Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Melo's weight loss

Just thought I'd get your thought on this. I think everyone has probably seen the pics by now.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/14/how-car...l-that-weight/

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Melo's weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Just thought I'd get your thought on this. I think everyone has probably seen the pics by now.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/14/how-car...l-that-weight/
    Now he wants to be a leader?

Now he wants to be in tip top shape?

This has always been one of my strongest gripes with this guy. This is why I never thought of him the way some other fans do. I know the market dictates what a player can make but I never wanted this guy at max money.

I'm so offended and embarrassed and angry by these statements even though its from the trainer but its just facts. What has this guy been since he's been on the roster?

[COLOR="White"]Can anyone justify this guys sentiment?[/COLOR]

Maybe I'm too old school to respect this type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

This has always been one of my strongest gripes with this guy. This is why I never thought of him the way some other fans do. I know the market dictates what a player can make but I never wanted this guy at max money.

I'm so offended and embarrassed and angry by these statements even though its from the trainer but its just facts. What has this guy been since he's been on the roster?

not too old school. Too media gullible. It's the liberal way.

#1 It's from the trainer.
    #2 Was he not in shape last year? He lost weight last offseason as well. He did play more minutes per game than any other player in the league.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I'll give him the chance to erase alot of my thoughts of him by being the player his skillset entails.

The weight loss is meh to me, he's done it before, I'm more conerned in how he plays.

A more efficient, quicker decision making Melo is a better player.....better for him individually and the team itself.

He's on the verge of being the highest paid NBA player really soon, it needs to translate on the court as well.

I have no doubts he'll try to set the tone, I want to see him continue to do it when the team isnt winning games as well. thats when leadership is tested.

The new Carmelo Anthony wants to be the consummate leader this season. And according to his trainer, that

Krust Kingz

#1 It's from the trainer.
    #2 Was he not in shape last year? He lost weight last offseason as well. He did play more minutes per game than any other player in the league.
    I said its from his trainer...????

You dont think Melo said this to his trainer or implied it? You think this some made up story?

Could it be that he finally has a peer in Phil Jackson? Phil did say he believed Melo had "another gear".

I'm glad he got his money. I like the kid; we could have done much worse
    I think he will surprise some people this season.

The weight loss will help in preventing injuries.

I'm just not understanding how, the one guy who actually had a productive year and played on an allstar level, loses even more weight to try and improve despite being a veteran....and that's a bad thing.

I sat and watched Tyson Chandler not add ANYTHING to is game and tried to fool people by shooting a few jumpshots in the beginning of the season.

I watched fat ass Raymond Felton get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Honestly, outside of Shumpert's jumpshot, I can't remember the last time a Knick not named Carmelo added anything significant to their game. To me, this showed leadership. Not "look at me in the camera being a rah rah guy" leadership. It shows "lead by example" leadership. This is also coupled with the team bonding he did when he brought the young fellaz to PR with him for his charity event. Something he also did last year.

I'm just not understanding how, the one guy who actually had a productive year and played on an allstar level, loses even more weight to try and improve despite being a veteran....and that's a bad thing.

I sat and watched Tyson Chandler not add ANYTHING to is game and tried to fool people by shooting a few jumpshots in the beginning of the season.

Honestly, outside of Shumpert's jumpshot, I can't remember the last time a Knick not named Carmelo added anything significant to their game. To me, this showed leadership. Not "look at me in the camera being a rah rah guy" leadership. It shows "lead by example" leadership. This is also coupled with the team bonding he did when he brought the young fellaz to PR with him for his charity event. Something he also did last year.
    We have some good players in my estimation. They have not been properly coached, nor have they had a solid direction in place. This team gets dumped on all the time because it has been mis-managed to death. It's why I get a little hot in the main forums - if the new coach with his boss gets the max out of these dudes come playing time, we're not going to be a joke anymore.

I dig what you said about Chandler's "jumper". Where DID that go come playing time. I won't forgive that cat for quitting mid-season.

Krust Kingz

So basically everything you typed has nothing to do with anything I wrote really.

Subject Matter Reminder:

MELO'S Leadership

MELO getting in Shape

I'm not talking about other players. Dont bring other players in this topic because they arent the highest paid player on the team. They are not considered the franchise player. You wouldnt think mentioning Durant, Kobe, LBJ etc etc in comparison to Melo then dont bring in the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    We have some good players in my estimation. They have not been properly coached, nor have they had a solid direction in place. This team gets dumped on all the time because it has been mis-managed to death. It's why I get a little hot in the main forums - if the new coach with his boss gets the max out of these dudes come playing time, we're not going to be a joke anymore.

I dig what you said about Chandler's "jumper". Where DID that go come playing time. I won't forgive that cat for quitting mid-season.
    I dont think we can say we have good players per say, outside of Melo what players on the Knicks would start for half of the other NBA teams in the league?

I totally get how bad coaching and terrible teammates can bring Melo's production and effectiveness down. Thats a reasonable assertion.

None of this really has to do with his leadership or getting into shape.

So basically everything you typed has nothing to do with anything I wrote really.

Subject Matter Reminder:

MELO'S Leadership

MELO getting in Shape

I'm not talking about other players. Dont bring other players in this topic because they arent the highest paid player on the team. They are not considered the franchise player. You wouldnt think mentioning Durant, Kobe, LBJ etc etc in comparison to Melo then dont bring in the other players.

I dont think we can say we have good players per say, outside of Melo what players on the Knicks would start for half of the other NBA teams in the league?

I totally get how bad coaching and terrible teammates can bring Melo's production and effectiveness down. Thats a reasonable assertion.

None of this really has to do with his leadership or getting into shape.
    How are you gonna remind me of the subject matter when I startd the thread?

And Amare is the highest paid player on the team until the season starts

Furthermore, if nothing I said had anything to do with what you said, as you suggested, then how did you figure I was responding to you? I didn't quote you or anything, so obviously......ah nvm.

Krust Kingz

How are you gonna remind me of the subject matter when I startd the thread?

And Amare is the highest paid player on the team until the season starts

Furthermore, if nothing I said had anything to do with what you said, as you suggested, then how did you figure I was responding to you? I didn't quote you or anything, so obviously......ah nvm.
    Because you replied specifically to what I said.... Not your great and wonderful start of a thread

Like I said I know it came from the trainer so there is some truth to it and its probably something that was said innocently but for me....

I never believed he exhibited leadership nor do I believe he did everything he could to be great physically. This does not mean he wasnt a leader in the locker room because I'm not there nor anyone else posting here. HOWEVER, you can tell by the actions of other players in most situations who is listened to and respected.

He has logged the most minutes last year always top 5 probably since being with the Knicks. He was playing out of position. These things I know but that does not mean he was in top peak shape. I even can give his 4th quarter inefficiency and 0-12 game winning/tying shots (I think thats what it was for 2014.)

This statement article confirms 1 of my biggest gripes with being the MAX paid player on the Knicks. Its what I want to see as a fan. Hold teammates accountable, get this team on your back, quote Melo first and let the other players tote that line, get in the other players a$$ especially his a$$hole bestie JR.
    Last edited by Rameek; 08-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.

So I guess this is a bad time to remind you that LeBron and D Wade lost weight as well?

I don't know. I just see things differently. I'm about people holding themselves accountable. If a guy sucks, I'm not about to say "hey the max player on the team isn't a leader. He should be "making everyone better." I'm going to say "dude...you suck." I know I'm in the minority in that mindset but I think you get paid big bucks to be a big time player. I personally think leadership in the NBA is overblown and a cop out to role players who don't aggressively work on their games in the offseason. These are grown men. They get checks as well. I can't speak for you, but I don't even make the league minimum at my job. Nobody should have to get on you for you to do what you get paid for.

As for his 4th quarter efficiency, it needs to improve. BUT....let's not act like Mike Woodson ever hand any competent offensive gameplanning late in games. Every time it was "here Melo....dribble the clock down and go one on 4." Before Mike Woodson, Melo NEVER had any issues making clutch baskets. Agreed?

Krust Kingz

So I guess this is a bad time to remind you that LeBron and D Wade lost weight as well?

I don't know. I just see things differently. I'm about people holding themselves accountable. If a guy sucks, I'm not about to say "hey the max player on the team isn't a leader. He should be "making everyone better." I'm going to say "dude...you suck." I know I'm in the minority in that mindset but I think you get paid big bucks to be a big time player. I personally think leadership in the NBA is overblown and a cop out to role players who don't aggressively work on their games in the offseason. These are grown men. They get checks as well. I can't speak for you, but I don't even make the league minimum at my job. Nobody should have to get on you for you to do what you get paid for.

As for his 4th quarter efficiency, it needs to improve. BUT....let's not act like Mike Woodson ever hand any competent offensive gameplanning late in games. Every time it was "here Melo....dribble the clock down and go one on 4." Before Mike Woodson, Melo NEVER had any issues making clutch baskets. Agreed?
    So you there isnt any stock in leadership and holding other teammates accountable?

So what is a franchise player then?