Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations here

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    San Antonio - When they move the ball like they did in the first half, nobody is stopping this team, the problem is they go on stretches when the offense doesn't look as fluid. Leonard was today's best player, dude showed his potential. Still don't know why Bonner was in the game for 10 minutes, I was scratching my head when I saw him on the court.

Miami - Chalmers looks awful right now, he needs to step it up, his confidence is shaken. LeBron had a good game, but you can tell he was bothered by how well Leonard was playing tonight.
    Oh God, no. His offensive numbers were good enough for a "good game." But if we can see how many points were scored on him, we'd see how bad of a game he actually had. Only thing we can look at are his turnovers. For his 22 points, he must have given up twice as much to Leonard and Green.

Wade was the only Heat who really showed up tonight.

That said, I won't be surprise if LeBron have an epic Game 4. He seems to always bounce back after a bad game the last couple of seasons.

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

Great game by the Spurs, I think each team will now hold serve at home till game 7.

Then all bets are off!

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

Splitter is a very good contributor off the bench.

self-proclaimed Mamba

Default Re: Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations here

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You can't have an All-Star at every position.

Are you forgetting Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers?

6 points 5 tov's in the 2nd half by LeBron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Spurs bench > their starting unit

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

My observations Heat came out not with championship Defense and Spurs jumped on them. The refs gave the Spurs some soft calls to get easy Ft's get Kawi off to great start. Chalmers has been Awful and Bosh was not much of a factor. Lebron played passive and sloppy. All in all Spurs deserved to win.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

I've been braggin pretty hard on Leonard here on Ish these past couple weeks and catching a lot of ...... eh hmm..... heat for it. That young dude really showed up.
    Once again that old man Fresco with a prediction~~ we're going to see a lot of great things from that player in the future

Bonner was a severe disruption in the key at times. Didn't realize he was that physically strong. He didn't have impact on the stat sheet but he was weirding out the Heat's offense somehow. He looks like some kind of goofball but it's a real effective off-ball goofball style.

Anybody's going to win when you're shelling the hoop from anywhere on the court like that but the Spurs defense was the real thing and that's what the difference was to me

I'd like to watch a rewind of that game.

Book 'em Dan'l

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    San Antonio - When they move the ball like they did in the first half, nobody is stopping this team, the problem is they go on stretches when the offense doesn't look as fluid. Leonard was today's best player, dude showed his potential. Still don't know why Bonner was in the game for 10 minutes, I was scratching my head when I saw him on the court.

Miami - Chalmers looks awful right now, he needs to step it up, his confidence is shaken. LeBron had a good game, but you can tell he was bothered by how well Leonard was playing tonight.
    Not too pleased with Bonner's game, but he gives the Spurs excellent spacing on the floor when they are on offense. Keeps the Heat defense honest on him, because they know he is a pretty good 3 point shooter. he's ok on defense.

Book 'em Dan'l

as for the Heat side, Rashard Lewis is scaring me. If he continues to knock down those corner 3's, this may force the Spurs to make some adjustments.

NBA sixth man of the year

Copied from the other thread......

I dunno, to me it shows me he(Lebron) doesn't have the offensive arsenal of other greats...Like, he doesn't have one move to go to where he feels like, "ok, I know I can score on this move every time". When he gets the ball, half the he passes it and hopes to get it back and catch his man with a quick first steps...He just doesn't have the type of handles and 1 on 1 game that an MJ or a Kobe has. Its like when he dominates, he's kind of doing in the flow of the game still...He's not exactly DOMINATING like when you saw MJ score 63 or even Kobe's huge outbursts.......I dunno, he's a team first player too....

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Boris "I clamp on Lebron" Diaw is Spurs MVP.
    I thought Leonard has been doing a much better job on clamping down on LeBron than Diaw did this series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Copied from the other thread......

I dunno, to me it shows me he(Lebron) doesn't have the offensive arsenal of other greats...Like, he doesn't have one move to go to where he feels like, "ok, I know I can score on this move every time". When he gets the ball, half the he passes it and hopes to get it back and catch his man with a quick first steps...He just doesn't have the type of handles and 1 on 1 game that an MJ or a Kobe has. Its like when he dominates, he's kind of doing in the flow of the game still...He's not exactly DOMINATING like when you saw MJ score 63 or even Kobe's huge outbursts.......I dunno, he's a team first player too....
    Hes a flow of the game player.. a few stats here, a few stats there.

Basketball Genius

glad to see that the forum didn't crash for once great job by jeff

also great win for the spurs

The Spurs would've been up 3-0 if Leonard didn't get called for ticky-tacky fouls in Game 2.