Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Kobe's Greatest Playoff Series

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Has anybody suggested to Jeff that some kind of safety measures be put in effect where banned posters cannot come back under new usernames? Once time, you get a second chance. After that, you're done. I'm not sure what kind of stuff can be done but I'm sure we can come with suggestions. This is the kind of BS that pollutes this board and makes it unbearable. Ignore list doesn't work because someone inevitably ends up quoting them. When they're finally banned, they come back under yet another username and you have to update ignore list again. I don't care much for the rep system and I never comment on it, but it's quite telling when "brand new" posters such as these already are in the red.

What exactly are Jordan fans delusional about? He's widely considered the greatest player of all time. Does that mean he is? No, there other players who you can make a case for as well. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Russell come to mind and, to a lesser extent, Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan isn't the best at everything. He doesn't need to be, his overall numbers/accolades/accomplishments speak for itself. It can be debatable whether or not he was a better scorer than Wilt. He wasn't as good a passer as Magic. Wasn't as good a shooter as Bird. What people like myself, OldSchoolBball, Glide2keva, Calabis, Sin Jackal, etc. take issue with is when people try and place Kobe in the same stratosphere as these guys when it's clear he doesn't belong there. He has never approached Jordan's career and never will. He's fallen short in everything. No he doesn't have a "higher scoring ceiling"(whatever the hell that means) than Jordan. No his post game is not equal to Jordan's. He isn't as good and you need to accept that. And yes, KG5MVP, another troll account, DID ruin this thread to begin with. However it was only a matter of time that posters like the above were going to come in here with their "KOBE GOAT " garbage. You know that. This only accelerated their arrival.

As far as the OP's question? Either 2001 against the Spurs or 2008 against the Spurs.

This post has so much garbage it's amazing. May God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Has anybody suggested to Jeff that some kind of safety measures be put in effect where banned posters cannot come back under new usernames? Once time, you get a second chance. After that, you're done. I'm not sure what kind of stuff can be done but I'm sure we can come with suggestions. This is the kind of BS that pollutes this board and makes it unbearable. Ignore list doesn't work because someone inevitably ends up quoting them. When they're finally banned, they come back under yet another username and you have to update ignore list again. I don't care much for the rep system and I never comment on it, but it's quite telling when "brand new" posters such as these already are in the red.

What exactly are Jordan fans delusional about? He's widely considered the greatest player of all time. Does that mean he is? No, there other players who you can make a case for as well. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Russell come to mind and, to a lesser extent, Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan isn't the best at everything. He doesn't need to be, his overall numbers/accolades/accomplishments speak for itself. It can be debatable whether or not he was a better scorer than Wilt. He wasn't as good a passer as Magic. Wasn't as good a shooter as Bird. What people like myself, OldSchoolBball, Glide2keva, Calabis, Sin Jackal, etc. take issue with is when people try and place Kobe in the same stratosphere as these guys when it's clear he doesn't belong there. He has never approached Jordan's career and never will. He's fallen short in everything. No he doesn't have a "higher scoring ceiling"(whatever the hell that means) than Jordan. No his post game is not equal to Jordan's. He isn't as good and you need to accept that. And yes, KG5MVP, another troll account, DID ruin this thread to begin with. However it was only a matter of time that posters like the above were going to come in here with their "KOBE GOAT " garbage. You know that. This only accelerated their arrival.

As far as the OP's question? Either 2001 against the Spurs or 2008 against the Spurs.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I find it hard to believe that there is
    no facet of kobes game that cant be compared to mikes. Honestly what are you guys protecting MJ from ????. I understand that there are people who overrate kobe but its not like we he is harold minor or someone. There can be valid arguments made about kobe being just as good if not better in certain aspects of the game. Most knowledgeable posters know MJ is GOAT, also i wouldnt call Kobe career "falling short" when you have 5 rings and a resume that maybe only a few other players can contend with. When u have posters who come in a thread playing PREVENT defense "let me say hes not better than jordan because someone is bound to say he is".

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

good stuff in this thread.

Raptorfan making himself look like an idiot as usual.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks25
    Jordan had to move quicker because he didn't have Kobe's isolation ability. He had to attack before a defense sets up because he lacked iso scoring creativity and ball-handling: everything was a drive or a pull-up mid-range jumper. Kobe, on the other hand, is the best/most creative ball-handler at the SG position ever and has a unparalleled array of shots.
    Ban! Jordan lacked scoring creativity? Please watch the Boston series where he scored 63.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

Enjoy Retirement