Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Woj: HOU trade Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton to DET for Joel Anthony...

Stan the Man.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Woj: HOU trade Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton to DET for Joel Anthony...

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    hows it bad when they got a team built for the playoffs the next couple years
    Their 14th in the standings right now. If DMo remains hurt hurt and their lack of a backup PG hurts them enough, they could struggle.

I don't think Detroit's 1st will be higher than like 16th this season. Trading a banged up DMo just months from RFA for a late lotto/mid 1st is a good trade imo.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    hows it bad when they got a team built for the playoffs the next couple years
    They're no cinch for the playoffs. It's a flawed team. Weak at the 1, poor shooting, poor defense.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    They're no cinch for the playoffs. It's a flawed team. Weak at the 1, poor shooting, poor defense.

They have a long way to go, but they're on the right track ever since SVG took over. Also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 7th-8th seed w/ Al Jefferson at Mars right now, Kemba & Batum can't hold that spot forever. CHA's likely to miss this season, I think. I would be excited if I were a Piston fan, they'll be battle tested in the playoffs while I do agree their shooting needs to improve.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

this move definitely improves their shooting. and if meeks gets healthy this season, theyll have some decent shooters, albeit tiny, in their backcourt.

I think tobias will be very beneficial to this team too. lots of versatility that ersan couldnt provide, and even more importantly, consistency. In my opinion, theyre making the playoffs.

there were rumors they wanted augustine back. but with the deadline in two hours, thats not too likely. Still, if i were SVG, id call MEM to gauge what they would want for chalmers.

SVG !

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    this move definitely improves their shooting. and if meeks gets healthy this season, theyll have some decent shooters, albeit tiny, in their backcourt.

I think tobias will be very beneficial to this team too. lots of versatility that ersan couldnt provide, and even more importantly, consistency. In my opinion, theyre making the playoffs.

there were rumors they wanted augustine back. but with the deadline in two hours, thats not too likely. Still, if i were SVG, id call MEM to gauge what they would want for chalmers.
    I think they're looking at Foye, too, but OKC maybe beat them to the punch.

I think they're losing that pick this year and it's going to likely fall in the 13-16 range. That means Houston gave up D-Mo for a shot at Korkmaz/Luwawu/Valentine. I like that trade for them, especially if they didn't want to sign Donuts this summer. I like it even more if the Rox miss the playoffs and keep their own pick.

Decent college freshman

if dmo can stay healthy this is robery, hes great shooter, amazing post game, good and most important willing passer, he actually very good help defender, awful rebounder and i mean it AWFUL

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

SVG is committing high way robbery!

Banned

If Morey doesn't redeem himself in the next 90 minutes I'm gonna end myself

SVG prepping up for a deep run in the east

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    If Morey doesn't redeem himself in the next 90 minutes I'm gonna end myself
    RIP

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Morey is blowing it up, SVG with an awesome trade! I remember Dmo being on fire for a good period of games, great offensive weapon.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

SVG is doing a great job

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Joel Anthony is still in the league? Who knew?

Sounds like Houston is blowing it up. They traded depth for basically cap relief and a protected pick.
    yeah, its not a real protection (top 8). The pistons would have to lose every single remaining game to fall that low this year (hyperbole, but you get the point).