Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OJ Mayo has been "dismissed and disqualified" by NBA for violating Anti-Drug Program

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

No warning, no nothing? I wonder what they caught him with...and how?
    He already got a warning. He served a 10-game suspension in 2011 for PED usage. Under the new CBA that the players agreed upon this was his second incident, so he should've known this would happen.

Default Re: OJ Mayo has been "dismissed and disqualified" by NBA for violating Anti-Drug Program

[QUOTE]However, the NBA's collective bargaining agreement

Crack

And just when you think he has developed into a solid veteran / role player...

He is currently 28, so at 30 without 2 years of NBA action (I assume he can play overseas meanwhile) and the stigma of "drug of abuse" on him... I think we may have seen the last of Mayo in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by artificial

He is currently 28, so at 30 without 2 years of NBA action (I assume he can play overseas meanwhile) and the stigma of "drug of abuse" on him... I think we may have seen the last of Mayo in the NBA
    Such a waste. His first year in Milwaukee I thought he was starting to turn the corner, then he f*cks up again.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Take your pic, ISH
    started out in memphis.. might be on that lean

Today: Mike Conley got $153 million. OJ Mayo got banned from the NBA for 2 years. The 2 were major AAU rivals in HS in '04, '05. Choices.

Lil oj mayo must be devastated

Holy shit. I've always liked this retard.

Trying to keep the 70s and early 80s basketball cocaine epidemic from repeating itself. Where's long time ISHer lilojmayo with his thoughts on possibly the end of his dude's career.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    They are obligated to report every failed test and act on it. So they did.
    According to a US Congress investigation, the NBA supposedly had connections on the company that does the drug testing, and they are under no obligation to report failed tests either, as that is a private matter, between the companies and the players.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-02-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial

The NBA does not honor FIBA drug bans, but FIBA honors NBA drug bans. So normally, no he can't play overseas. Not unless he proves he did not take the drug.

Back in the 80s and 90s a bunch of NBA players got suspended for drugs (like cocaine for example, we are not talking NBA suspending players for PED use) and so they would got to Europe to play. So FIBA made rules to put an end to that.

Nick Calathes was suspended by the NBA for PEDs and he was then subsequently banned from playing with the Greek national team and in the Greek League and Euroleague, until the normal duration of the suspension would end (NBA it was like 20 games, but FIBA it was like 6 months off the court).

Calathes only had a failed test in NBA, none in Europe, and yet he was immediately banned by FIBA.

Euroleague only does drug tests at the start of a player's contract. All he needs to do is stay clean until he signs it, then he's good to do whatever he wants. It's a pretty shit system but I guess that's what you get in the amateurs.