Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think basketball players should be paid this much

Isn't something very wrong with this?
    I tend not to complain about people having something I help provide for them.

Local High School Star

The NBA either makes a lot more than we think or they're going to go bankrupt

No not at all but when these owners complain they don't make enough money and need the public to subsidize their arenas then maybe our politicians should stand up to these billionaires (wishful thinking i know.)

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

What you're asking is "should the players earn 50% of the league's revenue as agreed?", to which the answer is a clear yes.

If you put the prices down for fans to make it affordable, demand would increase and the secondary market would increase, pricing out the people you wanted to help in the first place.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    What you're asking is "should the players earn 50% of the league's revenue as agreed?", to which the answer is a clear yes.

If you put the prices down for fans to make it affordable, demand would increase and the secondary market would increase, pricing out the people you wanted to help in the first place.
    Ok, here is another, there are who knows how many basketball hopefulls in the US, usually blacks with no or little education.

D-Leaguers don't even make enough to pay the bills.

How about making the D-League actually competetive and worth watching by making these teams into real teams with real contracts and coaches.