Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bron on Pop

Default Re: Bron on Pop

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I could see LeBron getting in line with a coach like Pop. Reminds me of when Phil recruited Shaq. "I saw all those golden balls, and said "Tell me what to do"".
    Really, LeBron could use a good dose of humility. He's losing credibility on a steady basis.
    Bron would HATE IT in SA. I mean, they're not the partying happy go lucky teammates that he's used to. Pop won't let him have his own Billboards (He told this to Aldridge), and he just won't be able to play his Lebron game and grab ahold of the ball for so many minutes. Of course they would be winning most of the time but ultimately Bron loves being the hero, the brightest flame, and the Spurs philosophy just won't fly with that.

Parker
    Green
    Kawhi
    Lebron
    LMA

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Bron would HATE IT in SA. I mean, they're not the partying happy go lucky teammates that he's used to. Pop won't let him have his own Billboards (He told this to Aldridge), and he just won't be able to play his Lebron game and grab ahold of the ball for so many minutes. Of course they would be winning most of the time but ultimately Bron loves being the hero, the brightest flame, and the Spurs philosophy just won't fly with that.

Im sure he wouldnt mind switching up his game style if it meant getting 3-4 extra championships. He would need to be the one winning the Finals MVPs though

Could help him protect his FG % even more. Less shots, less minutes and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    This reads more like you would hate it more than Bron

..but I'm just funnin'. It would be a big slice of humble pie.

"I believe I think the game, I'm not going to say in similar fashion, because he has more experience than me, but I think I have a high basketball IQ." James said.

Popovich had some success keeping Rodman under control when he was assistant coach for San Antonio.

It sounds like Bron respects Pop's success, but I can't see them getting along as coach-player. Bron is the opposite of a system player.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Bron would have been a perenial champion had he played for Pop. There's no doubt about it.Dude went to the final all by himself, dragging a sht support cast and fking Mike Brown's fat azz while he was 22 himself

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funktion
    "I believe I think the game, I'm not going to say in similar fashion, because he has more experience than me, but I think I have a high basketball IQ." James said.

That's one hideous muthafker

Bron always surrounds himself with entourage and YES-men. Pop would allow none of that, much like Riley didnt. Therefore Lebron wouldnt stick with Spurs even if he came there, as soon as things get tough he would run away to collude with Warriors or smth.