Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

I'm liking Jalen Rose being on GameDay

I missed it...

I don't like Jalen as an NBA analyst because he sounds like he shouldn't be speaking to a national audience. But he is decently knowledgeable about the sport and he hates Duke so I'll have to catch him next time.

The KU/Michigan State game was a good one. Had a tournament feel to it, except with the ugliness and rust of an early season game. Still, it was competitive throughout and came down to the final possession.

Now for Kentucky and Duke. Can't remember the last time I've watched a game where I hated both teams this much. With that said, and this will be the last time I say this unless these two teams play again in the tournament...go Kentucky.
    Last edited by KG215; 11-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Alex Poythress is s friggin' stud.

Book 'em Dan'l

This is going to be my first time watching Nerlens Noel in live action.

Goodwin and Noel have had their moments, but Poythress has impressed me the most out of the Kentucky freshmen.

Good showing by Kentucky in my opinion. You've got an experienced senior laden Duke team against a young and inexperienced Kentucky team. This is one o those games where I'd pick Duke to win tonight but Kentucky to win in March.

lol that Cal quote. Not his biggest fan, but that was priceless.

Noel looks like Ibaka. An athletic frame rather than built and strong, faces up more than posts, more of a PF than C... Good instincts, but he's bit on most of the ball fakes in this game.

I don't think he's all that good at all. Didn't think so in high school either.

I thought Poythress was the most impressive Kentucky freshman in the high school all star circuit and I stand by that. Kid's going to be a monster once he improves his ball skills and asserts himself more on offense. He got 20 points today almost entirely on his athleticism and motor.

Mason Plumlee finally looks like the guy I've been hearing about the last 3 years; when he was on the court, he was completely outmuscling and dominating Noel in the paint. Seth Curry looked like his brother on the court today.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Sienna and Northern may shock you guys.
    Meh, not really worried about either. NKU is making their debut season while Sienna is way too young.

UCLA sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I thought Poythress was the most impressive Kentucky freshman in the high school all star circuit and I stand by that. Kid's going to be a monster once he improves his ball skills and asserts himself more on offense. He got 20 points today almost entirely on his athleticism and motor.
    This. Felt like the Kentucky offense ran through Goodwin and Noel all night (mainly because it did) and Poythress still had 20 points. Haven't seen enough of him, yet, to make an NBA comparison, but he is man-child. Didn't really see enouh tonight, either, to give me an idea of how solid his handle is on dribble penetration, but with his size, strength, and freakish athleticism he is going to be a force. I thought Poythress was the most talented player on the floor. Maybe not the best (although that's very debatable) but definitely most talented.

Mason Plumlee finally looks like the guy I've been hearing about the last 3 years; when he was on the court, he was completely outmuscling and dominating Noel in the paint. Seth Curry looked like his brother on the court today.
    Ultimately this is why I felt like Duke pulled away and won in the end. They've got the senior laden roster and were much more cohesive on offense. Noel (and this is something I was a little worried about when I saw his listed weight) is going to get muscled around all year in the post by a lot of opposing bigs. He's got to put on some weight.

I think Kentucky might be the better team in March, but right now it's no surprise Kentucky won semi-comfortably. Not to mention, without Ryan Harrow, Archie Goodwin had to handle PG duties and he's not a PG. He can handle those responsibilities when needed, but he's better of the ball in my opinion.

And UCLA holds on to win by one over UC-Irvine...in OT?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Harris and Dawson being major factors for MSU's win over KU just...hurts. Dawson was supposed to be a done deal for Purdue until "message board fodder" we'll put it happened. And both Harris's parents went to Purdue, his mom kicked ass for the ladies' team.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And UCLA holds on to win by one over UC-Irvine...in OT?
    and we got lucky... uci missed two freethrows with 2.6 seconds left... that's how we went into overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Harris and Dawson being major factors for MSU's win over KU just...hurts. Dawson was supposed to be a done deal for Purdue until "message board fodder" we'll put it happened. And both Harris's parents went to Purdue, his mom kicked ass for the ladies' team.
    Harris also was apparently a lock to stay in-state but chose to go to MSU as well.

was really impressed with Payne's conditioning coming into the season, and Appling played like a true lead guard today. If Dawson can get into decent shape we're going to be deep, we're going to defend, and we're going to cause headaches with our size and length at all positions.