Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

First of all, the fact that Curry didn't receive a single vote for finals MVP is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately, most people don't have a very high basketball intellect. If you watched the games closely, you would notice Curry received more defensive attention than anyone on the floor...INCLUDING Bran. They would literally double Curry hard if a pick was set near mid-court. When Curry was trapped, he would continuously find an open man and the possessions continuously led to open shots for the Warriors. Curry didn't get a ton of assists, but the attention he received led to the game being opened up for his teammates. I have NEVER seen a player trapped and doubled so hard so far away from the basket. Curry's numbers suffered, but his IMPACT was visible to the trained eye.

Curry was the finals MVP.

And Bran getting 4 votes was unbelievable. 39% on 33 shots a game, 28% from beyond 5 feet, and 33% in 4th quarters. His team lost 4-2. It's not like it went down to a close game 7. Listen, Bran did what he could do and was outnumbered, but he definitely did not deserve any finals MVP votes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

The Media Hype Train for LeBron is real

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    The Media Hype Train for LeBron is real
    who is l james

I agree but iggy winning FMVP makes for a more compelling story.

Iggy has a case and he deserved it, but Curry not recieving a single vote was just ridiculous. The guy who chuck 35 shots to score 36 and is unclutch got votes. Meanwhile Curry who is GSW go to guy in clutch didn't recieve a single vote. This is just garbage voting from the media.

Honestly Curry should've won it imo.

Probably because he got his lunch money took that one game. He probably deserved votes.

Gotta give credits to iggy too. Dude was a legit pro. Humble and professional man

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Lebron shrinks and make FMVP's like no other

Agreed.

Very good NBA starter

i would given it to curry as well (though i think iggy has a great case), but i don't get why people act like he was drawing a ridiculous amount of defensive coverage compared to some other superstars. i've definitely seen other series where a superstar was seeing a similar amount of defensive attention.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I loved Iggy's series. It was an amazing display from a player that didn't start a game until the NBA finals. (Good adjustment by Kerr) Iggy, in ISO situations, really handled Bran. Iggy not only defended well, he was big offensively. GREAT series from him.

I just think the overall impact Curry had was understated, overlooked, and unappreciated.

0 votes is ridiculous. I think he was punished for those 2 subpar games he had. Voters expected him to light up the depleted Cavs but it didn't happen. I honestly think Lebron had a better case than Iggy. It should've been either Curry or Lebron before Iggy. With all due respect to Iggy's 1 on 1 defense which really dictated the series, Lebron couldn't hit open jumpers.

0/11

All to make a Lebron-centered story, most casual fans probably didn't even know who Iggy was before the Finals.

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

0/11