Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default can't think of a less exciting top draft pick than Julius Randle

really disappointed that Lakers went with him instead of ucla product zach lavine or vonleh. Already can see Randle's entire career trajectory in a nutshell, undersized smaller zach randolph without nearly as much finesse or size, plays below the rim like it's still the 80s and have no jumper to compensate.

Hopefully he gets packaged with steve nash and traded out of him. dont want to see him in purple and gold period. Dude's a flat out bust, this year's anthony bennett.

Jim Buss is trying so hard to recreate the 80s showtime lakers, dude has completely lost touch with modern NBA.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: can't think of a less exciting top draft pick than Julius Randle

Randle was a great pick with great value at 7

He led his team to the title game as a freshman.

He is exactly what the Lakers needed from this draft.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    really disappointed that Lakers went with him instead of ucla product zach lavine or vonleh

Banned

randle will be way better than lavine

Julius Randle Goes Coast-to-Coast for #SCtop10 Du

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Lmao @ wanting LaBum and Vonleh over Randle.

Banned

There Is no better rookie to work under Kobes tutelage.. Bryant is Randals idol. If anything he will work harder just to get Kobes approval. Plus, his aggressive nature and competitive attitude is not something you can inculcate in a player... They either got it or they don't. Everything else, the Laker staff will start working with him and will aid him in all the facets in which hes deficient.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

You Drunk OP

Obviously outside the big 4, I had this guy next in my top 5. Guy is NBA ready and is a beast, can come in now and command a double. Guy is MEAN on the low block. Back to the basket, guy has a soft touch too. I like it. Just what we needed. Kid wil be a stud, mark my words.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson
    never draft based on NCAA performance, always based on how thier abilities would translate to the NBA

Randle can dominate the lower levels but his game is not made for the pros

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    never draft based on NCAA performance, always based on how thier abilities would translate to the NBA

Randle can dominate the lower levels but his game is not made for the pros
    There's a long line of NBA people that think you're full of sh*t on this topic

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Obviously outside the big 4, I had this guy next in my top 5. Guy is NBA ready and is a beast, can come in now and command a double. Guy is MEAN on the low block. Back to the basket, guy has a soft touch too. I like it. Just what we needed. Kid wil be a stud, mark my words.
    Agree with this. Although he is a tweener he can be effective.

Paul Millsap size guy with more athleticism...

NBA All-star

does that mean we'll start seeing Aaron Gordon billboards all over Orlando?

Randle was a safe pick for us. He will at worst be a solid starter in this league and at best he's a 20/10 guy.

People here say that he sucks or that he's going to bust because he can't shoot that well -- I don't think that will be an issue. He's basically the same size as D12 and if D12 can score 17-19 points a game without any shooting ability, so can Randle. What he might not have in athletic ability, he makes up well for it with his toughness inside and his strength to bully the defenders in the low post.

Hindsight is 20/20, but we picked a top 5 prospect that did really well in college and who has a very respectable skillset. It was the safest pick we could have made.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

You're most likely not gonna get a superstar player at #7. Randle is a safe pick. Good rebounder, good inside presence. Good fit next to Kobe.