Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Melo is looking like an MVP candidate folks..

Looks like someone forgot that the Knicks suck and Melo is a very distant 3rd best at his position.

preseason overreaction is like premature ejaculation. dont embarrasss yourself like the OP did folks. the shit is hard to clean up.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I never knew MVPs were based off some hypothetical ranking relative to the position you play.
    The MVP season Rose was first-team All-NBA. Some may not have put him that high up but he was the consensus top pg in the game. So what's your point?

Samurai Swoosh

Well that's my point. The MVP doesn't by default go to the best player in the NBA. It goes to the player on a team that is at the top or near the top, and had the most impact for that team.
    Glad we agree then, bro.

I didn't know if you were one of those bitter NYC / Miami / LeBron fans about D. Rose's well deserved MVP, and were throwing jabs at him.

I was saying the same thing last year, but then he underperformed in the first half of the season. He may find himself in the discussion this season, but I don't think he can win it.

Durant should have it locked. And if it weren't for Wade's injuries last year (where Bosh and Chalmers stepped up more than Lebron), he would have won it last year, too.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Durant should have it locked. And if it weren't for Wade's injuries last year (where Bosh and Chalmers stepped up more than Lebron), he would have won it last year, too.
    Totally agree. Without Wade's injury plagued season, I don't think it's a done deal LeBron would've won. The media at that point would've wanted to get the award in the hands of a young, uncorrupted, and loyal Kevin Durant. Even if he's not unquestionably the best player on his team, either.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Glad we agree then, bro.

I didn't know if you were one of those bitter NYC / Miami / LeBron fans about D. Rose's well deserved MVP, and were throwing jabs at him.
    /snicker at "Rose's well deserved MVP".

The Spurs had the lock on the best regular season record until Duncan, then Ginobili and Parker got injured in the last 12 games of the regular season, limping in at 4-8 in that stretch.

Had the Spurs been healthy, they'd have won about 65-66 games and Rose wouldn't have been in the picture. Since the best player on the best team didn't have even a top 10 player, the award would have gone to Dwight or Lebron.

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Peope been saying this since 09, he will underachieve as uasual.

Local High School Star

MVP is the award for a season. That means 7 months. Please don't judge from a few preseason games. Melo can go off for a week or even a month or two but he has never been consistent throughout a full season.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    http://knicksnow.com/videos/1776/kni...-celtics-in-ot

Wow............he and the Knicks look sharp and in shape in those highlights. Look at the ball movement. Bringing in all those vets could be working.

Melos game has been devastated by the departure of Lin. Lin just made Melo much better, as a basketball player and a person.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Melos game has been devastated by the departure of Lin. Lin just made Melo much better, as a basketball player and a person.
    stfu

It's preseason. I see things i like and things i don't. MVP?

Local High School Star

i dont see Melo winning MVP ever.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    I've seen this thread every offseason for the last 5-6 years.
    This

And i might have made 3 of them. But i'm starting to think Melo will never get it

I remember right after the "Decision", people were saying Lebron would never win another MVP because playing with Wade and Bosh would take away votes from him. Now he is a near lock, and it's silly to think anyone other than he or Durant will win.

I remember also that Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, and Derrick Rose were all HUGE favorites to win it the year that they did.
    Well he's not playing with the same Wade and Bosh anymore so his MVP was deserved. If Wade returns back to 2011 level and they win under 65 games than he should have no case for mvp. If Wade is healthy than Melo is clearly more valuable to the Knicks than Lebron is to the Heat.