Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Post a better dunk than these 2 from Wade/Kobe

Wade:

Full Spin Move Finishing off of the Defense with a two-handed 40 Inch Vert Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbQ2FMtaFI

Kobe: Behind the back, subtle, 180 degree, single-leg, effortless one-handed flush leaving the defender frozen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXo0x0ZiNoE

Two of the most technical and HIGHLY SKILLED athletic basketball plays I've ever seen.

Pay Homage

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Post a better dunk than these 2 from Wade/Kobe

That move on Perkins is the greatest single move in NBA history...just absolutely filthy. Wade is probably the most aesthetically pleasing slasher the league has ever seen...would just weave his away around the defense and then explode off the dribble to the basket.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

One thing you notice about Dwayne Wade's dunks is defender ALWAYS try to challenge him regardless of how ridiculous is vertical is. A reason for that is because Wade is 2 footed dunker (most of the time) and defenders feel like they can time their block perfectly.

Kobe is definitely more of the single footed jumper....which leaves the defense little time to react (although younger Kobe would often take off with both feet)

Both usually end with the same result. Crazy how neither one is regarded as a top 10 dunker.

Wade didn't get that high on that dunk and he doesn't have a monster vertical. But he has those Mr stretch arms that always throw defenders off. It's how he gets these dunks and blocks from odd angles

I wish another player like Wade comes along soon. I really miss young Wade. One of those rare players I actually want to pay to watch live.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Both usually end with the same result. Crazy how neither one is regarded as a top 10 dunker.
    Hmm, I guess I'd have to see some names on paper, but it seems both of those guys would have a good case for being Top 10 dunkers.

In no particular order, the first guys who'd come to mind would be Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Dominique Wilkins, and Shawn Kemp.

After that, it seems like there'd be a lot of room for shuffling, including tossing Kobe Bryant into the mix, if not Dwyane Wade as well.

Guys like Jason Richardson, LeBron James, David Thompson, and Blake Griffin all seem to have at least some caveats that could cast doubt, depending upon what someone prefers in a dunker (Richardson was limited in-game due to lack of palming ability and virtually non-existent one-foot takeoffs, James catches flak for limited arsenal and simplicity... though I personally feel he probably belongs in Top 10, Thompson seems to live more off of myth than anything else, and Griffin's legendary dunk antics pipered down in a hurry following his knee issues).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I don't think Wade ever had a 40 inch vert though...so I don't know about that. It's a mixture of length (his 6-10 wingspan) and explosion (from him gathering to going up) that give the illusion he's jumping higher than he was. Jumping high is well and good but the quicker you get off the court the better.

This is from 2010 though: http://www.stack.com/video/230566871...-onto-a-42-box