Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    But the most underrated Kiwi has to be Lindsay Tait. Dude is better than Delonte West IMO.
    Only thing about lindsay is his jumper is poos. its like not even a proper action. he comes from the side all funny but i like his ball handling skills. His shot may not be good but at least its better than Dickels ugly shot, its like flung from behind his head and its not even consistant...
    but new zealand PGs all have really good ball handling skills

Saw a basketball once

New Zealand followers...How about Phil Jones? Very consistent scorer and a guy who can hit a big shot. I saw Phil live in 2003 and really was impressed with his offensive ability.

Saw a basketball once

lithuania has the best international players in the nba with Ilgauskas, Songaila, Jasikevicius, and Kleiza.

Saw a basketball once

Default ....

New Zealand followers...How about Phil Jones? Very consistent scorer and a guy who can hit a big shot. I saw Phil live in 2003 and really was impressed with his offensive ability.
    Yeah i rank Phil highly. Hes always been consistant on offence, and he was on fire in the last series against Australia. Seems to be able to knock down the big shots on most occasions. Improved alot from playing over seas.

Serious playground baller lowblok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Yeti
    Yeah i rank Phil highly. Hes always been consistant on offence, and he was on fire in the last series against Australia. Seems to be able to knock down the big shots on most occasions. Improved alot from playing over seas.
    I'll say. When he played for the Breakers he was a bit dissapointing, 30-40 pts one game and then <10 the next 5 or 6 games. He had a good stint in the recent NZ NBL and has carried that form on so far. Well done Phil....

Saw a basketball once

What About Turkey? There Are Lots Of Good Guys In The Market. Hidayet(hedo) Turkoglu,mehmet Okur, Zaza Paculia, Ersan Ilyasova(playing In The Nbdl,tulsa),engİn Atsur(n.carolina State),kerem Tunceri(new Addition To Real Madrid,spain),cenk Akyol(drafted Last Year By Hawks),mirsad Turkcan(one Time Knick,buck) And So On.. You Cant Forget About Them...and Most Important Of All, Our Newest Generation Is Coming Up Huge, We Are Waiting For 2010 World Champship In Our Country. All Of You Guys Are Being Invited With Our Great Hospitality...

Serious playground baller Wicked_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gedisg
    lithuania has the best international players in the nba with Ilgauskas, Songaila, Jasikevicius, and Kleiza.
    agreed they are all around players great talent and have size! I still think Sabonis was the greatest ALL AROUND international player to come to the NBA only if he came in when he was orginally drafted in 86 i wonder what type of damage he could have done:confused:

i'm suprised no one has mentioned Dino Radja or Detleff Schremf or Ric Smits the dunking dutchmen!

Saw a basketball once

Greece

ALL Time : Nikos Gallis (The Best Scorer And Sg europe ever had along wit Petrovic) ..

At the moment : Its hard to choose ...All the guards are equal and form
    the best baseline in europe ...I would go For Papaloukas
    (Mvp of the Final of Eurobasket ,All-star team of Euroleague,Mvp of Euroleagues FInal FOur ,SemiFinal And Final,Mvp of The Final of Russian Cup,Triple Crown wit Csska As a Leader,Certainly the best Pg in europe By A HUGE margin)..
    Last edited by MaNs1; 08-02-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Nigeria: Hakeem Olajuwon....best moves of any big man ever....

Jamaica: Patrick Ewing...great player in the sahdow of Olajuwon and Shaq most of his career

Dr Congo: Dikembe Mutombo....one of the better defenders of his era

Saw a basketball once

Australia: Luke Longly will always be one of my all time favourites. he might not have the international recognition like gaze but he was just as talented. plus he basically kept the perth wildcats (australian league team) up and running by being their co-owner for years. not 2 mention the rings he won with the bulls

In the Philippines, the current best player is Danny Seigle.

Saw a basketball once

danny seigle would probably be the best in terms of size and match ups, but james yap is currently the best player in the philippines. has an outside shot, has hops and hang time, and most importantly is good in the clutch.if only he was about 6'5" he'd be better than danny seigle.

Learning to shoot layups

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    Kirk Penney is pretty good too.

But the most underrated Kiwi has to be Lindsay Tait. Dude is better than Delonte West IMO.

dude you are on the pipe!!! I usually love your posts, but this one almost made me fall outa my seat. I know 17yr olds over here with more upside than Lindsay Tait.

NZ best player is Pero Cameron. Penney, Dickel and Jones are good too, Bradshaw is on his way.

Dillon Boucher makes my eyes hurt. He is the most disgusting excuse for a basketballer I have ever seen in my whole, entire life. To think he makes a living from the game, AND continually represents his country is astonishing to me.......
    Last edited by funky2dope; 08-29-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clv
    danny seigle would probably be the best in terms of size and match ups, but james yap is currently the best player in the philippines. has an outside shot, has hops and hang time, and most importantly is good in the clutch.if only he was about 6'5" he'd be better than danny seigle.
    I agree in a way but if you're gonna pick someone to be part of the Philippine national team, who would you choose?...Im pretty sure that a lot of people will choose seigle...yup, height is that important....

Saw a basketball once

from GREECE dimitris diamadidis, spanoulis, theo papaloukas and of caurse schortsianitis