Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Durant and LeBron appear to be in a league of their own

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    I'd Take Durant over LeBron.... Durant is proving to be the most unguardabe force in the league not named carmelo anthony. Can you Imagine how unstoppable Miami would be with Durant instead of Lebron?....
    Go for it. I'd rather have a two way player who can create his own shot and make his teammates better.

Is that what this has come down to? Every great performance by any player who either has had lapses in the playoffs or failed to make it to the finals is going to be described with a "cool, but let's see them do it in the playoffs/finals"? Why can't we enjoy a good performance and appreciate it for what it is.

The games in the playoffs will be discussed when they need to be discussed; it's the beginning of the regular season. It's as if none of you enjoy watching the game, and try to find any reason to diminish anything anyone wants to prop up regardless of how absurd it is.

There wasn't a forum back then but I'd imagine people were respecting the likes of D-Rob/Ewing/Malone's brilliant performances without boiling it all down to a depressing "wait till the playoffs".

Enjoy good basketball. There's a long road to the playoffs/finals that will have plenty of unbelievable performances along the way; appreciate them and stop being miserable about everything.

Sometimes I wonder how many trolls and other miserable tools the likes of Wilt, Kareem or Big O would have had to endure if internet was accessible back in those days...nowadays it seems like some players can't do anything right and some others can get aways with pretty much everything. Amazing hypocritical world we live in...

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Is that what this has come down to? Every great performance by any player who either has had lapses in the playoffs or failed to make it to the finals is going to be described with a "cool, but let's see them do it in the playoffs/finals"? Why can't we enjoy a good performance and appreciate it for what it is.

The games in the playoffs will be discussed when they need to be discussed; it's the beginning of the regular season. It's as if none of you enjoy watching the game, and try to find any reason to diminish anything anyone wants to prop up regardless of how absurd it is.

There wasn't a forum back then but I'd imagine people were respecting the likes of D-Rob/Ewing/Malone's brilliant performances without boiling it all down to a depressing "wait till the playoffs".

Enjoy good basketball. There's a long road to the playoffs/finals that will have plenty of unbelievable performances along the way; appreciate them and stop being miserable about everything.

Kobes 81 point game was the greatest scoring performance I've ever seen.