Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Andrew Bynum pissed about All-Star results, says Stoudemire is not even a center

The kid really needs to grow up and stop worry about this kind of stuff.

Default Re: Andrew Bynum pissed about All-Star results, says Stoudemire is not even a center

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    It ought to be Point Guards, Wings, Bigs. Get rid of this center stuff.
    I see what you are saying, but I don't think it should happen.

The NBA should give players a position at the start of the season. Get a team of ppl to do it. They will be known as this position fo the entire season - so for all references on broadcasting and Allstar voting there will be a position for that player.
    Rookies can be judged on their college or overseas career.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    The modern game has developed to where there not as much distinction between the two positions.
    You could argue just the opposite, with all the shooting PFs there are in the league. Aldridge, Rashard Lewis, Dirk, Beasley, Villanueva, Gallinari, Jeff Green, Lamar Odom... none of these players are interchangeable with centers. There just aren't as many marquee Centers so it seems they're all the same, but they're not.

Maybe NBA was pissing back at Bynum for having too much fun with the Playboy bunnies. Anther NBA fix scandal!

I actually like to delay Bynum into the All-Star as long as possible to make him work harder every year. Yes, Bynum should STFUAPB.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 12-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease purple8gold's Avatar

Bynum doesn't get it. Bynum, shut your mouth and play basketball. Let your basketball do the talking. If you're good, people will start noticing and they will vote for you. Sheesh.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    You could argue just the opposite, with all the shooting PFs there are in the league. Aldridge, Rashard Lewis, Dirk, Beasley, Villanueva, Gallinari, Jeff Green, Lamar Odom... none of these players are interchangeable with centers. There just aren't as many marquee Centers so it seems they're all the same, but they're not.
    A number of those players could play the 3 as well and have in prior seasons. Nowaways the word 'natural' is used much more frequently than it used to be in talking about a player's position. More tweeners between positions, including the 2/3. It's part of a transitional phase. Just as in the 1960's there was no real difference between either guard position.

Root Of All Evil

I think the ASG selection process is retarded. Everything from the fan voting in starters, to the fact that they don't ask the five best players from a conference, they define it by position and even then there is contradictions ... is Tim Duncan a C or PF, is Amare Stoudemire a C or PF, etc. There is loop holes.

This all Bynum should have said

Last edited by Celts34; 12-11-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Thats pretty much all it sums up to in the end.
    stop whining then. your name implies sarcasm, use some of it.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Bynum should talk comfort in the fact that the Allstar game is the highpoint in Amare's season. Bynum's got more important things to achieve

What sucks is that some teams actually put contract bonuses that are dependant upon making All-Star games.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    stop whining then. your name implies sarcasm, use some of it.

How was I whining anywhere in this thread? You on your period or something?

sorry dude, my mistake, i'm out of it today...

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    Why is he concerned about the AllStar game. He has an opportunity to become a starting center on a dynasty team and actually prove himself this postseason. Shows some immaturity, that he's caught up in All Star affairs. Let Amare play Bynum, he won't be playing in June.

I hope Phil/Kobe/Fisher tell him to shut up and remember that he has bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    sorry dude, my mistake, i'm out of it today...

No worries.