Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Amare out six weeks with knee procedure

Knicks needs to hire the Suns Medical Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    McDyess was as athletic, far better on defense, and maybe 2/3rds of Amar'e level on offense.

He could've easily been the better player if they both had full careers.

Add in that McDyess came back from terrible injury and reinvented himself as exactly the type of rolel player that teams need. Did the dirty work, rebounded, defended.

But Amare used to be ale to jump really high and dunk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    With his micro surgery in 2006, it's a miracle he got that max contract in 2010 with the Knicks.

Whoever negotiated Amar'e's contract deserved major props.

He's getting superstar money while being cared for by his employers. He's living the life.
    This.

Knicks fans will cry that it's bad luck, but it isn't.

It's a bad management that spent good money on a guy tht was a bad risk, both physically and mentally.

It's a tip: when a player with his resume' leaves a team destined for mediocrity (PHX) and nobody in the organization is upset about it, that's not a great guy to have around.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

If he's back in time to play a minor role in the playoffs they'll be alright.

I think K-Mart is a fantastic compliment to Melo, if he can indeed be K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    If he's back in time to play a minor role in the playoffs they'll be alright.

I think K-Mart is a fantastic compliment to Melo, if he can indeed be K-Mart.
    Depending on their matchups though they may actually have needed him to play a major role.

I think he's going to come back for the first round, but try to go all out...screw a minutes limit trying to preserve him (just enough to not make him hurt), because what are you preserving him for? Let him have his 5th and 6th major surgeries in the offseason if needed.

I'd prefer him needing nothing more than to get into game shape, than to have him in and out of effectiveness like Wade last year who needed the same thing.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 03-10-2013 at 01:55 PM.