Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: ROFL , how did no one sign K-Mart?

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I'm sure the Heat regret not signing him seeing as they're the #1 seed on a 25 game win streak with fantastic chemistry. Totally mad, they're like every Kobe fan on this forum mad.
    believe it or not, and I'm amazed it myself......... Anderson is a better fit for the Heat right now.

Just another example of the Pat Riley genius at work

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Please, quote a source? He got a bad rap because of the incident with the Mav's owner and teams are apprehensive about that. but I never heard what you said. He plays harder than anybody, like Garnett, and was never a social person since college. Always minded his business.
    Seriously, did you just start following basketball? It's well documented how much of a jerk he was all the way back to New Jersey. From what went down w/Zo to him calling KVH out for not playing well in the finals. The funny thing is Martin out of nowhere had a great series so he felt compelled to call out KVH publicly after the games. The following year Martin was MIA in the finals and was asked by a reporter if he felt that his teammates should be calling him out for having a bad performance. His response was something to the effect of "get out of my face". Real class act. His problems in Denver were well documented and his rep as a locker room cancer in LA was well documented. Wake up. This dude has the rep for being some kind of badass but for as strong and athletic as he is this supposed "defensive beast" has only once ever averaged 10 boards a game. Just once. It's comical. He puffs his chest out and runs his mouth but he just was never that good and is a total headache to have around. He's playing great now but stick around, he'll fall off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Thunder could have really used him, Knicks did a good job picking him up at worst the guy is 6 fouls and a enforcer but hes showing a bit more than that atm.
    Why did they let him go? Really stupid. Also, kind of the opposite of an enforcer....

1)Either you can play or you can't, old or young is not the factor. Plus everybody is in the process of proving themselves. Sheed was nowhere near Martain's playing shape.

2)I want to see one credible source that says he has a horrible attitude. Just one. He went at an owner who was wrong, but that was personal. Too many people take things from non sources and run with it. He's always played with a chip on his shoulder which is part of an attitude but this "horrible" and "destroyer of team chemistry" is posters just getting carried away. Please quote a source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdM5pWJgg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgxlPfSr-0

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...acter-concerns

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...martin-is.html

Need more links?
    Last edited by Blingster; 03-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.

NBA lottery pick

This means nothing.

Hell, KG called Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient. Last time I checked, people seem to think KG is a stand up guy in the locker room, etc.

Basically, K-Mart has had some public incidents that have gotten over-blown. The guy is a baller. He has heart. Does he express himself in a manner not pleasing to the PG crowd? Sure. However, let's not act like other ballers in the NBA don't do the same, but do it in a less public manner.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Seriously, did you just start following basketball? It's well documented how much of a jerk he was all the way back to New Jersey. From what went down w/Zo to him calling KVH out for not playing well in the finals. The funny thing is Martin out of nowhere had a great series so he felt compelled to call out KVH publicly after the games. The following year Martin was MIA in the finals and was asked by a reporter if he felt that his teammates should be calling him out for having a bad performance. His response was something to the effect of "get out of my face". Real class act. His problems in Denver were well documented and his rep as a locker room cancer in LA was well documented. Wake up. This dude has the rep for being some kind of badass but for as strong and athletic as he is this supposed "defensive beast" has only once ever averaged 10 boards a game. Just once. It's comical. He puffs his chest out and runs his mouth but he just was never that good and is a total headache to have around. He's playing great now but stick around, he'll fall off soon.
    Following basketball and reading the obscure files of Kieth Van Horne are not equivalents, Newb. Seriously, you are basing this on KVH, who had serious motivation issues. He vastly underachieved because he flat out didn't try hard. Kenyon Martin had a speech impediment and didn't like to talk to the media, so was he calling you on your cell?

You brought out individual accounts but I want to hear the team thing. Somebody had to get on KVH because they were contending and he was the money man, the unfortunate big investment and wasn't trying hard. That was a bad example to use. You have another one?

Winning>Stats

These Knicks fans going on like they've picked prime Tim Duncan off waivers.

No other team but a contender or pseudo contender like the Knicks want this guy. Below .500 teams don't want to pay money for an old man who has a history of being a nuisance. Instead of paying an old man and giving him minutes you could just give your young player the minutes to develop him. And the only contender who wanted him was Knicks. Miami and Boston were the other options but Miami did well with Birdman and Boston wanted someone bigger.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Following basketball and reading the obscure files of Kieth Van Horne are not equivalents, Newb. Seriously, you are basing this on KVH, who had serious motivation issues. He vastly underachieved because he flat out didn't try hard. Kenyon Martin had a speech impediment and didn't like to talk to the media, so was he calling you on your cell?

You brought out individual accounts but I want to hear the team thing. Somebody had to get on KVH because they were contending and he was the money man, the unfortunate big investment and wasn't trying hard. That was a bad example to use. You have another one?
    He made fun of Zo's kidney disease when they were on the Nets, which is no doubt the reason he's not on the Heat. Too bad bc he would have been an upgrade. But it does seem like he burned bridges..

PER 18.1 as a knick, all the rest... do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    If the "reports" are to be believed he wasn't willing to take the minimum until it was his only option. Then he realized shit, I've not taken care of my #1 overall pick money, I need a job, gimme an offer please. Good on the Knicks for being the first/most appetizing for him.

Not that it matters. Not like Kenyon Martin's going to make a lick of difference come playoffs.

Without K-Mart the Clips don't make it to the 2nd round last season.
    Last edited by iDunk; 03-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.

His attitude has always been questionable at best, plus he has knee issues. Being 35 with both of those hanging over you is enough to turn off teams. But he's been a good fit for the Knicks so far. You can question a lot of things about K-Mart, but no one has ever questioned his hustle on the court.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk

Without K-Mart the Clips don't make it to the 2nd round last season.
    Without Reggie Evans imo he was the 2nd biggest factor in that series, did Kmart help sure but what Reggie did was just crazy how he turned that whole series around.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Who the fhck actually says rofl?

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    people seem to think KG is a stand up guy in the locker room, etc.
    lolno