Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Again who are those teams.Because i dont know a team that has five all stars.

Though lakers starting unit have all been all stars though you cant be talking about lakers since they have more than 27 losses.Miami has 3 all stars and one former allstar thats about it.

You cant be talking about thunder because they are better then 55-27 but worse than 65-17 and RWB is playing better than KD since allstar break.
    Those are not realistic teams. They were made up by me. I just want you to tell me, who would you pick for MVP, if those were the 2 best records in the league.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    If (when) LeBron gets MVP he just needs one more Finals MVP to pass Kobe. Kobe-tards are shook.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

how about a guy who doesnt have an mvp yet. and has a ton less help... and plays in a way tougher confrence. and is averaging way more points. and has to overcome a cancerous pg that shoots 40%fg's and takes more shots than him. and who lost their 3rd best player via salary dumping for garbage. and whos one of only a few guys in nba history to have a 50/40/90% season in nba history ( which is nearly impossible to have if you're leading the nba in scoring.. has it even happend before? )

?
    Cancerous? The guy has been on a tear post all-star break, moreover this last quarter of the season.

Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 03-16-2013 at 02:44 PM.

i doubt it..

i'l still take

5 rings
    1 mvp
    2 finals mvps
    4 allstar mvps
    11 all nba 1st teams ( nba record ) as of this season
    9 all defensive 1st teams ( nba record )
    15 consecutive allstar starts ( nba record )
    all time scorer a few years from now
    all time playoff scorer a year from now
    81 point career high ( 2nd best ever )
    2nd most 60 point games
    3rd most 50 point games
    best 15th,16th,17th year player in nba history ( best longevity )
    45+ game winning shots ( most ever )

over lebrons 4-10 bogus media popularity mvp awards and his asterisk title or any other by this ring chasing colluding trio

You would take Kobe. But what you would do doesn't mean anything. Anybody with a head on their shoulders would take LeBron over Kobrick.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Just answer the question. Should the MVP be given to:

A. the guy with the best stats in a star-filled team- of course leading to a league best record

or

B. the 1 star in a team that is playing crazy, but does not have the best team record.
    Of course the first option A.It has always been the same.If your stats doesnt translate into wins what good is that.

Look at what love did previous seasons.He didnt even get a MVP consideration because of team record.

Look what lebron went through during 2006-2008 seasons when he was amazing and during rose MVP season.

Look at what kobe went through during his amazing 2005-2006 campaign.

Look at shaq he was the best player with best stats but his teams have never been very successful in RS.

Look what Hakeem went through when he was absolutely scorching every opponent after MJ first retirements.

Look at what MJ went through in his first couple of seasons.

STOP BICKERING dude MVP is predefined best player on one of the best teams.

Look at how Bird got his MVPs.He got three in a row with the one of the most stacked teams in modern history.

Look at how magic got his MVPs.He had a teammate that ranks #2 among all time greats.

Look at bill russell he had 5 HOFs and he still got that many MVPs.
    Last edited by arifgokcen; 03-16-2013 at 02:49 PM.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Those are not realistic teams. They were made up by me. I just want you to tell me, who would you pick for MVP, if those were the 2 best records in the league.
    I told you look at my last post please and unlike other lebron fans i started liking and watching NBA with kobe so please dont throw some ridiculous accusations my way.I am just explaining the facts you are denying.

College superstar

Just answer the question. Should the MVP be given to:

A. the guy with the best stats in a star-filled team- of course leading to a league best record

or

B. the 1 star in a team that is playing crazy, but does not have the best team record.
    Your scenario was ridiculous. You said;
    "A. 5 all stars, leading their team to 65-17
    B. 1 Star, leading his team to 55-27"
    Which two player are you trying to compare?

College superstar

I've said this since "the descion." LeBron should not win MVP unless Miami wins 70 games, or atleast close to 70 games. When LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded to join forces, everyone was projecting the team to win close to 70 games, or even surpass the '96 Bulls 72 game game record. But once again, they are going to end up underachieving with worse records than the Cavs in 2009 and 2010 when LeBron won back-to-back MVPs. (I believe James even said himself he didn't think he or Wade would win MVP with them being on the same team.)

In short, with a more talented team, LeBron once again like 2011 (when he rightfully didn't win) is going to have fewer wins, and with worse overall stats.

MVP shouldn't automatically = best player on the team with the most wins. Especially when the team has 3 superstars all in their prime.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 03-16-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Banned

Lebron is about as clear cut an MVP as there has been historically. He fits the bill no matter what angle you look at it from. Best player in the league? Lebron. Best player on the best team? Lebron. Guy who does the most for his team? Lebron.

I'm curious- if Lebron isn't the MVP, then who is in your opinion OP?

*Waits for half-baked, convoluted, nonsensical rambling about how Bean deserves it*

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    I've said this since "the descion." LeBron should not win MVP unless Miami wins 70 games, or atleast close to 70 games. When LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded to join forces, everyone was projecting the team to win close to 70 games, or even surpass the '96 Bulls 72 game game record. But once again, they are going to end up underachieving with worse records than the Cavs in 2009 and 2010 when LeBron won back-to-back MVPs. (I believe James even said himself he didn't think he or Wade would win MVP with them being on the same team.)

In short, with a more talented team, LeBron once again like 2011 (when he rightfully didn't win) is going to have fewer wins, and with worse overall stats.

MVP shouldn't automatically = best player on the team with the most wins. Especially when the team has 3 superstars all in their prime.
    Who's MVP then? The only other candidate close to him is Durant and he has great teammates as well.

If we make 2 teams.

A. 5 all stars, leading their team to 65-17
    B. 1 Star, leading his team to 55-27

Should we give it to the guy in team A with the best stats, or to the 1 star in team B who is playing out of his mind?

This will put the whole thing into perspective.
    I'm guessing the 1 star is Westbrook?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    I've said this since "the descion." LeBron should not win MVP unless Miami wins 70 games, or atleast close to 70 games. When LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded to join forces, everyone was projecting the team to win close to 70 games, or even surpass the '96 Bulls 72 game game record.
    I feel like every year people predict that a team will surpass the Bulls' record. Hell, even World Peace said the Lakers were going for a 73-9 record when they acquired Nash and Howard. I think that turned out just a bit worse than when the Heat acquired Bosh and James

That's a silly benchmark to set for an MVP award. How many teams in NBA history have won 70 games? That's the benchmark for GOAT status, MVP standards are nowhere near that stringent.

i doubt it..

i'l still take

5 rings
    1 mvp
    2 finals mvps
    4 allstar mvps
    11 all nba 1st teams ( nba record ) as of this season
    9 all defensive 1st teams ( nba record )
    15 consecutive allstar starts ( nba record )
    all time scorer a few years from now
    all time playoff scorer a year from now
    81 point career high ( 2nd best ever )
    2nd most 60 point games
    3rd most 50 point games
    best 15th,16th,17th year player in nba history ( best longevity )
    45+ game winning shots ( most ever )

over lebrons 4-10 bogus media popularity mvp awards and his asterisk title or any other by this ring chasing colluding trio
    2 Finals MVPs + 4 MVPs >> 2 Finals MVPs + 1 MVP. Kobe's been in the league much longer than LeBron so of course he's going to have all of those extra stats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    2 Finals MVPs + 4 MVPs >> 2 Finals MVPs + 1 MVP. Kobe's been in the league much longer than LeBron so of course he's going to have all of those extra stats.

ya sure... if both players have the same number of championships

but kobe has 3 more championships with averages of

23/5/5
    29/7/6
    27/6/6

in the playoffs

which is on the same level as any of kareems non finals mvp. a legit star championship

only mj can say he won 3+ rings and won all the fmvps

so ya...

3 star titles by an mvp/fmvp winner > any number of additional season mvps

its more about # of rings by mvps than # of mvps by ring winners

shaq/kobe/hakeem/duncan are all routinely ranked way ahead of moses malone.. who has 3 mvps

ether taste good?