Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 2001 Lakers vs 2013 Heat

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Excatly. And Lebron is the one who has too stacked team right? Even though Shaq > Wade, Bosh and all the role players together.

Ahh kobe fans, when there's a chance to put down Lebron ''2013 Heat is the most stacked team ever'', but then when thread like this is created which inculdes their hero then Lakers would sweep Heat even though that means that 2001 Kobe had even more stacked team than Lebron this year, considering 2013 Lebron is clearly better player than 2001 Kobe. Kobe fans and their slow brain....

Btw I'm not saying that Lakers wouldn't own Heat, just showing how stupid Kobe fans are.
    lebron has a super stacked team in one of the weakest eras of the nba.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    Shaq would get his points but Miami would exploit him defensively. Shaq aint guarding Bosh on the perimeter. Lebron has historically dominated Kobe so I think Lebron easily gets the best of that battle. When you look past that Miami has better role players and have great defense. I could see them denying Shaq the ball and being successful in limiting his domination.

Whoever has homecourt wins in 7.
    Some other teams tried something similar to that. I remember Portland tried to do that with Arvydas Sabonis, who is bigger and stronger than Bosh. He was 7'3 and weight close to 300 lbs. Sabonis had a nice midrange jumper, around 42-43%. Bosh is better tho, and shoots around 48-50% for the last two years in the regular season. 2013 Bosh didn't shoot that much at the 3pt line tho as oppose to his 2014 self. Portland also tried to do pick and rolls against Shaq as well.

The difference is the offensive end. Nobody could really box Shaq out on the rebounds. Maybe Chris Anderson has the best chance. But if you put Chris Anderson in the game, then Shaq would protect the paint more. And if this is the same 2013 team that was injured during the playoffs, then the Lakers would win exploit that more than anybody. If they were healthy, then it'll be a little better with Wade and Bosh being 100%.

Miami's frontline is really weak tho when it comes to defend centers. They would either have to double team or front. Both you have to pick your poison. If they front, then the Lakers would either lob it to Shaq or swing the ball around for Shaq to get back into the post or find an opening. If they double team, then Shaq is a very good passer who could find an opening. And again, if old man Tim Duncan and Roy Hibbert caused the Heat trouble, Shaq would murder them. Their best bet is try to stop the wing players aka Kobe. And they have the perimeter players to slow him down. They could put Wade (better when healthy), LeBron or Battier. It's easier said than done tho, but I think 2013 LBJ could slow down 2001 Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    which era? they might call shaq for offensive fouls in this era
    so true....he's not getting away with elbowing defensive players in the face on half of his post ups

Give me any of the 3-peat Lakers. The Heat would have to be on fire from 3-point land to stand any chance in the series.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Give me any of the 3-peat Lakers. The Heat would have to be on fire from 3-point land to stand any chance in the series.
    Yeah. And the Lakers were one of the best defenders at the 3pt line in the playoffs. Keeping teams at 27.1% The Heat were also one of the best at shooting the 3s tho in their playoffs.