Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: wayne gretzky vs michael jordan vs tiger woods vs babe ruth( vs ali?)

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    The answer is Wilt Chamberlain.
    I'd even take John Cena before Wilt. and he aint even on the list.

Default Re: wayne gretzky vs michael jordan vs tiger woods vs babe ruth( vs ali?)

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    fvcking wow

You're disrespecting Gretzky. Look at what he did and compare him to what his peers did and then come back and say that isn't impressive.

And how about the Pakistani Squash player I posted about above who was undefeated for 15 years straight? Shits on Gretzsky. And I never heard of that guy until I googled it. One could say we're all disrespecting Khan, having never heard of him but compare him to his peers... 555 matches won without a loss... all challengers over 15 years. Sorry I don't care about Ice Hockey all that much.

Achievements in Basketball, Track and Field, Soccer, Boxing/Fighting, are what is truly impressive on a global level. Personally, I hold Football and Baseball achievements in high regard but could understand international folks not caring about it.

But Ice hockey... nah.

And still, Phelps >>> Gretzsky if we're going to talk about sports like Ice Hockey and Swimming, which not everyone (Africa, Asia) has access to. No one has dominated the Olympics like Phelps has.
    he most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 22 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (18, double the second highest record holders), Olympic gold medals in individual events (11), and Olympic medals in individual events for a male (13).
    Bradman still better relative to his sport, Wilt would have needed to average ~40ppg to statistically equal Bradman relative to his sport.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.

It's clearly Roger Federer you guys. Who else between these GOATs can say they had a 30% record against their biggest rival?

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    You're joking...right?

Cena has an average match time of 18:23, and an overall win loss record of 211-89. With a belt on the line his record is 28-13, sounds good..right? Bret Hart average match time is 21:19, nearly 3 minutes better than Cena. Overall 319-59 record while going 44-15 in matches with belts on the line.

Then we can get into some deeper stats...

SGC (Special Grapple Completion)

Cena 4.6 / match
    Hart 8.1 / match
    Rock 6.2 / match
    Flair 9.4 / match
    Taker 7.1 / match

MCvF (Match Completion via Finisher)

Cena 81.4%
    Hart 90.3%
    Rock 94.7%
    Flair 88.1%
    Taker 98.2%

Also look at one key stat... Finishers that a superstar kicked out of..

Cena 12
    Hart 14
    Rock 19
    Flair 11
    Taker 29

Cena isn't the greatest, you're a joke.
    Look at the ****ing stat nerds coming out of the woodwork.

Cena is the best ever, period.

Cena has more "hart" than Hart. He's gonna easily surpass Hart when you consider this guys longevity at the top.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dude remains a mainevent-er for 20 more years. Hell, possibly 30.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    And how about the Pakistani Squash player I posted about above who was undefeated for 15 years straight? Shits on Gretzsky. And I never heard of that guy until I googled it. One could say we're all disrespecting Khan, having never heard of him but compare him to his peers... 555 matches won without a loss... Sorry I don't care about Ice Hockey all that much.

Achievements in Basketball, Track and Field, Soccer, Boxing/Fighting, are what is truly impressive. Personally, I hold Football and Baseball achievements in high regard but could understand international folks not caring about it.

But Ice hockey... nah.

And still, Phelps >>> Gretzsky. No one has dominated the Olympics like Phelps has.

Bradman still better relative to his sport, Wilt would have needed to average ~40ppg to statistically equal Bradman relative to his sport.
    You cannot say you don't care about hockey (for the record, I don't) and then bring up shit like squash and cricket. You are underminding yourself, at least to me because I couldn't care less about cricket. I'd rather not watch anything than watch cricket. In the end, it's irrelevant whether you like the sport to recognize dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Cena has more "hart" than Hart. He's gonna easily surpass Hart when you consider this guys longevity at the top.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dude remains a mainevent-er for 20 more years. Hell, possibly 30.

nigguh, Cena ain't even better than Santino Marella. Cena is only propped up by the media just like Lebron currently is.

Comparing Phelps (a freaking swimmer) to a guy who dominated a team sport is just absurd and asinine.

You can have your cricket since nobody in the states gives a shit about it.

What next, gonna bust out some Curling stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Comparing Phelps (a freaking swimmer) to a guy who dominated a team sport is just absurd and asinine.

You can have your cricket since nobody in the states gives a shit about it.

What next, gonna bust out some Curling stats?

No one gives a shit about ice hockey either. People give a shit about Football, then Baseball. Even Basketball is an afterthought. Ice hockey is irrelevant in the USA in the grand scheme of things.

You cannot say you don't care about hockey (for the record, I don't) and then bring up shit like squash and cricket. You are underminding yourself, at least to me because I couldn't care less about cricket. I'd rather not watch anything than watch cricket. In the end, it's irrelevant whether you like the sport to recognize dominance.

That's EXACTLY my point. I thought it was ****ing obvious

More people play cricket than Ice Hockey on a global level. And I don't give a shit about Cricket, Ice Hockey, OR Squash, I SAID I had never heard of that guy until I googled it. I too would rather not watch anything than cricket either. Doesn't change the fact, that Bradman's dominance eclipses that of Gretsky.

The point is that if you look at some random sport like ice hockey, which isn't even played on most continents, you can find superior players in other esoteric sports like cricket, or squash.

Which is why achievements in the true international sports (Track and Field, Soccer, Fighting/Boxing, Basketball) are the truly impressive feats.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-22-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    nigguh, Cena ain't even better than Santino Marella. Cena is only propped up by the media just like Lebron currently is.
    Bruh.....

He's carried the company for a decade and will continue for another decade. That type of dominance hasn't been seen in pro wrestling.

He's a 15 time world champion, second only to Ric Flair. The hype is warranted.

Pretty soon he will have the most title reigns in history and we all know he's the biggest draw in the sport.

Cena > Jordan, Ali, Gretzsky, Tiger, Ruth PUT TOGETHER.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

That's EXACTLY my point. I thought it was ****ing obvious

More people play cricket than Ice Hockey on a global level anyway genius. And I don't give a shit about Cricket, Ice Hockey, OR Squash, I SAID I had never heard of that guy until I googled it.

The point is that if you look at some random sport like ice hockey, which isn't even played on most continents, you can find superior players in other esoteric sports like cricket, or squash.

Which is why achievements in the true international sports (Track and Field, Soccer, Fighting/Boxing, Basketball) are the truly impressive feats.
    THAT IS IRRELEVANT. Something isn't more impressive because more people watch it. What are you even saying right now? Are you saying less people might play it making their accomplishments not impressive because they don't attract a wider talent pool? Are you suggesting that hockey players are inherently less talented than basketball players in their respective activities? Why is it relevant?

My point is that it's not.

lol @ hockey being "some random sport"

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Cena isn't respected by the elite wrestling community...

He has more "hart" than Hart? I'm gonna give you a pass on this one because it's obvious you aren't read up on your history..

Bret Hart witnessed his brother die and still came out an hour later and put on the goddamn match of a lifetime, with a run time of 24:43 and 18 special grapples it's easily a top 5 match all time.

Cena's greatest match?

Probably some crap where he was carried by a superior athlete.

At the end of the day Cena has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to win match convincingly, also his move set is so limited it's quite pathetic. He is beloved by little kids and women which brings in money so that's why he gets so many main events but his talent just isn't there.

CM Punk should be carrying wrestling right now, not John Cena but Vince made a huge mistake...

Cm Punk stats:

19:21 avg match time
    7.4 special grapples/match
    only 2 men have kicked out of his finisher

those are elite numbers dude

THAT IS IRRELEVANT. Something isn't more impressive because more people watch it. What are you even saying right now? Are you saying less people might play it making their accomplishments not impressive because they don't attract a wider talent pool? Are you suggesting that hockey players are inherently less talented than basketball players in their respective activities? Why is it relevant?

My point is that it's not.

lol @ hockey being "some random sport"

How can you say that it's not relevant the number of people that watch a sport, then turn around and say you don't care about achievements in Squash or Cricket? You can't logically say that Gretzsky is the best and then disqualify Bradman because you don't like Cricket.

Ice hockey isn't even played in every state IN the US.

No one gives a shit about ice hockey either. People give a shit about Football, then Baseball. Even Basketball is an afterthought. Ice hockey is irrelevant in the USA in the grand scheme of things.
    Then why is the best most competitive professional Hockey league located in the states and Canada?