Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The moment we've been waiting for.

Well, speaking for myself, of course. I've been waiting for this date since December 2014. I'll be happy if we get in the top 3; it's a bust IMO with anything lower. It was a gamble I would have been willing to take if I was Jax... this team has never been blown up like this before. I'm not going gringos on you here - I'll be happy with Towns, Okafor or Russell.

Get it done, NY. Get it freakin' done.

Straight Hardcore percelloveknicks's Avatar

Default Re: The moment we've been waiting for.

The 4th pick???!!! We got the worst luck, all that losing for what????!!!!!

knicks are f ucking pathetic...

this is going to be dejavu when we missed curry by 1 pick...we now gonna miss 2 studs who will make an impact in the nba

Great luck would have been winning a top 2 spot so that Knicks could trade down and pick up additional pieces.

Knicks need Russell or WCS. Only other options are mudiay or porzingis. 3 out of 4 of those guys will prob be available. Pick the right one and the Knicks win this draft.

Ugh all of this shitting the bed for what? Ugh fck. Another dam year of my life to watch them suck again. I swear. Destroy the entire organization.

dolan owes it to us to charge 1 dollar for all seats for another pathetic showing

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

This was a pretty awful season to wind up picking 4th.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I wanted this pick. I really like Mudiay. But according to Chad Ford, they like Justice Winslow. If they draft someone like Winslow, I will be kinda salty. I'm not a huge fan of him. He just reminds me way too much of MKG out of college. Mudiay has ton of potential.

I really hope they gave him a chance or at least a workout. Mudiay has even reported today that he would love to play for the Knicks.

Dude is going to be great IMO. He has all the tools to become a great PG in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Great luck would have been winning a top 2 spot so that Knicks could trade down and pick up additional pieces.

Knicks need Russell or WCS. Only other options are mudiay or porzingis. 3 out of 4 of those guys will prob be available. Pick the right one and the Knicks win this draft.
    I think Russell is massively overrated. Guy can't shake people off him with his handles and he isn't athletic enough to get to the rim continuously. He also has no right hand when driving.

Yeah, Mudiay can't shoot FTs but the rest of his game is really solid IMO. Way better investment if we do draft a PG.

If they draft either WCS/Porzingis, I will be very upset. Both are not top 5 talents IMO.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Russell, his floor seems the highest of the bunch. Aka, I think he is the safest bet.

I don't think a Tyson Chandler lite is worth drafting #4 overall.

Don't know enough about Porzingis.

Mudiay will also bring some energy to MSG. Russell is charismatic and has swagger about him. Something about him screams New York to me.

Mudiay attacks the rim like crazy and Russell shoots lights out. Wouldn't mind seeing either in the upcoming years.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 05-20-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

We are cursed!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I wanted this pick. I really like Mudiay. But according to Chad Ford, they like Justice Winslow. If they draft someone like Winslow, I will be kinda salty. I'm not a huge fan of him. He just reminds me way too much of MKG out of college. Mudiay has ton of potential.

I really hope they gave him a chance or at least a workout. Mudiay has even reported today that he would love to play for the Knicks.

Dude is going to be great IMO. He has all the tools to become a great PG in 4 years.

In 4 years??? Everybody's been saying that Winslow looks the most NBA-ready when it comes to his body and his intangibles. As an avid Duke fan, I could see shades of James Harden in his game, but with way better defense. At only 19, he will be a force in a couple of years under the right system, but I think he can be an impact player right away for the Knicks other than Karl Anthony-Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    In 4 years??? Everybody's been saying that Winslow looks the most NBA-ready when it comes to his body and his intangibles. As an avid Duke fan, I could see shades of James Harden in his game, but with way better defense. At only 19, he will be a force in a couple of years under the right system, but I think he can be an impact player right away for the Knicks other than Karl Anthony-Towns.
    I just don't think we really need a shooting guard at this point. I really think we badly need a PG especially if we sign Greg Monroe, an above average big.

The Russell vs Mudiay point guard debate really entices me and honestly both of them definitely have potential to be great.

If Mudiay develops a jumper by year 2, he could be deadly. When I mean 4 years, I mean he can potentially be a star in 2-3 years maybe superstar by year 4.

im down with mudiay, i think phil will make him better....all mudiay is missing is a consistent mid range game off pnr (he got a shot but it doesnt always fall) and he needs to improve his 3 point and free throw shooting

dude has killer handles and can take you to the hoop with his athleticism (something this team desperately needs) and has great court vision but does try to force it with his passing which is TO prone, but the kid is 18! Hes willing on passing to find the open guy..he needs alot of work for sure

thought russell is the better fit in the triangle with his shooting ability...getting mudiay would mean to change to a pnr dominant system

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    im down with mudiay, i think phil will make him better....all mudiay is missing is a consistent mid range game off pnr (he got a shot but it doesnt always fall) and he needs to improve his 3 point and free throw shooting

dude has killer handles and can take you to the hoop with his athleticism (something this team desperately needs) and has great court vision but does try to force it with his passing which is TO prone, but the kid is 18! Hes willing on passing to find the open guy..he needs alot of work for sure

thought russell is the better fit in the triangle with his shooting ability...getting mudiay would mean to change to a pnr dominant system
    Agreed, Fisher would be more easily able to relate to Russell than Mudiay as a player. Fisher was a good shooter for those Lakers team.

But Russell's lack of elite athletic ability and his struggle to finish with his right at the rim and as well as blowing by opponents with his handles bothers me a lot. His ceiling though could be really high if he develops like the following players: Harden or Curry.

Mudiay to me can make an impact that Elfried Payton did as a rookie. But Mudiay is slightly a better shooter and far more athletically gifted.

Mudiay right now could be a 3rd option in the lineup but the primary playmaker. To me he is more a pure PG but if we do continue to experiment with the triangle, it is hard to ignore Russell's talents.

I read somewhere that a recent source said Mudiay is ahead of Russell on the Knicks big board.

It really is a shame that Mudiay didn't go to SMU and put up those CBA type numbers in the NCAA tournament. Dude really could have a chance as a #1 in this year's draft especially after a year under the SMU coach, Larry Brown.

At this point, I'm ok with Russell or Mudiay. But I personally just like Mudiay as a prospect better and I feel if he somehow is able to fulfill his potential I would love to have him as a Knick.

You can improve shooting but you can't make someone an elite athlete (ala Russell).