Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant Hires Analytics Expert, Checks Bron's Stats Every Game

How long until Durant realizes Westbrook is really the bad apple?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I tbink he is misguided and it makes me dislike him as a player.
    credited

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Meanwhile, Westbrook shoots another 3.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

this just shows what a fake phony Durant is. On one hand he cares so much about efficiency that he hires his own Manhattan Project crew to keep track of Lebron, on the other hand he acts like he is appreciative of Westbrook's game. Dude needs to keep it straight.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    this just shows what a fake phony Durant is. On one hand he cares so much about efficiency that he hires his own Manhattan Project crew to keep track of Lebron, on the other hand he acts like he is appreciative of Westbrook's game. Dude needs to keep it straight.

Did you just compare the making of atomic bombs to Durant looking at analytics

[COLOR="White"]i fux with it[/COLOR]

so why did he have to hire an analytics expert if he can just look at the box score and know everything?

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

hahahaha

I can't wait to see LeBron and the Heat demolish OKC in the Finals once again.

OP, I think you are misunderstanding KD's use of statistics here. He isn't saying "If lebron has 30/9/8, im gonna get 32/10/9"

He is saying that if lebron has 30 points, he can tell you that 8 of those points were from the line, and 8 points were driving to his right and 4 points were driving to his left and he hit 2 three pointers as well as a jumper from the left and right midrange.

He's saying that if lebron had 8 assists, he will know that 3 of those assists were to Battier on the outside and 2 assists were to D-wade on basket cuts and 2 were to bosh for the left midrange jumpshot while the last to chalmers for a corner 3 off of the double team.

Over time, patterns are revealed. He'll start to see little things in Lebron's game. Any decent basketball player will tell you, it's all about the little things.

There was a time when there wasn't technology such as this and now there is. Durant is taking advantage of it because of his drive to be better. And I think that's really great for anyone who is a fan of this game, we still have a lot of years of Durant left

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Kevin Durant just proved to be a retard.

Doesn't watch the tapes?

Yes... stats are relevant... but they become irrelevant when not also coinciding with the viewing of the game itself.

Why? Because of SITUATIONS. You can't tell what every stat means because ALL situations are DIFFERENT.

Unless it's literally a word by word breakdown of each play saying which player went where and how it effected ball movement, shot selection & how the defenses reacted, what's the point? And if it's that... watch the damn film instead.

The greatest players in any sport or any type of competitive environment whatsoever ALWAYS watch tapes of themselves and others AND ANALYZE EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERY SITUATION.

STATS ARE USELESS WITHOUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT SITUATIONS.

****ING DISGUSTING.

To simply say "LeBron drove the lane and dished out to Battier on the right wing who hit a 3" doesn't mean JACK SHIT without the PROPER SITUATION BEING VISIBLE & EXPLAINABLE TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE.

WATCH THE TAPE YOU LAZY ****.

Here's my gripe... a dude with that much talent should be watching the tape and analyzing his own game more than reading play breakdowns of other players.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

I also guarantee that his stats don't give a breakdown of where all 10 players on the court during any given play... they all have an effect on how a play works itself out. Like I said... useless without watching the games.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Is he preparing to shut lebron down in the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    The portion I posted references SI as to where the quote originated. Thanks.
    So? You're giving traffic to an undeserving site.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by K.Koscik
    OP, I think you are misunderstanding KD's use of statistics here. He isn't saying "If lebron has 30/9/8, im gonna get 32/10/9"

He is saying that if lebron has 30 points, he can tell you that 8 of those points were from the line, and 8 points were driving to his right and 4 points were driving to his left and he hit 2 three pointers as well as a jumper from the left and right midrange.

He's saying that if lebron had 8 assists, he will know that 3 of those assists were to Battier on the outside and 2 assists were to D-wade on basket cuts and 2 were to bosh for the left midrange jumpshot while the last to chalmers for a corner 3 off of the double team.

Over time, patterns are revealed. He'll start to see little things in Lebron's game. Any decent basketball player will tell you, it's all about the little things.

There was a time when there wasn't technology such as this and now there is. Durant is taking advantage of it because of his drive to be better. And I think that's really great for anyone who is a fan of this game, we still have a lot of years of Durant left
    Never said, or insinuated that. I posed a question as to whether KD's somewhat obsession....or just, over-awareness let's say....with statistics (which isn't indicated so much here, but throughout the last few seasons in interviews and such) is a hinderance to his game, or if it improves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    So? You're giving traffic to an undeserving site.
    Mhmm hmm. Mhmm hmmm. What else?

Durant wants to be the best..to me thats great.