Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    The Lakers would probably have to part with Odom and Bynum to make this trade work. Personally I think the T-wolves are the best team to do it. The sixers have a hard on for Randy Foye, so you can convince them to take way less then equal value for AI. Foye+Hassell+Davis+Draftpick+Filler(Mike James perhaps?) for AI.

Pat Riley is looking smarter and smarter all the time, he had the Balls to trade Caron Butler and Lamar Odom for Shaq and he won a title. Most GM's lack the nuts to agree to a trade that big. AI+KG<Wade+Shaq but it gives you a chance.
    It doesn't take much balls to want Shaquille O'Neal for borderline All Stars at best (most likely never AllStars). Neither Butler or Odom will ever be close to O'Neal. They are easily replaceable. There is only one Shaq. Easy trade.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Actually, AI and KG would be better than Wade and O'Neil were last season. O'Neal has fallen off big-time to the point where KG is definitely better and Iverson vs. Wade is basically a wash.

Default ...

I am really just sitting here waiting for this trade to go down. I have confidence it will go down by tonight. I just hope he doesn't go to the T-Wolves.

Serious playground baller

It doesn't take much balls to want Shaquille O'Neal for borderline All Stars at best (most likely never AllStars). Neither Butler or Odom will ever be close to O'Neal. They are easily replaceable. There is only one Shaq. Easy trade.
    And yet most GM's don't have the balls to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Actually, AI and KG would be better than Wade and O'Neil were last season. O'Neal has fallen off big-time to the point where KG is definitely better and Iverson vs. Wade is basically a wash.
    This is a classic case of a "bust" waiting to happen. Just because you throw AI and KG on same team doesn't mean "championship". too many other factors and too many other great teams in West. If KG went to Philly, they'd have much better shot in East to make it work.

It sounds nice KG and AI, but I think it's doomed to failure.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    I am really just sitting here waiting for this trade to go down. I have confidence it will go down by tonight. I just hope he doesn't go to the T-Wolves.
    And I hope the Lakers don't do something stupid here...

I swear as GoBB is my witness...if a trade goes down and Steve Francis ends up a Sixer? I will not cheer/root/attend any games until he is gone. I dont care if Sixers win the lottery and Oden comes out. I refuse to be a fan of a team with Steve Francis on it.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I swear as GoBB is my witness...if a trade goes down and Steve Francis ends up a Sixer? I will not cheer/root/attend any games until he is gone. I dont care if Sixers win the lottery and Oden comes out. I refuse to be a fan of a team with Steve Francis on it.

Period.
    Replace "Sixers" with "Knicks" and now you know how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is a classic case of a "bust" waiting to happen. Just because you throw AI and KG on same team doesn't mean "championship". too many other factors and too many other great teams in West. If KG went to Philly, they'd have much better shot in East to make it work.

It sounds nice KG and AI, but I think it's doomed to failure.
    I'm just talking about whether they'd be a better duo than Wade and Shaq, not whether or not they win the title.

If Miami had played in the west they might never have made it. The two toughest teams they faced in the east were the Bulls and the Pistons. Imagine them facing Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas on their way to the finals. Not pretty. And That is exactly who'd they face assuming they were a 5 seed.

I'm just talking about whether they'd be a better duo than Wade and Shaq, not whether or not they win the title.
    That's unknowable until KG and AI are on the same team.

Lots of things we discuss are unknowable, doesn't mean we can't discuss them.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Lots of things we discuss are unknowable, doesn't mean we can't discuss them.
    this suspense is killing me.

AI trade talk totally dominated my weekend.

Does anyone know if its legal to sit a player out not because of displinary actions/team conduct nor injury but just for the sake of it? I mean AI is healthy and wants to play. He's not suspended, he's not injured but he isnt being allowed to play. Isnt that a grievance or its ok since he still gets paid?

Sixers play Portland tonight. 3rd game he will miss.

He'd file a greivance if he could, wouldn't he?