link your laptop/PC to your HDTV if you feel like watching a movie on Netflix & that's it. And for shows or movies that aren't on Netflix. Project Free TV or movie4k should do it. The only thing you're paying for in cable is the f*cking commercials, not only you're paying for it, it also ruins your experience by potentially killing the suspense.

Yeah, no thanks.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Internet & TV (for a bigger screen) is all you need. Link your laptop/PC to your HDTV if you feel like watching a movie on Netflix & that's it. And for shows or movies that aren't on Netflix. Project Free TV or movie4k should do it. The only thing you're paying for in cable is the f*cking commercials, not only you're paying for it, it also ruins your experience by potentially killing the suspense.

Yeah, no thanks.
    Am I still able to chat on ISH while the internet is connected to my TV?

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    Am I still able to chat on ISH while the internet is connected to my TV?
    Not sure if serious, but of course.

Link your laptop to your TV and live on 'extended display'.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Not sure if serious, but of course.

Link your laptop to your TV and live on 'extended display'.
    well I am asking because it would be all new.

I was thinking I could not browse the web if it was connected to the TV