Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Default Can someone tell Gasol he's a 7'1 Center

The fcuk is wrong with this dude jacking up more perimeters then shots in the paint. So far the 7 games Lakers have played Pau has been positioning himself around the perimeter waiting for an open catch & shoot ala jodie meeks. Pau instead should be posting up in the paint where he belongs create opportunities with an option to play inside out he hasn't been the Gasol when the Lakers won back to back titles in 09' & 10.

I understand Antoni likes to play small ball and most of them are perimeter designed players already looking to jack'em up last I checked Lakers were 6th in the league in 3 point attempts. Outside of Hill and Kamen we have no one to throw the ball inside to at least Kamen mixes up more post ups then Gasol. Ever since Pau's fiance left him 2 years ago he's never regained his championship form he seems reluctant to play the post. I know Pau is not a banger like his brother Marc but he still needs to mix it up in the paint more often then not. Someone needs to yank Pau by the ears drag him inside and tell him his perimeter act is getting old and not to shy away from the basket! Is anyone observing Pau's more often perimeter shots vs his points in the paint?

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone tell Gasoft he's a 7'1 Center

Quote Originally Posted by Da Kobester
    The fcuk is wrong with this dude jacking up more perimeters then shots in the paint. So far the 7 games Lakers have played Pau has been positioning himself around the perimeter waiting for an open catch & shoot ala jodie meeks. Pau instead should be posting up in the paint where he belongs create opportunities with an option to play inside out he hasn't been the Gasol when the Lakers won back to back titles in 09' & 10.

I understand Antoni likes to play small ball and most of them are perimeter designed players already looking to jack'em up last I checked Lakers were 6th in the league in 3 point attempts. Outside of Hill and Kamen we have no one to throw the ball inside to at least Kamen mixes up more post ups then Gasol. Ever since Pau's fiance left him 2 years ago he's never regained his championship form he seems reluctant to play the post. I know Pau is not a banger like his brother Marc but he still needs to mix it up in the paint more often then not. Someone needs to yank Pau by the ears drag him inside and tell him his perimeter act is getting old and not to shy away from the basket! Is anyone observing Pau's more often perimeter shots vs his points in the paint?
    He's thinks he's Dirk!!! His D is like Dirk's (useless!). Guys drive right at him
    and he steps away......

He had the one great game, but he's been pretty soft as you say....

Home of the 16

Default Re: Can someone tell Gasoft he's a 7'1 Center

[LIST][COLOR="Purple"]Official Pau Gasol THREAD[/COLOR][/LIST]

Thread Closed.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-28-2013 at 04:21 AM.