Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Lebron went from the undisputed number 1 in the league, possible legitimate GOAT

to top 5 player.

Default Re: Lebron went from the undisputed number 1 in the league, possible legitimate GOAT

And ?

Noone stays #1 forever.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron went from the undisputed number 1 in the league, possible legitimate GOAT

Top 5 all time sure.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Top 5 is a bad thing now? Wish my team had a top 5 player

Decent college freshman

He has been the best player for 6 consecutive seasons and top 2 for the 3 seasons prior. His official rank for the 2014-15 season will come after the regular season and playoffs are complete, not after 30 games.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    He has been the best player for 6 consecutive seasons and top 2 for the 3 seasons prior. His official rank for the 2014-15 season will come after the regular season and playoffs are complete, not after 30 games.
    Lmao, no he hasn't. He's only been the clear-cut best in 2012 and 2013. Durant was easily the best in 2014. In 2011, factoring in regular season and playoffs (especially in light of egg he laid in the Finals), he wasn't even the best player on his team. Wade was flat-out better than him.

Kobe gets the nod in 2010, considering LeBron laid another egg against the Celtics that postseason. And it was a toss-up between him and Wade in 2009-- I'll give it to James for his team record and playoff run, but it should be said, none of the Heat starters besides Wade would have started for the Cavs that year and some of them wouldn't have cracked Cleveland's rotation.

So there's the last six years. Top 2, the three years before? Debatable. Chris Paul deserves consideration in 2008 along with James and Bryant, especially since James choked against the Celtics yet again that year. In 2007, pre-injury Wade was without a doubt the best player in the league. He was at 29/5/8 through 50 games, basically identical to his 2009 stats, compared to LeBron's 26/6/6. But, Wade did get hurt, so calling James top 2 along with Bryant is probably fair. And you think he was definitively top 2 in 2006? Are you serious? When Wade did what he did that year and Kobe dropped 35/5/5 and put up 81? Please.

GTFO with that stan propaganda.
    Last edited by jrong; 12-29-2014 at 12:32 PM.

LeBron just caped off a 6-year run of being the league's best player... (only Kareem/Jordan have longer ones)

I'm fine with it being over.. had to happen at one point.

He has been the best player in basketball for the last 6 seasons straight... It isn't a big deal. At the moment there really isn't a clear cut best player, but as far as wanting one player, for one game if it came down to it... I'm sure most would pick Bron, so I guess that still makes him the best even now.

I don't think people realize he is putting up 25/8 at a 50% clip on a winning team, and people consider it a bad season. If Mike put that up after his first retirement, people would have considered it a good season, just to put things into perspective. I guess people are just accustomed to the greatness he produces on the court, or at least used to not even a season ago.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He has been the best player in basketball for the last 6 seasons straight... It isn't a big deal. At the moment there really isn't a clear cut best player, but as far as wanting one player, for one game if it came down to it... I'm sure most would pick Bron, so I guess that still makes him the best even now.

I don't think people realize he is putting up 25/8 at a 50% clip on a winning team, and people consider it a bad season. If Mike put that up after his first retirement, people would have considered it a good season, just to put things into perspective. I guess people are just accustomed to the greatness he produces on the court, or at least used to not even a season ago.
    Lebron is not even 30 and we comparing him to post retirement MJ already

dude gonna be shining his bald head square on the bench by the time he's 36

that's what happens when your game is predicated on athleticism and never develop repertoir of iso moves

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Wait.. Are Bron stans actually saying he was the best in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

He was. A major f*ck up over 5 games doesn't change that.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Even worse , they're trying to pretend he was the best during Kobe's amazing run.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

It does if it's not true. Wade was better in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Lebron is not even 30 and we comparing him to post retirement MJ already

dude gonna be shining his bald head square on the bench by the time he's 36

that's what happens when your game is predicated on athleticism and never develop repertoir of iso moves
    Bron is 30, Jordan was 31 when he came back... What is the problem?

Don't Kobe fans love comparing seasons and the amount of stress on their bodies as well?
    Well Bron sure has a lot more of that at the same age.

This to consider... not just is it 6 years straight, but right now, KD's injury is putting this question on hold...

He could still make this his year. Who really has seperated himself from the pack? Is James Harden a better player than LeBron James?

LeBron is on the verge of being #1 in scoring and #5 in assists... while shooting 50%.

His peak is so much better than anyone else's, that talking about "decline" is true, but irrelevant in contrast to the current league, because as we can see, he's still there with anyone else... I mean, #2 in scoring and #6 in assists... No one has a clear argument right now.

Gotta agree here too... He was the best 2 years prior and 3 years afterwards, does anyone really think he suddenly lost his ability and became a worse player? He ****ed up... choked badly.. but its more so the situation changing.

I dont have a problem with someone else that year, though... open between LBJ/Dirk, or even Wade/Dwight.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 12-29-2014 at 12:46 PM.