Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Stephen Curry = Mark Price?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Mark Price was never a top 15 player like Curry currently is. I'd take Steph, even with his glass ankles.
    Well, he did finish top 10 in MVP voting for 4 years in a row...so that's not really a great argument.

However, I am have been the Curry wagon since he was at Davidson and I believe he is a one of a type player. He hits off the dribble, or spot up threes better than 90% of the league hits an open jumper. That's absolutely unbelievable. It looks like he is streaky...but he's actually not. Anytime (except maybe first 2 minutes of a game) he is basically on lock for making a shot. What he does streaky is use his athleticism and handles to get open. He picks and chooses his spots. He doesn't have the Russel type endurance to do it 100% of the time. It's why his 3rd quarters are so amazing. He chooses to go into attack mode. If you watch him (when he is healthy) he can create separation basically whenever he wants if he isn't tired. The third is perfect because he is warmed up, and not tired. He creates the separation through either using screens, step backs, pushing it in transition etc.

Argh. can't even properly explain what i mean. too buzzed and in China. Anyways, he is better than Price. Price is the perfect complement player, but Curry is a true #1 option (and one of the best in the league) when he is healthy.

Mark Price was never a top 15 player like Curry currently is. I'd take Steph, even with his glass ankles.

Price was top 10 in the MVP voting 4 times and made First Team All-NBA once.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

People forget how good Price was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrttbk6HtI
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 05-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    People forget how good Price was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrttbk6HtI
    I remember kinda hating Mark Price back in the day because those Price/Daugherty/Nance Cavaliers teams always seemed to kick the Heat's ass and I swear Price never missed a shot against Miami. He was an assassin and is another guy who gets forgotten largely because of playing in the Eastern Conference during the Jordan era.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 05-13-2013 at 02:37 PM.

That's hardly an apples to apples comparison, considering at his late 80's/ early 90's peak he was playing at the same time as:

Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson
    Larry Bird
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    David Robinson
    Patrick Ewing
    Hakeem Olajuwan
    Isiah Thomas
    John Stockton
    Scottie Pippen
    Dominique Wilkins

etc, etc. Curry wouldn't have sniffed top 15 back then, either.

Bump

I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Hard to compare with the different rules. Curry is the exact guy the rules benefit. Price playing now is prime Steve Nash. He was a better passer and game manager than Curry by far.

Btw...wheb everyone is healthy Curry will have trouble remaining a top 5 pg. CP3, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, Parker etc. To be honest he isn't a top 5 pg even with his hot shooting. He is just streaky and takes bad shots. You can't build around bad shots unless your a very very special player like Kobe who can impose his will on games. He just isn't that guy. Also he is playing with house money now...gonna be a little different when people began to expect big games. Imo one of the most overrated guys in a while. Isnt an all nba talent with this pg crop. There will alwayd be 3/4pgs better

Mark Price - Skills and Quickness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sua9u318wGo

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Hard to compare with the different rules. Curry is the exact guy the rules benefit. Price playing now is prime Steve Nash. He was a better passer and game manager than Curry by far.

Btw...wheb everyone is healthy Curry will have trouble remaining a top 5 pg. CP3, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, Parker etc. To be honest he isn't a top 5 pg even with his hot shooting. He is just streaky and takes bad shots. You can't build around bad shots unless your a very very special player like Kobe who can impose his will on games. He just isn't that guy. Also he is playing with house money now...gonna be a little different when people began to expect big games. Imo one of the most overrated guys in a while. Isnt an all nba talent with this pg crop. There will alwayd be 3/4pgs better
    This dude

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    This dude

You are worthless. Way to quote someone's 2 year old post after Curry has taken an extra step that no one was really predicting at that time. At least this cat gives his basketball take. When do you even talk about basketball? You post more about dragon ball z and your fggt cartoons than actually talk about ball. Talk about bball or go outside and talk to some girls you goon.

Settle down now, and stay on topic please.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    You are worthless. Way to quote someone's 2 year old post after Curry has taken an extra step that no one was really predicting at that time. At least this cat gives his basketball take. When do you even talk about basketball? You post more about dragon ball z and your fggt cartoons than actually talk about ball. Talk about bball or go outside and talk to some girls you goon.
    tl;dr

#rentfree

Personally, I think the comparison is valid.

Other than a few nuances, their respective skill-sets are relatively similar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I got raped harder than the underage cartoon girl in my wet dream last night