Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Guess I spoke too soon about Florida/Missouri. Missouri came back to get a 3 point win.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Guess I spoke too soon about Florida/Missouri. Missouri came back to get a 3 point win.
    I was just about to watch it....****....why did I click on this thread lol

2014 recruit Josh Level collapsed and died on the court tonight.

Miami received the NOA. NCAA making a move before their basketball season completes?

Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.
    You said number 2 then 3-5. Quite a difference. I could see them being ranked top 5, but not sure if they are one of the 5 best teams. It's easy to say, "Wait til the year is over" because odds are they won't go deep in the tourney (as it is for any team, so much can happen.)

I just mean the ACC is absolute shit so they are profiting from being in a bad conference. If Duke wasn't so highly rated... possibly overrated... then Miami wouldn't be so highly ranked, I believe.

It's interesting how the rankings work. Shit is set going into a season. You've got Kentucky at 3 and OSU at 4. Even Lou at 2 (but they're still a really good team.) Then Duke beats them and it's like OGOD. But really, those teams weren't as good as their ranking. So, their overrated ranking gets transferred to Duke, then it gets transferred to Miami because Miami shit all over Duke.

That was more of my commentary. It's not exactly based on Miami, but I do feel they aren't the 2nd best team. Maybe not even the 5th.

But hey, if they are good for them. It's nice to see someone coming out of the ACC that's not UNC or Duke.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    You said number 2 then 3-5. Quite a difference. I could see them being ranked top 5, but not sure if they are one of the 5 best teams. It's easy to say, "Wait til the year is over" because odds are they won't go deep in the tourney (as it is for any team, so much can happen.)

I just mean the ACC is absolute shit so they are profiting from being in a bad conference. If Duke wasn't so highly rated... possibly overrated... then Miami wouldn't be so highly ranked, I believe.

It's interesting how the rankings work. Shit is set going into a season. You've got Kentucky at 3 and OSU at 4. Even Lou at 2 (but they're still a really good team.) Then Duke beats them and it's like OGOD. But really, those teams weren't as good as their ranking. So, their overrated ranking gets transferred to Duke, then it gets transferred to Miami because Miami shit all over Duke.

That was more of my commentary. It's not exactly based on Miami, but I do feel they aren't the 2nd best team. Maybe not even the 5th.

But hey, if they are good for them. It's nice to see someone coming out of the ACC that's not UNC or Duke.

-Smak
    There's not a difference between #2 and top 3-5 this year. It's that wide-open. If you don't believe Miami is just as good as the other 10-12 teams that could be considered one of the 5 best in the country, I don't know what to tell you. They're a complete and balanced team with a lot of older experienced players. They have something like 4 or 5 players that are 23 or older. That could be an advantage come tourney time. And you may think the ACC is shit, and that's fine, but they're 13-0 in ACC play and that includes an absolute drubbing of Duke.

In shabazz we trust

   

what can i say? it amused me:

I thought Miami would eventually lose an ACC game, I just thought it'd be at Duke...not at Wake Forest. On another note, a bad Wake Forest team now has home wins over Miami and NC State this year.

Why is Indiana St. vs Iona a bracket buster game? Neither team is close to making the tourney.

Banned

There's not a difference between #2 and top 3-5 this year. It's that wide-open. If you don't believe Miami is just as good as the other 10-12 teams that could be considered one of the 5 best in the country, I don't know what to tell you. They're a complete and balanced team with a lot of older experienced players. They have something like 4 or 5 players that are 23 or older. That could be an advantage come tourney time. And you may think the ACC is shit, and that's fine, but they're 13-0 in ACC play and that includes an absolute drubbing of Duke.
    Thanks for the kiss of death

Brilliant move, Roy. State goes 15-4 run to take a 1 point lead and he counters by putting in Luke Davis, Marcus Pagie, J.P. Tokoto, Desmond Hubert, and Jackson Simmons. Two freshmen, one sophomores, and essentially 2 walk-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    Thanks for the kiss of death
    Meh...they were due a loss. I still like them and think they're a dangerous team in the tournament. Now if Miami drops something like 3 o 4 to close the regular season, I'll take it back.

Anyway, back to UNC. I guess that awful line change, where Roy put in basically the 4 worst rotation players and Marcus Paige and NC State hit back-to-back threes to cap a 21-7 run and take a 4 point lead, worked. He put the starters right back in, and they closed the game on a 24-7 run for a 15 point win. Toughest ACC schedule (gotta love the unbalanced conference schedules, right?) and sitting all alone in third place at 9-5.

I'm not counting those last 4 points State's starters scored on UNC's walk-ons. Real classy move by Gottfried, though, to press our walk-ons with his starters.
    Last edited by KG215; 02-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Brilliant move, Roy. State goes 15-4 run to take a 1 point lead and he counters by putting in Luke Davis, Marcus Pagie, J.P. Tokoto, Desmond Hubert, and Jackson Simmons. Two freshmen, one sophomores, and essentially 2 walk-ons.
    Ironically that's what won us the game. I'm almost positive he did that because the starters were pissing him off so much on the blown defensive assignments (and mental mistakes on offense, ie rushed shots), but it led to the starters being well rested down the stretch of the game while State was running on fumes

Or perhaps Roy is a genius and did it on purpose with that intention. I don't give a shit. It worked.

I love this team. Those guys wanted it so bad from the opening tip. Even cool mannered Paige screamed at the top of his lungs after an and 1 in the second half. Everyone diving on the floor, pushing the pace, matching shot for shot. The energy in the game was insane. Felt like a battle where State was trying to overtake our place (not that a win would have done that) on top of the State and Roy and his team said **** no. The crowd was like a summer pro-am game.

This UNC team since PJ was inserted in the starting lineup is Sweet 16 good, with upset potential. Not saying they get that far... Roy still needs to figure out the rotations better (I think the 4 guard lineup has a bad net efficiency), the team needs to get used to defending and rebounding with one less big, etc... But this team is starting to peak at the perfect time.

Which for all the shit Roy gets, his teams almost always peak at the right time. Something that can't be said for all the other top tier coaches.

Oh yeah, go to hell State.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 02-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.

How about Kendall Williams for New Mexico dropping 46? Went 10/13 from three. Shot better from three than he did from the FT line (12/17).

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330540036

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I'm not sold on Miami.
    sup