Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Hawks are gonna shock yall

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Is this nikka even a hawkfan? It's tiring hearing you shitting on your own team. If you actually watched Hawks basketball, you saw that Lou Will could actually be a good PG off the bench.
    Lou Williams is NOT at PG. I repeat... NOT a PG. Not as a starter or a backup.

You put him in at PG and you have ISO Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Lou Williams is NOT at PG. I repeat... NOT a PG. Not as a starter or a backup.

You put him in at PG and you have ISO Lou.
    I feel like you'd rather brag about how u right the hawks suck vs. watch them win. Like what would you do if Atlanta won a championship? Would you cry yourself to sleep because you live for bashing them? Bashing ATL is ur life bro. Thats literally all you do. It's unreal. Dead a$$ serious i know you wont answer because you scared of confrontation but why the fu*k is ur named Hotlantadude when u don't even like the hawks. Are you a heat fan in disguise?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Only Josh Smith and Al Horford are legit starters on that team. You could argue that Josh Smith wouldn't be a starter on a team with championship goals also because he is undersized at the 4 and he has poor handles and shooting and losses a lot of effectiveness on the defensive end if he plays the 3.

Jeff Teague... His PG skills are below average, at 12PPG he is an average scorer and his defense is hit or miss. Sometimes he is decent and sometimes not. The fact that One season wonder Devin Harris could push him for the starting job at this stage of his career speaks volumes.
    Devin is going to play?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    I feel like you'd rather brag about how u right the hawks suck vs. watch them win. Like what would you do if Atlanta won a championship? Would you cry yourself to sleep because you live for bashing them? Bashing ATL is ur life bro. Thats literally all you do. It's unreal. Dead a$$ serious i know you wont answer because you scared of confrontation but why the fu*k is ur named Hotlantadude when u don't even like the hawks. Are you a heat fan in disguise?
    I actually don't post here that often. I have not posted here a lot in maybe a year or more.

I'll be pissed until the team is on the path to the title picture. This team... As undermanned as it is, it has a chance to win enough games to sneak in the playoffs in the east. For just a while I was gaining excitement. But you know... Tonight I was watching the Lakers preseason game and it's like... This franchise (The Hawks) is such a joke that even the hometown guys don't want to come here and stay. It pisses me off that The Lakers once again get the big prize (Howard) while Hawk fans are supposed to be overjoyed that we get Lou Williams and Devin Harris. And Danny Ferry. We're supposed to put faith in a guy that not only was a failure of a player, but he failed to put quality pieces around Lebron in Cleveland. And now we're supposed to believe he can fix this franchise?

I think Teague is a good player and I base most of it on how he played in the playoffs the year before. The guy came on. I do think he needs a different guard alongside him. Getting rid of Joe Johnson for nothing was pretty incredible.

Horford and Smith might be undersized, but if they run they can be very good. However, I'd have been on the horn to OKC and pushed for Harden. On a team that doesn't move the ball (much of it due to Johnson) a guy like Harden makes a difference. And they could try and focus on maybe a more fitting C alongside Smith...or maybe even give Howard a reason to come home.

As for this season...Stevenson should probably start at the 3. Offensively, he does nothing, he may as well stand in the corner as a SF. Defensively, it's the same for him. He gives you defense and a spot up shooter.

Korver cannot be a starter. Especially not as a SF.

And on Lou Williams...PG or SG, whatever. He's a combo guard off the bench, who gets buckets. That's all you need from him. I actually think Harris is an ideal situation, because he does the same thing. Those two can run the 2nd unit pretty well. Whether or not Korver is a good mix with those guys remains to be seen. But it's not bad and they certainly have a shot at the playoffs. And they're better going forward than they were with Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    lol hawks. more like the pigeons

I almost burst out laughing in class you mfer!

Kyle is gonna be the 3 pt god of the league. He's gonna lead the league at an amazing 46% 3pt%. Expect big things from him come 3 pt shoot out.

Kyle Korver: 46% from 3 this year

Kyle Korver: 46% from 3 this year
    Ugh, cool man.

They didn't really shock anyone, though. Same ol' Hawks.

did not read, whats with the rose pic

Damn I was shocked how they went out so easily in the first round.

My prediction before the season:

Too many new pieces to not suffer chemistry issues in the beginning. I think they will finish with between 38-44 wins assuming that they remain fairly healthy.

PG: Jeff Teague: 13.5 PPG, 3 RPG and 5 APG on 45% shooting
    SG: Devin Harris: 13 PPG, 4 APG on 44% shooting
    SF:Josh Smith: 17 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 4 APG on 43% shooting
    PF:Al Horford: 18 PPG, 9RPG, 3 APG on 50% shooting
    C:ZaZa: 6.5 PPG, 7 RPG

6th man: Lou Williams: 13 PPG, 3 APG on 43% shooting 34% 3pt
    7th man: Ivan Johnson: 6 PPG, 5 RPG on 48% shooting
    8th man: Kyle Korver: 6PPG on 45% shooting and 42% 3pt

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/.../atlanta-hawks

It turns out Teague was more productive than I expected and Josh and Al shot better than I expected. I didn't figure on Korver starting either.

The chemistry issues apparently popped up more in the second half of the season though.