Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: D. Rose quote after today's FIBA game

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    When Harden said the same thing, this board mocked him.

Both are dumb for pretending they are the best players, but its a plus if they really think that way.
    Cut the shit. We mocked the content of the statement...not him making the statement. Even I gave him props for the confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    stop your bullshit. go back to being banned.
    Will you ever have anything relevant to add to a conversation?

Insufferable D-Rose fanboy reject. Your boy is shooting 20% and he's proud of himself. Bailed on your shit city two years in a row and I guarantee you he will never sniff any playoff success.

Go back to snorting the skittles out of his ass crack and let those of us who aren't autistic talk about this stuff realistically

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Insufferable D-Rose fanboy reject. Your boy is shooting 20% and he's proud of himself. Bailed on your shit city two years in a row and I guarantee you he will never sniff any playoff success.

Go back to snorting the skittles out of his ass crack and let those of us who aren't autistic talk about this stuff realistically
    http://youtu.be/_fXc34xO3Gw

oh wow you really outdid yourself with the cliche immature ISH comeback. that whole skittles and ass crack thing sykkkk. pls go back to being banned. oh wait, i can just block your piss poor comments.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharcyde
    to be the best you gotta think you are the best

I like his attitude. he is primed for a nice year
    Oh. I thought it was to think you are the best you gotta actually be the best.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Aren't you from okc??? And you call Chicago shitty

I have heard it all lol

He looked great today. Broke out, showed more confidence. Finished at the rim. His game is so much more enjoyable to watch converse to say Curry, who finished like a WNBA player at the rim.

I'm glad Derrick is keeping his confidence up, that's a necessity for any great ball player. Someone getting on his case for this is absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like his "Why can't I be MVP?" statement prior to the 2011 season.

If you don't believe in yourself, honestly, who else will?

Am I the only one who thinks Curry is getting overrated big time?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He looked great today. Broke out, showed more confidence. Finished at the rim. His game is so much more enjoyable to watch converse to say Curry, who finished like a WNBA player at the rim.

I'm glad Derrick is keeping his confidence up, that's a necessity for any great ball player. Someone getting on his case for this is absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like his "Why can't I be MVP?" statement prior to the 2011 season.

If you don't believe in yourself, honestly, who else will?
    You can believe in yourself while also being realistic. It doesn't come off as the type of confidence that is healthy, it comes off as being delusional and not taking responsibility for playing like shit.

Just say you're playing like garbage and demand more from yourself, don't just sit there and act like everything is ok when it's not. The guy clearly hasn't mastered the mental side of the game, even though that should be his strongest asset after sitting on his ass for 2 straight years.

Why hasn't he mastered visualization and became a more cerebral player? If you're out for the whole year with an injury you should make the mind your biggest strength. That is simply where D-Rose just doesn't get it and never will. You can't make someone more willing and able to be smart if they're just not that bright to begin with....

He's gonna continue to be a guy shows flashes of brilliance athletically and as a scorer but will never have the impact on the game that some of you are so desperate for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Am I the only one who thinks Curry is getting overrated big time?
    How so? Top 3 PG, Top 10 player...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...mn.html#page=1

Great article about how being injured made Peyton an even more dangerous player. Now that is someone who gets it.

And his injury is way worse than Rose's relative to his position and he never made muscle memory excuses and came out and won the MVP the very next year.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman

How the F*CK do you have that many green bars when your posts are such crap???

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    How so? Top 3 PG, Top 10 player...
    He's been overrated. Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, and healthy D. Rose are most definitely better.

His most redeeming skill hasn't even been dominant on this USA team.

His 25 ppg 7 apg gets compared to Rose's 2011 MVP season by short sighted ISH members.

Yet Derrick played with no David Lee, Andre Iguodala, Klay Thompson to rack up dimes. And the Warriors play at a much higher offensive pace than any of those Bulls teams. So Derrick was shouldering a larger percentage of his team's offensive burden than the comparable box score numbers suggest.

Rose is the better defender. So much better at finishing at the rim. Where Curry often goes weakly into the lane. A reason why I actually think Kyrie Irving might be better than him at as well.

Curry to me isn't a superstar in a more physical game. Much like his pops, when you can actually play defense, he'd be a spot up shooter. Nothing more. The physicality in FIBA ball is part of the reason he might be struggling.

I don't consider Curry to be better than Kyrie Irving, or Dame Lillard honestly. All can shoot, dribble, and pass reasonably well. Kyrie gets to the basket and finishes better than both. NONE of them play defense.

Paul / Westbrook / D. Rose are the best PGs in the league. I don't think it's even really debatable. Their ability to dominate, feel for the game, attack, finish, control tempo and more specifically play defense separate them substantially from the rest of the pack in my basketball opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    How the F*CK do you have that many green bars when your posts are such crap???
    Jealous brah?

[quote]I think you owe it to the guys that you're playing with to be out here practicing and studying like you were when you were 22 years old, trying to earn the starting job as a rookie quarterback with the Colts and trying to establish yourself as a quarterback in the NFL. I think if you ever stop doing that