Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: We gonna sit here and act like Marcus Smart isn't the steal of this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I def do not see that out of him. He's a poor shooter now and not a good passer. But hey, I'd be happy if he became that good but I don't see it. Great defender though. I think that he's going to have trouble scoring in the NBA and he's not a very good passer. I can't see him becoming a good shooter.
    He is coming in as a 43/30/74 shooter. Wade is a career 49/28/77 shooter. So Smart is already in the neighborhood of that, even assuming he doesn't improve his percentages at all. He averaged almost 2 assists per turnover on a broken college team, so I wouldn't call him a bad passer but he is not a NBA PG in my opinion. And I don't mean to break out the "have you ever seen him play line" but one thing that is certain when I've watched Marcus Smart is that he will be able to score the ball. I can definitely understand your concerns about his overall game though.

Default Re: We gonna sit here and act like Marcus Smart isn't the steal of this draft?

Wade was a historically poor shooter and erratic passer in college as well. Are we re-writing his Marquette days now?

So what are the odds Rondo is going to be traded now? I'm personally not sold on the pick, I wanted Vonleh and I think Rondo/Bradley/Smart, while a nice rotation is all a bit redundant under his current skill set (if all 3 stick around) James Young was a nice pick tho, and if he ends up anything like Wade then I'll happily stand corrected

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

question is who do they get for rondo?

do you want a player who is on his last year and get capspace and maybe be in the lottery again ? or trade rondo for another game changer .. i dont know who but i know that rondo's value is still high in this league.

smart and young is a nice back court to have for the future...

NBA All-star

I think they got him strictly because the Celtics are in the East, and they will soon be dealing with the likes of Wall/Walker, and trying to defend them.

whether or not they can make it work between him and Rondo the way they made it work with him/Tony Allen.

I don't think it'll even be that hard because Rondy is really quite talented. Look for some easy 2 point buckets for Mr. Smart this upcoming season.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Gay + Thomas for Rondo + Green

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I wanna see, at least once, Celts to go for Rondo Bradley Smart Green Olynyk, just because it would be totally unguardable. Horrible defensively but still

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Kyle Anderson is the steal of the draft. Everyone f'ed up.
    This

Harris should also get a mention

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    I wanna see, at least once, Celts to go for Rondo Bradley Smart Green Olynyk, just because it would be totally unguardable. Horrible defensively but still

Nah
    Sick perimiter defense. Many teams go snakker and smaller. Shaw usedvanlig foye at SF plenty of times

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman

He'll make a solid combo guard and his defense adds a lot to his value, because that's what ultimately keeps players on the floor in this league, anything he does on the offensive end will be a bonus.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Wade was a historically poor shooter and erratic passer in college as well. Are we re-writing his Marquette days now?
    Yeah. He really wasn't that great of a prospect coming out. A lot of people had the Heat taking players like Kirk Hinrich over him.

College star

Lance Stephenson knock-off.

Have fun with that.

I hit on 5-footers

Rondo + Bradley + Smart? Surely at least one of them should be on the move, right?