Default Lavine In The Starting Lineup = One Of The Best Offenses In The League

In the 59th game of last season, Zach LaVine started at SG and continued to do so the rest of the way. As a team, our offensive rating was 12th best in the NBA between game 59 and game 82, so that matches up quite well with the prediction you posted. HOWEVER, that was our total team rating, bench included.

If you isolate 5-man units for the season, here is a tantalizing comparison:

Westbrook-Durant-Roberson-Adams-Ibaka
    Minutes played together = 816
    Offensive Rating = 113.3

Curry-Thompson-Barnes-Green-Bogut
    Minutes played together = 552
    Offensive rating = 109.2

Rubio-LaVine-Wiggins-Gorgui-KAT
    Minutes played together = 648
    Offensive rating = 113.5

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lavine In The Starting Lineup = One Of The Best Offenses In The League

More proof Wiggins is overrated.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Default Re: Lavine In The Starting Lineup = One Of The Best Offenses In The League

There is just something missing about Lavine's game. And I think it is because of his lack of knowledge (IQ) on the court. He is still young (basically 22)... so there is still time for him to figure it out.

But he reminds me of some other famous tweener dunkers in the past.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    More proof Wiggins is overrated.
    ...Wiggins was part of that group.

Dude is one of the best catch and shoot players in the league. Whenever he is on the court, he shouldn't be the one bringing it up.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

He's smooth as f*ck, that's all I'll say.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Future GOAT reminds me of a young T-Mac

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    There is just something missing about Lavine's game. And I think it is because of his lack of knowledge (IQ) on the court. He is still young (basically 22)... so there is still time for him to figure it out.

But he reminds me of some other famous tweener dunkers in the past.....
    He is actually 21 years old (turning 22 next year).

KAT is boss.

as long as he doesn't bring the ball up, they're good. he's turnover prone

Them actually deciding to play Gorgui next to KAT around the same time was a huge help as well. I'm not quite sold on LaVine but Minny's got some great young talent out there.

The amount of synergy in that Wolves lineup is insane. Rudio needs as many shooters around him as possible. Wiggins and Lavine need someone to get them shots. KAT is an absolute stud all around. They have a great amount of athleticism and size in that lineup. All they really need is time to grow and coalesce with each other and they could be a great squad. Rubio is already a fantastic defender and Wiggins and KAT have very high levels of defensive potential. Dunn as the stud 6th man? I'm sold. Lavine i'll have to handle the ball even less with Dun. On the floor. Lavine has Ray Allen skill level potentially (although Ray was one of the hardest working and focused players in the game).

Highest potential young squad in the league.....over the Lakers, Wizards, and even 6ers