Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No-name players on your favorite team who you think will make a big jump.

I'll start with Tarik Black of my Lakers. It was almost criminal how B. Scott purposely didn't play this guy last year. In a perfect world, he would be 6'11" instead of 6'9" but he is very athletic, long (7'3" wingspan), can move his feet and plays with high energy. He provides some rim protection, very good rebounder, can finish alley opps, get put backs, defend in space in P&R switches and run the floor. He's just a very active guy.

I expect him to be the first big off the bench before the season is done. I think he's good enough to be the first big off the bench for a championship team.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: No-name players on your favorite team who you think will make a big jump.

b.scott fcked with all the youngsters heads this past season, often pulling them off the court for reasons he never explained to them. so i expect all of them to look much more comfortable on the court, resulting in a much improved play

but yeah i agree with you on black. the guy is a great energy big to have off the bench, with surprisingly good athleticism. and if the lakers keep kelly, i expect him to have a much better season than last (yeah that doesnt seem too hard) under lukes system.

Default Re: No-name players on your favorite team who you think will make a big jump.

Sacre and Kelly make the jump to retirement.

Lol we really don't have many guys like this. Sean Kilpatrick is the closest thing we got right now IMO to a no-namer with upside. Maybe McCullough.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    b.scott fcked with all the youngsters heads this past season, often pulling them off the court for reasons he never explained to them. so i expect all of them to look much more comfortable on the court, resulting in a much improved play

but yeah i agree with you on black. the guy is a great energy big to have off the bench, with surprisingly good athleticism. and if the lakers keep kelly, i expect him to have a much better season than last (yeah that doesnt seem too hard) under lukes system.
    Dude, Kelly freaken sucks man. Couldn't believe he was getting playing time over Black. Scott probably didn't like Black for some reason. It was truly criminal how this guy was rotting on the bench. Luckily, with Luke as HC, he'll finally get a chance to show his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Sacre and Kelly make the jump to retirement.
    Now that we have a competent coach, these guys probably never see the floor this year. And thank God.

NBA Superstar

Tim Hardaway Jr will get more minutes and make a jump. Book it.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Jonathon Simmons - Summer League MVP

http://dleague.nba.com/news/jonathon...pionship-game/

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    Jonathon Simmons - Summer League MVP

http://dleague.nba.com/news/jonathon...pionship-game/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWD9Cw45ys0

Also like Larry Nance Jrs potential. 6'9" in shoes, long (7'1.5" wing span), solid standing reach (9'0"), very athletic, high energy guy, solid BB IQ and can guard people in space. Won multiple DPOY in college in his conference. He's the type of guy Luke absolutely loves. Long, athletic players who can play multiple positions and defend.

I'm not expecting him to be a star but every team needs one or two high energy guys who does the little things. I think Black and Lance can be those two for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    Lol we really don't have many guys like this. Sean Kilpatrick is the closest thing we got right now IMO to a no-namer with upside. Maybe McCullough.
    What do you think about RHJ working with the new shooting coach?

Sasha Kaun.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Aaron Gordon

Joseph Young in Indy...

Kid can flat out shoot and with a new coach, we'll see. Would love to see him take over for Monta...

tyler johnson hopefully