Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ricky Rubio with the bucks. better or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Bricky Scrubio and Giannis Antetokounmpo in the same lineup..........

Every single team will leave both of them wide open and unguarded in the half court.

You might be talking the two worst shooters in the NBA at their positions.
    Giannis is better than Spanoulis ever was, and so is Rubio. It's not even remotely close. Literally every single team in the league would rather have Giannis or Rubio over that no defense inefficient chucking fat ass Spanoulis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    mcw over rubio all day every day. A pg without the ability to score is a huge problem. MCW is actually on ok pg with solid scoring. Rubio can pass and thats it.

mcw over rubio all day every day. A pg without the ability to score is a huge problem. MCW is actually on ok pg with solid scoring. Rubio can pass and thats it.
    You don't watch either of them enough in order to come to this opinion. MCW had a career night vs the Knicks. That's not his normal self. Rubio dropped 28/14 on the Lakers and that isn't normal for him either. Rubio is worlds better in terms of game management passing, on ball defending and off ball defending(Rubio has a better wingspan than MCW). All MCW has is a slight advantage at getting to the rim and finishing(not sure about this one; would have to double check stats).

The only thing MCW has is upside (and it's not because of age because he's only a year younger). He has better upside because unlike Rubio he hasn't shown that the development of his game has stagnated. I understand that Rubio got injured and that took its toll but he hasn't evolved his game much since he was 17.
    Last edited by FKAri; 02-21-2016 at 10:05 PM.

An example of someone completely ignorant of basketball ^^^^^

Rubio is the worst shooting PG ever. You almost have to do a double take to make sure that his career FG% of .365 is not a typo. I remember the 1st game of the season, when he played my Lakers and scored like 30 points and just dominated and the play by play guys were saying he's been working on his jumper all offseason long. The fact is some guys just can't shoot, no matter how much you practice. He's one of them. And when your PG can't shoot a lick, that's a serious negative for your team. He's just someone I wouldn't want on my team if I was serious about winning a title. He's got some great pieces to work with. Athletic wings and p&r bigs. If he was that important, he should be winning more.

So many good pieces that they pretty much don't win at all without him, this year and last.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Giannis is better than Spanoulis ever was, and so is Rubio. It's not even remotely close. Literally every single team in the league would rather have Giannis or Rubio over that no defense inefficient chucking fat ass Spanoulis.
    You are a psychotic lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    So many good pieces that they pretty much don't win at all without him, this year and last.
    And they never won with him - EVER.

Banned

You are a psychotic lunatic.

Rubio > Spanoulis

deal with it

10 ppg 8.3 apg on 36% FG and 30% 3pt is better than 2.7 ppg 0.9 apg on 31% FG and 17% 3PT

deal with it

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Rubio is the worst shooting PG ever. You almost have to do a double take to make sure that his career FG% of .365 is not a typo. I remember the 1st game of the season, when he played my Lakers and scored like 30 points and just dominated and the play by play guys were saying he's been working on his jumper all offseason long. The fact is some guys just can't shoot, no matter how much you practice. He's one of them. And when your PG can't shoot a lick, that's a serious negative for your team. He's just someone I wouldn't want on my team if I was serious about winning a title. He's got some great pieces to work with. Athletic wings and p&r bigs. If he was that important, he should be winning more.
    No, that would be Spanoulis.

And they never won with him - EVER.
    You mean like tonight?

Giannis is honestly enough of a point guard for us. Every single time we run the offense through him as a point forward, as the primary playmaker/ballhandler our offense looks smooth. Jabari and Middleton are going to be high usage creators as well down the road. All we need at PG is a 3&D guy who can bring the ball and initiate offense when required, but for the most part focuses on spacing the floor, defending like crazy, making hustle plays, and moving the ball. A guy like Delly would be PERFECT here.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Rubio is only useful for marketing purposes

He entered the league during a weird time where the position was shifting towards a higher focus on scoring and floor spreading versus ball control and high assist totals (Real assists, not CP3/Rondo/Stockton assists) and his lack of a shot has completely handcuffed his ability to adapt to the changes.

Not to mention injury problems have interfered with his training and progression, it is pretty obvious that he would be in a better position now if he never banged knees with Kobe.