Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Has the "who takes the final shot?" on the GM survey ever been this lopsided?

I must say though, after Lillard hit that shot I was praying that they'd beat the Spurs only to see Westbrook MURDER Lillard in the WCF because of the overhype Lillard was getting with some people acting like he was better than Westbrook.

Banned

Default Re: Has the "who takes the final shot?" on the GM survey ever been this lopsided?

Lillard hit multiple game winners last year. Reminded me of DRose that year he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I must say though, after Lillard hit that shot I was praying that they'd beat the Spurs only to see Westbrook MURDER Lillard in the WCF because of the overhype Lillard was getting with some people acting like he was better than Westbrook.
    Eh Westbrook still got to destroy TP in the WCF, think that sealed it as him being the most dominant PG in the game.

The Lillard hype definitely got out of hand about him as an overall player...but I think talking purely about clutchness, it's all warranted.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Who is the best head coach in the NBA?
    1. Gregg Popovich, San Antonio -- 92.9%
    Who didn't pick Pop? WTF? Best coach EVER, much less now.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Who didn't pick Pop? WTF? Best coach EVER, much less now.
    Don't underrate Rick Carlisle. If he's not 1b to Popovich then he's pretty clearly #2 with no one else being close.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Eh Westbrook still got to destroy TP in the WCF, think that sealed it as him being the most dominant PG in the game.

The Lillard hype definitely got out of hand about him as an overall player...but I think talking purely about clutchness, it's all warranted.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

It didn't seal shit because the CP3 hype continues.... long after Westbrook murdered him as well...

I guess it's in large part due to the fact that Westbrook doesn't give a f*ck about the media or his own personal image.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

No surprise Lebron isnt on that list

Ancient, crippled Kobe is still more clutch than peak bran

Durant is literally in another universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yeah, just picked a year at random - 2007-08 looked like this:

1. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 88.5%
    2. Carmelo Anthony, Denver 3.8%
    t-3.Tim Duncan, San Antonio 3.8%
    Steve Nash, Phoenix 3.8%

Edit: Bryant was at 88.9% the next year (08-09) but then only around 74% the year prior (06-07).

Here's 09's: http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21...isc/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

lol he actually is tied for second on that link, but 7.7% isn't something to write home about really. Melo and Curry also received votes.

I'm surprised Lillard didn't get a single vote. Without looking at the numbers, Westbrook is clutch too IMO.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Don't underrate Rick Carlisle. If he's not 1b to Popovich then he's pretty clearly #2 with no one else being close.
    I'm not. Carlisle is fine. But the only reason I call Pop the GOAT (super difficult for me to do; I rank players in tiers) is because of his versatility as a coach.

Jackson has always had stud players, and always run the same (basically) offense.
    Riley had the "showtime" Lakers, then the defensive-oriented Heat, but they didn't win titles.
    Can't speak for Red or Holzman.

I'm not sure, but Pop is the only coach that I can think of that's won titles with (at least) two distinctly different team philosophies.

NBA sixth man of the year

Kblaze did say Russ that you would use this to support your argument in another topic, even though you were critical of the gm's choices in the other thread.....

But, I think Durant is very clutch actually....

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

In his fairness, Kobe's and LeBron's clutch numbers aren't good either (At least for LeBron in the regular season), but he's not clutch... Few players today I would classify as clutch.

The "Who do you want taking the last shot" is flawed...

Normally you'd want a correct basketball play being run and a shooter taking a somewhat open shot....

Now if you ignore that, go solely ISO situations, self created, then look at all the superstars/high volume guys in these situations, where Dirk/Johnson/Denver Melo have some great percentages...
    An open shot at the end of the game is probably the hardest shot for a role player or even a regular starter to take, HUGE pressure.
    When you have a defender in front of you, adrenaline takes over, that's why people who are the best at it, Kobe, Dirk, MJ, Bird, will always be chosen over guys who choose the "correct basketball play" but not the correct clutch time play

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Kblaze did say Russ that you would use this to support your argument in another topic, even though you were critical of the gm's choices in the other thread.....

But, I think Durant is very clutch actually....
    Russ has to be retarded. Literally ethers himself daily.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

How about you actually check the survey before posting.
    Last edited by navy; 10-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.