Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: so the consensus was Stephen Curry should've been FMVP right?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    BRAWN shot like shit the whole playoffs, stymieing his rudimentary iso offensive game pose to be impressive now? ion care nothing about goofy platitudes like "showing heart" (hell does that even mean?), when it comes to quantifying value, I conceive of it this way;

Remove each player what's the likelihood of victory in that series?

Remove Steph Warriors lose that Finals GUARANTEED

Remove Iggy Warriors more than likely still win, prohibitive faves

you finna sit there and try to argue to me that frickin andre igoudala was more valuable than Steph? phuck outta here
    I didnt say I thought iggy was better than steph.. only provided reasoning for why they gave it to iggy.

And, no w/o Iggy they wouldve lost or barely scraped it out. Do people not realize the cavs were up 2-1, and games were close? Iggy was the only one stepping up in the time they looked shook, this was a team with no experience or veteran presence that was visibly playing scared in their first Finals.. Iggy really got them over the mental hurdle.

Will be funny to see Lebron23 meltdown and hide back in his cave after 2/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    Will be funny to see Lebron23 meltdown and hide back in his cave after 2/7.

I am mentally tougher than you. Besides basketball is just a kid's game. And I put my money on a healthy Cavaliers team winning the NBA title this year. I am going to bet $200 Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I am mentally tougher than you. Besides basketball is just a kid's game. And I put my money on a healthy Cavaliers team winning the NBA title this year.
    Warriors & Spurs both >>>>>>> healthy Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I cannot wait to see Curry, and the Warriors fall back to earth. You and the rest of these annoying bandwagoners are going to disappear in this forum.

No need to Be Poido'd.
    Who says Curry is going to singlehandedly win the chip? I'm not a CurryStan im a warriors fan. I understands Stephs limitations and the team as a whole is more fun to watch.

But ok.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I didnt say I thought iggy was better than steph.. only provided reasoning for why they gave it to iggy.

And, no w/o Iggy they wouldve lost or barely scraped it out. Do people not realize the cavs were up 2-1, and games were close? Iggy was the only one stepping up in the time they looked shook, this was a team with no experience or veteran presence that was visibly playing scared in their first Finals.. Iggy really got them over the mental hurdle.
    what! by hitting wide open shots created from the cavs continually choosing to trap steph 35 feet away from the basket?

you keep reiterating these silly platitudes like they mean something, dude imma say it again...no steph, NO chance.....ZERO

unless you disagree with that we are done here, you're a sensible guy so I know you dont

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    Warriors & Spurs both >>>>>>> healthy Cavs.

We already beat the Spurs 2-3 weeks ago. Show us some respect.

I personally thought he was gonna take it, putting up something like 26/5/5? But Iggy did a great job against LeBron and all the hype over it gave him the FMVP (which I have no qualms with )

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Bron's shooting percentage from the first 3 games where they were up 2-1, and the next 3 games where they went 0-3 only changed by 1% total.
    So clearly the difference wasn't as big as some make it out to be in terms of effecting his efficiency in shooting.

You know what did change though? Curry. He started playing better.

Igoudala for FMVP was the biggest joke ever. Curry was quite comfortably the best player over the last 3 games.

I'm not saying Iggy shouldn't have won, but I feel like the people who keep saying Steph had less of an impact / only played good in like 2 games really didn't watch the series...

Steph was getting doubled the second he crossed the half court line on at least a third of all his possessions IIRC

In terms of actual positive on-court impact, Curry was far and away the most valuable member of the winning team in the Finals. I would've voted for him even if his performance wasn't as valuable as LeBron's. Iggy, at best, was 3rd, but that's not to take away from what he did. He's just not Stephen Curry. The whole "Curry didn't win FMVP so he isn't that good" is so stupid and I actually can't believe that "0/11" crap is still being seriously said by his detractors.

There is no one in the NBA who is even remotely on LeBron or Curry's tier. No one. Short answer, yes, Steph should have been FMVP.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    In terms of actual positive on-court impact, Curry was far and away the most valuable member of the winning team in the Finals. I would've voted for him even if his performance wasn't as valuable as LeBron's. Iggy, at best, was 3rd, but that's not to take away from what he did. He's just not Stephen Curry. The whole "Curry didn't win FMVP so he isn't that good" is so stupid and I actually can't believe that "0/11" crap is still being seriously said by his detractors..

IMO it doesn't even matter, each of the Warriors were pivotal to their success. I actually thought Iggy getting the Finals MVP was just everything coming into full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    Lebron fans still mad at 2/6 even after 8 months. Don't worry 2/6 will feel like heaven when 2/7 happens in June.

Savage

Yes, Curry got screwed, not unusual.