Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star crounsa810's Avatar

Default Re: Hello Thunder Fans, How Is Your GM's First Mistake?

How can you be upset about this pick?

Will Rubio be better? Maybe.

Does Harden fit the team better? Hell yeah.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    As for the OKC pick, as mentioned already, people (myself included) bagged on the Westbrook pick and he was one of the best rookies last season.

As for the Hansbrough pick, I like it. I think it's a good pick for Indy. Tyler will be a good player for you guys.
    I don't hate Hansbrough, I think he's a solid replacement for Jeff Foster. The problem is we need WAY more than a replacement for a hustle big. If I have to choose between gambling on an all-defense 1 (Holiday) and Jeff Foster it isn't hard. No more role players, TALENT!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    James Harden is going to be really good, I don't know how this can be seen as a mistake.
    Because its a lot fanboys that dont know basketball,Blake,Curry,Evans,Maynor,Blair,Williams ,Douglas,Mills and Young are very ready to contribute right now,the rest of the Draft im not so sure,to much drafting on potetial instead of who can play and help a team right now.

How so? Him and Brook are the "safest" picks in the draft. They will play for you and Harden is great. Harden > Rubio.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Lol, we'll see about Harden i guess. Westbrook was a freak athlete, Harden is an average athlete. Westbrook had great quickness and was an elite level defender in college, Harden lacks quickness and i havet heard/seen anything about his defense... It's all about how Harden's offense will translate and I just dont see it being all that great on the NBA level. I see a guy like Evans as an elite level scorer. I see a guy like Curry with a hella quick release and one of the wettest strokes i've ever seen. With Harden, I see the same things I see in Dionte Christmas.... How one is the #3 pick and the other not even off the board yet? idk... I just dont see the hype or the 'specialness' in Harden that you guys are seeing. I saw it Westbrook. Dont see it in Jimmy. Maybe im just missin it.... Of course he is an NBA rotation player, but I think several guards from this draft will be better than him.
    Last edited by Power_Ballin; 06-25-2009 at 11:37 PM.

If there is a god the Blazers will draft Patrick Mills.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
    Lol, we'll see about Harden i guess. Westbrook was a freak athlete, Harden is an average athlete. Westbrook had great quickness and was an elite level defender in college, Harden lacks quickness and i havet heard/seen anything about his defense... It's all about how Harden's offense will translate and I just dont see it being all that great on the NBA level. I see a guy like Evans as an elite level scorer. I see a guy like Curry with a hella quick release and one of the wettest strokes i've ever seen. With Harden, I see the same things I see in Dionte Christmas.... How one is the #3 pick and the other not even off the board yet? idk... I just dont see the hype or the 'specialness' in Harden that you guys are seeing. I saw it Westbrook. Dont see it in Jimmy. Maybe im just missin it.... Of course he is an NBA rotation player, but I think several guards from this draft will be better than him.
    You must be smoking somethng Harden is built to be a dominant scorer in the league.Early on they thought that he was a average athlete,but he lost 15 pounds and was chisled at the workouts,his tests were very high his verticle was higher than Evans,you should do a bit more research.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Yayyyy........I like this guy,i can see him and Roy doing some things,this a flat out steal!

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

He reminds me of Paul pierce in a way. Not super quick or OVERLY athletic but athletic and canny enough to consistently get his shot off and get buckets in a variety of ways ....also, highly competitive. In fact, harden's numbers this year are almost identical to Pierce's third year at Kansas.......Now, OKC has to find a center that'll play defense...............Gortat?????

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Seriously, you're upset about getting James Harden? Try taking Tyler Hansbrough.
    Ah, that made me lol, not as an expression, but as in people around me heard me laugh

A Westbrook/Harden back court makes a hell of a lot better sense than Rubio/Westbrook.
    Completely besides the point Rubio will suck, Harden is a great player. Way better than the guy Thunder had at the 2 this year.

Serious playground baller xtn5021's Avatar

Let the haters hate. Harden is gonna be a superstar in my predictions.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by xtn5021
    Let the haters hate. Harden is gonna be a superstar in my predictions.
    Yep all day.

High School Starter

When you've already got a superstar in Kevin Durant, and great young players like Westbrook and Green, you don't need to take a risk on Rubio. Presti made the safe move by filling a hole in his roster with one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft who just happens to fit in perfectly in the backcourt with Westbrook. Plus he potentially filled another hole at C by getting Mullens. I would rate this as another "A" draft for the Thunder.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I guess there is a God lol