Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson?

Zach Randolph makes a lot more money than Quentin Richardson. About 6-7M more, which would mean the trade can't be just a straight up swap between the two. Ofcourse Memphis is below the salary cap so they could just add a trade exception to the deal.

Anyway I like this for the Clippers, they just saved $24M over the next two years, got rid of a problematic player, made space for their #1 pick, and became players in the much anticipated 2010 free agent market.
    They got Q-Rich too, but honestly who cares.

I knew LAC would find a suitor for z-bo

Learning to shoot layups

Something I dont get, the Grizzlies dumped Pau Gasol for financial reasons. Why are they picking up Zach's big contract.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Memphis' front office is just a mess right now. Instead of being a player in the 2010 FA race, they just basically took themselves out of it.

For the Clippers, we have our backup SF now and we created more minutes for the front court rotation.

Kaman/Jordan
    Camby/Griffin
    Thornton/Richardson
    Gordon/Davis/Collins
    Baron/Taylor

is our roster so far. Now hopefully we bring Steve Novak back and add a 3rd string pg and maybe a 3rd string big like Rod Benson and our roster is set.

It will also be nice to have tons of cap for 2010 because not only did we rid of Zbos fat contract, Qrich is a 8 mil exp, Camby is a 7.5 mil exp, and Collins is a 1.5 mil exp.

I wonder if Chris Wallace saw this clip before he made this deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

Why didn't Wallace force the Clippers to take back the 3rd former Clipper, Marco Jaric? I guess he just wanted to make sure Adriana Lima was still at Grizzlies' games.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    I wonder if Chris Wallace saw this clip before he made this deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

Why didn't Wallace force the Clippers to take back the 3rd former Clipper, Marco Jaric? I guess he just wanted to make sure Adriana Lima was still at Grizzlies' games.
    Donald Sterling hates Jaric. He refuses to see him in a Clipper uniform again. I forgot the source but I saw it on here a few days ago.

NBA lottery pick

Why pickup randolph contract

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Memphis' front office is just a mess right now. Instead of being a player in the 2010 FA race, they just basically took themselves out of it.
    What? The Memphis FO have never shown any sign of being interested in the 2010 FA. Not one of them will sign with the Grizz, so waste time and wait until then, when all the big names will be going to big teams that are winning?

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Yeah, You're better off painting your cawk than getting Randolph to do anything.
    The American pastime. Cawk painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    What? The Memphis FO have never shown any sign of being interested in the 2010 FA. Not one of them will sign with the Grizz, so waste time and wait until then, when all the big names will be going to big teams that are winning?
    I get what your saying but they do have Gasol, Gay, and Mayo. If by some miniscule chance they could add Bosh, they'd be a pretty formidable team.

National High School Star

Memphis just got a 20/10 player for trash.. good move. I think ZBO might actually look okay next to Thabeet and Gasol..time will tell.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    I get what your saying but they do have Gasol, Gay, and Mayo. If by some miniscule chance they could add Bosh, they'd be a pretty formidable team.
    I think the FO would rather take their chances and get a player like Z-Bo, who is, apparently, happy to play with the Grizz, than wait and try and sign a player like Bosh, who would most likely not want to play here.

Bosh on Memphis would be great, but we've got to be realistic here. I think Z-Bo could be a great addition and at the moment he's a 20/10 player. I'd rather take my chances on Z-Bo than wait and fail at signing a big name and it looks like the FO feel the same way.

Not airballing my layups anymore Scottish Pippen's Avatar

I feel sorry for Conley, having to feed three ballhogs like Mayo, Gay and Randolph is going to be a tough task. Memphis offense may consist of just one or two passes and a contested shot.

cmon guys , memphis are not winning with pau ..

pls ...

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I think the FO would rather take their chances and get a player like Z-Bo, who is, apparently, happy to play with the Grizz, than wait and try and sign a player like Bosh, who would most likely not want to play here.

Bosh on Memphis would be great, but we've got to be realistic here. I think Z-Bo could be a great addition and at the moment he's a 20/10 player. I'd rather take my chances on Z-Bo than wait and fail at signing a big name and it looks like the FO feel the same way.
    I think you're just trying to be optimistic. A couple months ago you were against this trade and for now I am as well. I hope Zach proves me wrong but right now I'm pissed because I think we pulled the trigger too soon.