Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Why do peeps act like Heat are more stacked than any other great title team??

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Its the best clutch playoff run since MJ. That is saying a lot.
    This is true. Dirk's been way too clutch. His overall impact hasn't really gone past what a lot of other superstars have done in the past while winning rings, but his performances in tight games have been legendary. Dirk's teammates have really stepped up as well though. Kidd and Terry were the MVPs of last night.. they closed the game out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Why do peeps act like Heat are more stacked than any other great title team??

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    cept when kobe wins.. he isnt the main reason. its everyone else
    are you talking to me?

i never said that kobe wasn't the best player on his team since shaq left. he is most responsible for winning overall. that is obvious.

the debate is about stacked teams. this heat team is not "so good its unfair"

i see no evidence of that in this series, the playoffs, or this year overall.

the heat are definitely stacked though. they just aren't nearly to the level that a lot of agenda driven posters say.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    This is true. Dirk's been way too clutch. His overall impact hasn't really gone past what a lot of other superstars have done in the past while winning rings, but his performances in tight games have been legendary. Dirk's teammates have really stepped up as well though. Kidd and Terry were the MVPs of last night.. they closed the game out.
    you could argue terry was the mvp of the game last night. not kidd though. that is just laughable.

and when you combine everything for dirk...its more and more becoming legendary:

28 points/8 boards/3 assists on 50/51/94 62% TS

That line alone given the circumstances of this run is astounding, but when you factor in his 4th qtr scoring and clutch play it becomes on a whole different level.

Hopefully he has 1 more great game in him.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 06-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Banned

nothing.

they are stacked. i have said this repeatedly.

just like so many other teams in nba history.

you can't have it both ways. either give this mavs team credit for beating an all time stacked team or come back to earth about how good this team actually is.

its not just this series. the bulls series was very close. if rose has been just decent the bulls could have won that series. it goes 7 for sure.

you can't sit here and prop up this heat team to diminish players you don't like and then not turn around and use the same standards and give the mavs a ton of credit if they win.

if the heat are as good as you say, this would be by far the biggest upset in nba finals history. somehow i doubt people like you will give the mavs/dirk that kind of credit.
    They are an all-time stacked team who leader choked!
    That is the only reason Dallas has won this games, if Lebron played bad, just BAD. Not be invisible.
    Heat sweep then easily!

The series could easily been a SWEEP!
    But the choking and disappearing of Lebron james brought the Mavs back into it every game.

Think about it, Lebron James has been INVISIBLE and yet all the games were close. Even when they shot lights out last night, they barely won.

Yes they are an all-time stacked team, the Leader is averaging 15 inflated points.

I say inflated because most of them are dunks from fast breaks. He actually only has 2 legit points in the 4th quarter in the entire series. The rest are fact break transistions points and then the point giveaway at the end of last game.

2 half court points in the 4th Quarter of the finals? and YET THEY ARE STILL IN THE GAME!

The luxury of stackness is too much.

In Game 4, Lebron scored just 8 points and his team ALMOST WON THE GAME!
    Came down to the last possession of wade missing the freethrow and losing the ball.

The luxury of stackness Lebron has is way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Don't forget marion. His defense and scoring have been amazing. Him playing lebron to a standstill is just as important as what dirk is doing.

Good college starter

Because they are. Arguably the two best player in the game on one team, plus a All-Star power forward and a bunch of knock down shooters to surround them. That's the most stacked team in the NBA.

The only problem is that Dirk is prob the best player this post season and the Mavs have veterans that are hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    They are an all-time stacked team who leader choked!
    That is the only reason Dallas has won this games, if Lebron played bad, just BAD. Not be invisible.
    Heat sweep then easily!

The series could easily been a SWEEP!
    But the choking and disappearing of Lebron james brought the Mavs back into it every game.

Think about it, Lebron James has been INVISIBLE and yet all the games were close. Even when they shot lights out last night, they barely won.

Yes they are an all-time stacked team, the Leader is averaging 15 inflated points.

I say inflated because most of them are dunks from fast breaks. He actually only has 2 legit points in the 4th quarter in the entire series. The rest are fact break transistions points and then the point giveaway at the end of last game.

2 half court points in the 4th Quarter of the finals? and YET THEY ARE STILL IN THE GAME!

The luxury of stackness is too much.

In Game 4, Lebron scored just 8 points and his team ALMOST WON THE GAME!
    Came down to the last possession of wade missing the freethrow and losing the ball.

The luxury of stackness Lebron has is way too much.
    You have to give the Mavericks credit for this. You can't just always say the Heat choked or the Lakers are old.

Damn guys. You have to give the other team some freaking credit. Especially when its the finals.

You people think its just random that Dirk and the Mavs are doing the same thing to the Heat that they did to the Blazers, Lakers, and Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Don't forget marion. His defense and scoring have been amazing. Him playing lebron to a standstill is just as important as what dirk is doing.
    Marion has been great, but Dirk is by far the Mavericks best and most valuable player in this series. Its not even remotely close.

Nothing that any other player has provided comes close to equaling what Dirk has done in this series.

7-time NBA All-Star

nothing.

they are stacked. i have said this repeatedly.

just like so many other teams in nba history.

you can't have it both ways. either give this mavs team credit for beating an all time stacked team or come back to earth about how good this team actually is.
    If the Mavs hang on and win, this is what I'm going to do, and regardless of the outcome, they get credit from me anyway. I've been right with you before this praising Dirk's playoff play and saying he's been a legit franchise player before this run. I also had him among my MVP candidates this season.

After both games 1 and 3, all of the analysts were saying that it looked like Dallas just didn't have the talent to beat the Heat.

Dallas is 1 game away from a title for several reasons, and they do parallel the 2003 Spurs in quite a few ways.

1.Great playoff run from their star, he's consistently stepped up in big moments and carried them a lot. Both throughout games as evidenced by his 28/8/3/50 FG%/62 TS% numbers, his insane clutch play, his huge demoralizing games such as those 40+ point games vs OKC and his leadership. After the game where he was sick, people have already forgotten that there were a lot of concerns about Dirk's injury, but he played through that admirably as well. He's making the passes when doubled, and he's beating a lot of double teams when they come, and when he shoots, you feel like it's going in.

2.A solid cast that has stepped up at the right times

Dirk has been the best player in the playoffs, imo, but I do think the Heat are the most talented I've seen in a while, though the '08 Celtics had more chemistry and leadership.

Local High School Star

USA!!!
    normally the media reports about the one star of a team and maybe his sidekick on off days. e.g. with Dallas it's all about Dirk.

but with the Heat they have to count to 3. they have the best player in the NBA, another superstar and top 5 player in Wade and another Allstar in Bosh. there is no space left for real sidekicks.

the last team so top heavy were the Lakers in 02. with the great Shaq and Kobe they had 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA. but they had no Allstar like Bosh who was no1 option on another NBA team before.

Marion has been great, but Dirk is by far the Mavericks best and most valuable player in this series. Its not even remotely close.

Nothing that any other player has provided comes close to equaling what Dirk has done in this series.
    Are you serious? I think marion playing one of the best players in the league to a standstillm even outplaying him. And chandlers rebounding and overall defense is what keeping the mavs in it. And marion has been consistant from game one