Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where Is The Praise For Sam Hinkie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I know exactly what he did. What he did is not hard. Any team willing to go through 3 years or purposeful losing can do it.
    Did you even read my post of what Hinkie did?

Of course not.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Did you even read my post of what Hinkie did?

Of course not.

Of course I did. Why didn't you list releasing Ish Smith only to trade assets for him later on?

Of course I did. Why didn't you list releasing Ish Smith only to trade assets for him later on?
    I only decided to list the 1st round picks he acquired. here is all the transactions he made as a GM.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...inkisa99x.html

Look I understand that you don't have the business knowledge or acumen to understand that there is more to being a GM than just collecting assets. Each NBA team is a real business, with real business needs. There are business relationships to build and maintain. They have to sell season tickets, sell to local advertisers, contribute to revenue sharing, etc, etc. If you're a local business in Philadelphia, why in the world would you want to connect your business' name to a losing franchise, when you can just go advertise with the Eagles or Flyers? If you're the TV station in Philly, why would you want to carry the games of a team that is nearly guaranteed to lose? There is only so much losing that a team can take, before the culture of the team becomes toxic to the point, that players don't even want to be there.

Okafor was so disgusted to hold that jersey, he wiped his hands on his pants afterwards

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

hinkie is a god and a martyr. another asset people forget we have is the kings first round pick in 2019 the year cousins is a free agent and probably leaves. plus we can swap our picks with them too, and you know they're gonna be cheeks.

OP's agenda is achieved. This thread is a circle jerk to him.

OP's agenda is achieved. This thread is a circle jerk to him.
    Sorry for using logic

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

If you think it's bullshit take a walk!

Thank you Hinkie!

Sixers would have tanked regardless of Hinkie being there or not...Honestly, the dude truly knows nothing about basketball and at the end of the day, he was a well used pawn. He's just a glorified rich scape goat the Sixers used to ease the pressure that was coming from the Philadelphia fans. He playex his part in taking the blame, n now that Sixers are getting their ducks in a row its now time to move forward with better BASKETBALL minds.

Also I like that Philly is shopping Noel, but I kinda like Okafor, he has major upside imo. But I guess it wouldn't be a problem to trade him if you can get a Kris Dunne, Murray or Hield in the draft..Either way these moves should get Sixers back on the map, ain't been relevant since Iverson and haven't had this much buzz in Philly since the trade that brought C-Webb to over.

Saw a basketball once

Hinkie did his job as an asset collector, but that doesn't negate the fact his time was up in Philly. Being in charge of a professional sports team is deeper than collecting assets, that's the nerd part of sh*t he & Morey (& OP on a good day) have down. It's the actual human side like building relationships & culture that they fail at; that's the important sh*t. No one was signing up to play for the 76ers as long as he was in charge. NO ONE. Dude practically punted on free agency his entire tenure, no agent was leading his client to the Sixers as long as he was in charge.

Look I understand that you don't have the business knowledge or acumen to understand that there is more to being a GM than just collecting assets. Each NBA team is a real business, with real business needs. There are business relationships to build and maintain. They have to sell season tickets, sell to local advertisers, contribute to revenue sharing, etc, etc. If you're a local business in Philadelphia, why in the world would you want to connect your business' name to a losing franchise, when you can just go advertise with the Eagles or Flyers? If you're the TV station in Philly, why would you want to carry the games of a team that is nearly guaranteed to lose? There is only so much losing that a team can take, before the culture of the team becomes toxic to the point, that players don't even want to be there.

Okafor was so disgusted to hold that jersey, he wiped his hands on his pants afterwards
    This. Although its one thing to lose but to not have a true star to market is the true setback. Cause when Iverson was there regardless of losing you had something to watch and be hopeful for, so CSN always had views.