Default Turning up and playing at venice or Rucker

Hey Fellas,

I'm heading to the USA for a trip in Feb, just wondering can you just rock up and play a pick up game at venice and rucker off the street? I play a bit i'm 6'6 play hard. Or you gotta be a uncle drew semi pro to play there haha? just be good to get some experience playing alongside some good dudes at the famous streetball courts or is it not even like that...?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Turning up and playing at venice or Rucker

I've never played at Rucker but I do live on the east coast and I never played much outside in February. There's snow on the court or it's too windy or too cold or anything like that. Everyone plays indoor at the Y or PAL or Boys Club or wherever there's a gym. Dunno about Venice. Been there but never balled there.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I've never played at Rucker but I do live on the east coast and I never played much outside in February. There's snow on the court or it's too windy or too cold or anything like that. Everyone plays indoor at the Y or PAL or Boys Club or wherever there's a gym. Dunno about Venice. Been there but never balled there.

Where abouts are those places man? sounds like a good plan thats me rock up for games, best way to get there?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
    Hey Fellas,

I'm heading to the USA for a trip in Feb, just wondering can you just rock up and play a pick up game at venice and rucker off the street? I play a bit i'm 6'6 play hard. Or you gotta be a uncle drew semi pro to play there haha? just be good to get some experience playing alongside some good dudes at the famous streetball courts or is it not even like that...?
    you can just walk up and play.

you should be fine at venice, but good luck finding a game at West 4th at this time of year.

Golden State Aster*sks

Why the **** would you want to play basketball during your vacation? What's wrong, are there no basketball rims over there in Australia?

NBA Superstar

I played at Rucker this past April. Outside of summer it's kind of like any other random court. It wasn't actually in super condition at the time - one of the rims was slightly egg-shaped like a carnival.

Very good NBA starter

I went to Venice beach this summer and saw like a group of pro looking dunkers. between the legs easy as fvck

Then i saw them shoot and dribble, now i know why they only dunk

i went to LA a few summers ago and literally walked up and started playing. no fuss. Probably the same in NY.

Only reason you might not be able to play is if there is a tournament or something.