Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose Still Looks Like A Guard

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    I stand by what I said unless Rose is dialed in offensively he'll do nothing extraordinary from the point position to get his team easy baskets. Their offense looks ever more atrocious. I saw at least 3 sets in a row where Rose basically put Boozer in position to go ISO against a set longer defender in Pau while standing like a statue doing nothing.
    DId u watch the game?.....guys were just bricking all game long...Rose would've had atleast 10 assists had noah deng and Hamilton made a few more of the plays he created.

wow this thread is straight fail, op still denying roses greatness even after witnessing him make crucial plays and even a great drive and assist to boozer.

haters gonna hate?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    wow this thread is straight fail, op still denying roses greatness even after witnessing him make crucial plays and even a great drive and assist to boozer.

haters gonna hate?

Did D Rose go 9-13 (4-6 from 3) with 5 assists (high considering they shot about 20% in the second half, with a lot of easy looks) and the game winner?

From reading this forum, I'd assume he just had a horrible game

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    No come call for a pick and or wait for him to repost by dribbling back out so he can get better position. Not only did he stand their like a statue Boozer had to command him to cut through which resulted in Boozer then having room to face up as Rose defender cleared with him. He drove to the basket and got fouled. Uhhhh Boozer shouldn't have had to tell him to cut......that's basketball 101.

I mean for crying out loud Kobe is making McRoberts/Blake/Ebanks look special and he's a pure 2 guard. Kobe used to be hella selfish but when he evolved as a better facilitator playmaker it made the Lakers more dangerous post Shaq.

Sorry Rose is gonna have to evolve otherwise be prepared to get locked up something fierce by Bron again going home loser.

Made em look real good with that late turnover and by getting his last second shot blocked didn't he?

Id love Rose to set up teammates better. With time he may become better at it. But the NBA has gone from the traditional set position player to putting the best players on the court and running rock. He's improve many areas of his game, so I cant doubt this will be one that improves.

Final play of the game he looked like baby jesus. No one cared if he played PG, SG, SF, PF, C. End of the game, a big shot was needed. And 3 wise men didnt show up to help make that happen. Swish, you mad? What it look like? A Dubya!

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Otherwise you see results like last year you say? MVP, best record in the league, ECF, and merely...not making the finals when you played a team with more talent?

Rose is what? 21? 22? Hes a 4th year guy coming off an MVP and 62 win season who in his first game this year did exactly what the people hating on him wanted him to do(shoot better...take less shots....finish games).

Hes far from a "If he doesnt change they wont win it all" point in his career. He won more series last season than several hall of famers did in their entire lives.

He has nothing to prove except that he can win a title. To be able to say that at his age is amazing. some of the "purest" points took more talented teams to less success than hes achieved already.

But the internet isnt the place to find people who arent looking to hate I suppose.

I think ive just seen too much of it.
    this true and pure PG crap is annoying. i didnt know the PG position came with a shot attempt and assist total marker. give me better player , other PGs can be as pure as they want, Rose is better and is Listed at PG so he's therefore the best PG.

Serious playground baller I.Malcolm's Avatar

Rose is the PG on the Bulls. 1/2/3/4/5 PG/SG/SF/PF/C are just terms, not play style definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    haters start swarming by saying he is more of a 25-30 ppg SG... rather than a 10-15 apg PG?

i think Rose is best used as a SCORER.... i dont care where he starts PG/SG... and thats why he is not a true PG or "traditional" PG
    What is a "true" point guard? Not scoring at all?
    Derrick is a point guard, always has been and always will be.

Rose plays the 1. I don't give a fck if he doesn't fit your mold for what a pg is suppose to be. Dude is a flat out winner and he proved it by hitting the game winner and making big plays down the stretch.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Bulls will never win a title while Rose is their best player.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Rose plays the 1. I don't give a fck if he doesn't fit your mold for what a pg is suppose to be. Dude is a flat out winner and he proved it by hitting the game winner and making big plays down the stretch.
    Sounds like Tim Tebow to me. Get carried by your defense(Deng, today), do just enough not to blow the game, score once during the closing moments of the game, get all the credit.

Can't wait until he's exposed again in the playoffs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If Tebow were the most productive Qb in the NFL the comparison to Rose would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    Sounds like Tim Tebow to me. Get carried by your defense(Deng, today), do just enough not to blow the game, score once during the closing moments of the game, get all the credit.

^^^^ ...what an idiot.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit

lol... dumb