Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Ultimately I think the Cavs are still drawn to Embiid. That's who they like and that's who they want, IMO. Even with the injury, I guarantee you the team is still kicking the idea around to still draft him, just not @ #1.

And it would be a brilliant organizational decision.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    The problem with you dudes who are hating on the Cavs fielding offers is that Wiggins isn't as good as you think he is.

I've been saying this for six months. Based on the amount of rumors floating around, Cavs probably agree with me.

Its very obvious Cleveland feel they need a physical Center big time. They ain't winning sh*t with a skinny ass Wiggins on the wing and Spencer Hawes in the middle.
    Then you take the guy you think is the best player at No. 1. This isn't rocket science. Nobody is mandating they have to pick Wiggins if they don't like him. Take Parker. Hell, take Embiid if you think he could recover.

We're not getting any of the three if we trade down. Bet that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I still don't get it.

Who are the Cavs taking at 4 if Parker, Wiggins and Embiid are off the board? The last thing they need is a PG/combo guard. They haven't worked out Vonleh, I don't believe. I guess that pick might make some sense...

But still, I don't understand why you just don't take the best player in the draft and be done with it.
    If Embiid is good enough to go in the top 3 in your scenario, then the Cavs should just pick him #1.

If Embiid is good enough to go in the top 3 in your scenario, then the Cavs should just pick him #1.
    I agree. If they think he's that much better than everyone else, just take him. If you trade down and cross your fingers, you're flirting with disaster.

If they love Embiid that much, just take him. I won't complain if they do. I do think he's far and away the best prospect in the draft. I wouldn't have the stones to take him first overall because I like both Wiggins and Parker too and back/foot problems with bigs are a big deal, but that doesn't mean a GM with bigger stones can't roll the dice.

I just don't want to see us foolishly trade out of the Top 3 and miss the boat on the three best players in the draft.

Then you take the guy you think is the best player at No. 1. This isn't rocket science. Nobody is mandating they have to pick Wiggins if they don't like him. Take Parker. Hell, take Embiid if you think he could recover.

We're not getting any of the three if we trade down. Bet that.
    In your mind you obviously think Embiid is still going top 3 , so why are you campaigning for Wiggins now?

I think the Cavs are covering their basis in case he drops to the #4-6 range. They obviously still want him, IMO

Banned

I still don't get it.

Who are the Cavs taking at 4 if Parker, Wiggins and Embiid are off the board? The last thing they need is a PG/combo guard. They haven't worked out Vonleh, I don't believe. I guess that pick might make some sense...

But still, I don't understand why you just don't take the best player in the draft and be done with it.
    I think they'd be interested IF they're assured that Embiid will be there at #4 but that's just my hunch.

In your mind you obviously think Embiid is still going top 3 , so why are you campaigning for Wiggins now?

I think the Cavs are covering their basis in case he drops to the #4-6 range. They obviously still want him, IMO
    It's pretty obvious, isn't it? Embiid is my favorite prospect in the draft, but the injury concerns have me preferring both Wiggins and Parker over him. However, when both of those guys are gone, I can't imagine passing on Embiid at 3.

But, most of these trade talks aren't about the third pick... they're about a pick in the 4-6 range. If I were the Sixers' GM, no way I let Embiid get past me at 3 with both SFs off the board.

That's where I'm at with it.

I agree. If they think he's that much better than everyone else, just take him. If you trade down and cross your fingers, you're flirting with disaster.

If they love Embiid that much, just take him. I won't complain if they do. I do think he's far and away the best prospect in the draft. I wouldn't have the stones to take him first overall because I like both Wiggins and Parker too and back/foot problems with bigs are a big deal, but that doesn't mean a GM with bigger stones can't roll the dice.

I just don't want to see us foolishly trade out of the Top 3 and miss the boat on the three best players in the draft.
    OK looks like we're on the same page here.

After the news of the Embiid injury first broke, I was also disappointed because I thought there was no way he was worth a top 5 pick.

But...

I believe this comes down to more than what you can see on game tape. I believe the Cavs see something very special in Embiid as a person. He is not the type to let something deter him from reaching his potential. In fact, it will probably have the opposite effect on his game long term. He'll learn to play smarter and work harder to protect himself from injuries.

Obviously to still pick Embiid is risk, but that's okay. Greatness demands taking risks tho.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

I want Philly to get Wiggins, and it doesn't matter what Cavs do they'll always be crappy

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    magic apparently offered afflalo + #4 + #12
    i don't believe it though.

My damn!

OK looks like we're on the same page here.

After the news of the Embiid injury first broke, I was also disappointed because I thought there was no way he was worth a top 5 pick.

But...

I believe this comes down to more than what you can see on game tape. I believe the Cavs see something very special in Embiid as a person. He is not the type to let something deter him from reaching his potential. In fact, it will probably have the opposite effect on his game long term. He'll learn to play smarter and work harder to protect himself from injuries.

Obviously to still pick Embiid is risk, but that's okay. Greatness demands taking risks tho.

As usual, Sam Amico straddling the fence.

Sense is, despite buzz, Cavs not close to deal they like. Told they could be really busy Thursday night, "or it may be nothing."
    How about this, though?

Amico:
    Also, Cavs have discussed Dion Waiters with team in top 10. Opposing team unconfirmed at moment.
    Interesting note to Dion Waiters talk: Source close to Waiters tells @FOXSportsOH that Waiters thinks he or Kyrie Irving will be traded.
    https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...38775465799682

Banned

I think CLE really screwed themselves by not trading Waiters while his stock was higher and possibly drafting a replacement for him last year instead of Bennett. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    My damn!
    how do u feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    I think CLE really screwed themselves by not trading Waiters while his stock was higher and possibly drafting a replacement for him last year instead of Bennett. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him now.
    Can't imagine his stock ever being higher than it is right now. He was one of the lone bright spots for the Cavs this year. Much improved.