Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain swishes four 3-point range hook shots in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    holy shit he makes infinite in a row!

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

No, that's not good plausible to you, you think the editors just tried to straight up trick people instead.

Indeed. I'm old enough to have 'starred' in more than one documentary. The TV guys arrived and asked if I could 'spontaneously' do this and that so that they can make the actual clip. The things they asked for were ones (or very similar to ones) that actually did happen... just not at the time the documentary was shot. I had this experience both in business-related and sport-related clips (krav-maga).

BTW, you are right. I don't buy the official 9/11 story either. I have no idea as to what the fu(k really happened, but I can tell the official version stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Indeed. I'm old enough to have 'starred' in more than one documentary. The TV guys arrived and asked if I could 'spontaneously' do this and that so that they can make the actual clip. The things they asked for were ones (or very similar to ones) that actually did happen... just not at the time the documentary was shot. I had this experience both in business-related and sport-related clips (krav-maga).

BTW, you are right. I don't buy the official 9/11 story either. I have no idea as to what the fu(k really happened, but I can tell the official version stinks.
    You have an excessive amount of skepticism and mistrust about things you see then - you can be the politest person in the world, but I just can't take you serious when your mistrust of everything leads you to such illogical conclusions. I'm familiar with video editing myself - I went to school for it briefly (did not finish, just 1 year and 1 semesters worth), which is in part why I know programs like Adobe premiere and After Effects and make the mixes that I do - and I can tell you it is naye impossible to fake that sequence being that Wilt is DEAD. It would take some James Cameron type sh*t to fake that. That clip doesn't exist to make money - it's not a MJ Nike commercial - it's nothing but 25 seconds taken from a low-budget documentary. There is ZERO incentive to fake it. The only plausible scenario is that that sequence exists in entirety but is probably 1-2 minutes longer than the 25 seconds it needed to be hacked down to to fit within the time constraints and flow of the documentary - thus it has been *edited*.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-21-2012 at 05:58 PM.

This is like the time you speed up the footage of Wilt to make him look more impressive,
    True.

Also, what is the basis for "3 point range". Sure doesn't look like it to me.......

This is like the time you speed up the footage of Wilt to make him look more impressive,
    True.

Also, what is the basis for "3 point range". Sure doesn't look like it to me.......

True.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    You have an unhealthy amount of skepticism and mistrust about things you see then - you can be the politest person in the world, but I just can't take you serious when your mistrust of everything leads you to such illogical conclusions. I'm familiar with video editing myself - I went to school for it briefly (did not finish, just 1 year and 1 semesters worth), which is in part why I know programs like Adobe premiere and After Effects and make the mixes that I do - and I can tell you it is naye impossible to fake that sequence being that Wilt is DEAD. It would take some James Cameron type sh*t to fake that. That clip doesn't exist to make money - it's not a MJ Nike commercial - it's nothing but 25 seconds taken from a low-budget documentary. There is ZERO incentive to fake it. The ONLY plausible scenario is that that sequence exists in entirety but is probably 1-2 minutes longer than the 25 seconds it needed to be hacked down to to fit within the time constraints of the documentary - thus it has been *edited*.

Did people really go to the moon? Huge conspiracy there too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_la...iracy_theories

That clip doesn't exist to make money - it's not a MJ Nike commercial - it's nothing but 25 seconds taken from a low-budget documentary. There is ZERO incentive to fake it.

Why? Imagine this: Wilt did indeed sink 10 such shots in a row once. People saw that and thought to themselves: this should exist on film. So they made a clip. At the time the documentary was made, Wilt made some and missed some. So they chose to make the clip we see it. What we are able to watch now is a result of this. It is true and it is not at the same time. If anything, this is the most plausible scenario to me.

Quote Originally Posted by josh99
    Did people really go to the moon?[/url]
    The question is fine. Yes, I believe that story. It is convincing. Not seeing Wilt actually taking the the hook shots (except 1) is not that convincing. It MAY have happened. I doubt it did at the time the clip was made. It's hard to believe the camera having been there and choosing not to show us the actual shots.

The question is fine. Yes, I believe that story. It is convincing. Not seeing Wilt actually taking the the hook shots (except 1) is not that convincing. It MAY have happened. I doubt it did at the time the clip was made. It's hard to believe the camera having been there and choosing not to show us the actual shots.
    To be honest I'm not too worried either way about the video, one clip isn't going to make or break his legacy

The moon conspiracy is interesting though, I'm about 50-50 whether I believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by josh99
    To be honest I'm not too worried either way about the video, one clip isn't going to make or break his legacy

That's what I'm saying. Added to this, I'm not convinced the clip is legit.

That's what I'm saying. Added to this, I'm not convinced the clip is legit.
    Yea I wasn't sure when I first saw it but can't really see any motive for them to fake it. It's not like its a super amazing feat, its easy to get on a hot streak in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz

L M F A O Rep

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I do believe he made such shots. I just don't believe it happened at the time this clip was made. It's pretty hard to believe. The camera is there. We are talking about Wilt. Hook shots. 3 point range. 4 in a row. We have a camera.

Yet, the actual shots themselves are not filmed (except 1). Why? It was simply unimportant? Then why have the camera there to begin with
    wilt had over 200 forty point games. None of them seem to have been recorded and shown in modern times. Some of them legendary finals games. why did they have cameras at those games to begin with? is it possible they didn't happen the way we are told?

because that's what shitty camera work, editing, and preservation from 40 years ago when nobody cared means right?