Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite NBA All-Star Game memories?

What are some of your favorite NBA All-Star Game memories of all time?

One of the most classic ones, many years ago, was pretty much everything Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas did in Magic's final All-Star Game.

Default Re: Favorite NBA All-Star Game memories?

96 Shaq going at Robinson and putting on a clinic in San Antonio

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

the pauk lion king essay one has to be ISH's most classic.

National High School Star

2001 ASG

East midgets (Starbury, VC, AI, TMac, Spree) came from behind victory over the West giants (Timmy, KG, CWebb, Sheed,) after being down by 20+ points

The last 2 mins. were clutch as hell, between Kobe, AI & Starbury

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    the pauk lion king essay one has to be ISH's most classic.
    I finally found it again, can't post the whole thing due to character limit but here's part of it
    Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You know how an old and dying Lion gathers up all his last strength he has left to do his last desperate attack against the prime Lion that constantly beats him & took over his pride, just to at least annoy him and then go "ha ha ha" and run away to his death with at least one happy thought........? That was Kobe tonight......

That was just sad to watch from Kobe and very surprising, totally uncalled for...... He wasnt even having a good game, but he sure wanted to take that time of the West leading the East even though its a completely useless game to poke & annoy the bear and show his evident feelings towards Lebron humiliating him where it matters (what else could it be?) by trashtalking (not fun or friendly trashtalking) and putting up all his energy (which he would not put up on the court all season) on trying to defend a nonchalant Lebron as hard as he ever could in a nonchalant all-star game......

I mean, he was DEAD serious, Game 7 Finals 1 minute left game tied type of serious.......... with all his might played full-court press while trashtalking, then got a block on him where Lebron did a nonchalant all-star-game type of play/jumper..... then Kobe trashtalked "HE CANT SCORE ON ME!!!".... Lebron still didnt want to get in to this old desperate mans last desperate endeavour....... Lebron then did some drives on Kobe where Kobe got away with what would be called a foul in a normal game (hooking his shooting arm on the drive & pushing)... taking advantage of great all-star game officiating afterall....... and then continued to trashtalk while the game ended.....

If Lebron was any kind of serious of winning this useless game and if Lebron knew what this pathetic old man had in mind in this useless game then he would come out from the start of the game and proceed to obliterate Kobe like he always does.........

Go ahead old man, way to go....... the bad thing about this Kobe is that any type of compassion Lebron had when he would face you is gone.... you are lucky you will never meet Lebron in the playoffs and you better pray that never happens...........

But you are VERY unlucky you will meet a very serious & pissed of Lebron in a regular season game until you retire.......... very unlucky................. cant wait to see their next matchup....
    Lets see here.... this bothered me? No, this is more like comedy, a chuckle at a pathetic player endeavour which occurred during his downfall in a futile moment against a player that would steadily depress him during moments which are not as incompetent as all-star games....... considering this how could your cerebrum possibly develope your braincells to come up with such a stupid conclusion?

Time out of my life? It took 5-10 minutes, ISH is a hobby (unfortunately, with posters like in this thread/forum its becoming less and less of that)... what are you doing here reading this? What are you doing here taking time of YOUR life to write that ignorant assumption and still get decimated?

But nice try, the only reason you deserved a response from me here is because your cerebral cortex has compared to these other trolls at least slightly better function and decency to more articulately create a post which is within context.....

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825 View Post
    I finally found it again, can't post the whole thing due to character limit but here's part of it
    If I recall someone said that it was longer than the description of how god created the world lol.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    96 Shaq going at Robinson and putting on a clinic in San Antonio
    I wore that VHS taping out back in the day. Those east jerseys were salsa fresh. In fact, I'm gonna go youtube it now.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Jordan with the fadeaway winner over Marion in 2003 was simply incredible.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Magic in 1992 was pretty emotional i remember.

LeBron between the legs dunk in the 2004 rookie game

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825 View Post
    LOL @ pauk

My fav dunk contest in the entire history of the event was Zach LaVine vs Aaron Gordon.

Best one ever.

MJ vs Nique is legendary and kinda in its own category, but for history reasons.

Jordan in the 88 ASG when he went absolutely berserk in the last 3 or 4 minutes. Or the fadeaway against Marion in 2003.

1992: Magic's jumper and the Isiah hug.

2006: Lebron winning his first all star mvp in what was a really hood game.

Iverson leading the big comeback in the 2001 game.