Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: History tells us "don't expect the Warriors to win the NBA Finals"

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Teams that play defense like the Warriors and at least have a good offense usually win the title. In the Warriors case, they just happen to have THE best offense too.

I don't think people understand how great their defense is. It's not just good, it's literally one of the best defenses in recent memory.

#1 in defensive rating (easily)
    #1 in OPP FG%
    #1 in blocks
    #3 in steals

Also, they have outscored opponents by +15.3 points at home, largest home point differential since the 96 Bulls (+17.1).

Good luck beating these guys 4 times out of 7.
    This.

I don't think people realize just how big of favorites the Warriors are at this point to win the title.

Anything can happen of course, but they are absolutely huge favorites to win the West and destroy the East in the finals.

Now, if they had to beat a healthy Thunder and Spurs team...then they wouldn't be such massive favorites because those teams could really give them a run for their money if they were right...

But that doesn't look likely at this point. The Thunder won't be right...and while the Spurs are looking great, the Warriors would still be massive favorites with home court.

Boiled down:

Bet a good amount right now and during the playoffs on the Warriors to win it all. Not the lock of the century, but the odds are damn good for a team this good. The Cavs make it a really good bet actually...those Cavs are getting a bit too much credit from the odds makers in my opinion.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Default Re: History tells us "don't expect the Warriors to win the NBA Finals"

Yeah and history also told us a bbish as.s. fundamentally-flawed mental midget punk like Lebron could never win a championship but he colluded and conspired to prove otherwise.