Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron Threatens To Beat Up Fan

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    Cavs fans moved on .. it's you lebrick stans who should get some more self esteem

''a low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution''

that's Lebron and his jockers

Lebron is the prostitute of the NBA
    his jockers are the prostitutes of ISH
    How many times are you and winwin (possibly your alt account) going to say this? Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I find that to be a funky statement because on one hand, you're right, horrible comments do tend to come with the territory. However, they shouldn't. I've never ever bought into the "Well they're getting paid $21 million so I think they can deal with it" line of thinking. I don't think it matters.

I think it's weird and sad that yelling horrible, horrible things about player's families has somehow become acceptable. Yes, it could be worse. Fans could be allowed to throw batteries on the floor. But all the same, I definitely don't agree that the onus has to always be on the players to be mature enough to handle absolutely, ridiculously immature comments from fans. I think it should start the other way. Fan should be expected to be mature enough to not go that route in the first place.

I just think about what it'd be like if a fan at a local high school game were to stand up and begin berating an 18 year old high school kid about his mother and her love affairs during a basketball game. How out of place and bizarre would that seem? Then, suddenly, the lines begin to blur in college sports and it seems all bets are off once the professional leagues are introduced.

To fault a player for ignoring those horrible comments for years at a time, only to one day respond with a heated verbal response seems to be shortsighted. To somehow twist it into suggesting the player is the one that needs to get a grip would be wildly off base.

Its pretty much freedom of speech vs. threats or worse if Bron followed through with them. It happens in football, basketball, baseball, pro wrestling, ufc, with celebrity's as they walk the red carpet....... And btw, I have seen it happen at high school games, especially in the playoffs. It usually results in fans from both sides fighting outside. Happens all the time here actually. I do live in a football obsessed community though.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

I don't see whats the big deal. If he would of actually hit him it would be a different story though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
    I don't see whats the big deal. If he would of actually hit him it would be a different story though.
    OMG harrison barnes u my fave college player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    How many times are you and winwin (possibly your alt account) going to say this? Enough.
    it's going to be my sig. you'll see it in every post

deal with it low self esteem prostitute

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

He's also Lakersreign. This guy is a self proclaimed LBJ hater.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's also Lakersreign. This guy is a self proclaimed LBJ hater.
    u didnt answer my question brah

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    it's going to be my sig. you'll see it in every post

deal with it low self esteem prostitute

?????

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

like Charles says, anybody talking shit about your mom puts you in a got to go situation

Decent college freshman

let us be real, Lebron is a soft @ss brother from the suburbs, prolly never been in a fight his whole life.

I would take fan if that shit went down

about as threatening as a candied apple
    Last edited by heyhey; 02-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    Bwahahahaha

Btw bron doing no wrong, but oh my the thread title crack me up badly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    let us be real, Lebron is a soft @ss brother from the suburbs, prolly never been in a fight his whole life.

I would take fan if that shit went down

i don't like bananas

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Fans have been heckling players for years about sensitive subjects. It comes with the territory of being a professional athlete. Its up to the players if they are mature enough to handle it.
    this, you must be a big stan or a moron not to realize this

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Its pretty much freedom of speech vs. threats or worse if Bron followed through with them. It happens in football, basketball, baseball, pro wrestling, ufc, with celebrity's as they walk the red carpet....... And btw, I have seen it happen at high school games, especially in the playoffs. It usually results in fans from both sides fighting outside. Happens all the time here actually. I do live in a football obsessed community though.
    I feel as though NBA arenas would reserve the right to remove a fan for speaking in such a manner. Just like if I were to walk into an Applebees and begin spouting about someone else's mom from across the restaurant, I'd probably be asked to leave as well. Basically, people should be expected to be able to go to a restaurant, library, or basketball game without being subjected to profanity-laced tirades about one's mother.

I find it unfortunate that this is common in your community. My region has stomped out that behavior for quite some time now. Six years ago while coaching 7th grade girls, one of my player's fathers brought the game to a screeching halt for saying something personal to one of the officials. He was promptly removed from the gym. Similarly, our student section (and parents) abide by the same code. If they were to have said anything about any player's mother, they'd be removed. One of the driving forces of implementing such sportsmanship expectations is to eliminate that potential for violence you mentioned.

And to acknowledge, I know a restaurant is different than a basketball game so I'm not trying to make a direct correlation (similar to how it wasn't the same when folks defended Ron Artest by saying, "Well if someone threw a cup on me at work I'd do the same thing.") Rather, I was just trying to find that line where freedom of speech begins and ends. There's limits depending on where a person is. They may have the right to say it, but the people who run a particular building also reserve the right to remove you for doing so.

Further, if it is ultimately deemed completely a fan's right to talk in that manner to a player, then I wouldn't see why a player wouldn't have a right to talk back.

Quote Originally Posted by tobethdope
    this, you must be a big stan or a moron not to realize this
    I fully acknowledge the personal heckling exists. I'm just saying it shouldn't. It should not be acceptable. I find it completely bizarre past a certain point. I understand mind games. I've scoffed at schools who don't allow fans to yell, "You suck!" But there's definitely a point at which too much is too much, and I think anyone describing in detail their thoughts on a player's mom's sexual history is crossing that line. I've just never understood the motivation behind making such comments and I've never understood how, somewhere along the lines, it became the player's problem and not the fans making the comments.

It always seems to be, "It comes with the territory, the players need to be mature enough to handle it." Why can this not be on the fans? How about, "Acting like a normal human being at a basketball game comes with the territory. Fans need to be mature enough to be able to not spew vile hatred toward basketball players you think you know on the basketball court."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.

NBA lottery pick

he said "im right here baby. lets go!"