Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    themonster
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Blake Griffin vs Kevin Durant vs Derrick Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Willkill24
    no Allen Iverson is top 5 player of all time.
    No he's not he's overrated as **** Jennings will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    do you really think that

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    Griffin will never be a top 5 player in the league. He is Shawn Kemp 2.0 or Amare minus a jumpshot/free throw shooting with better rebounding.

Durant is clearly the best of these 3 and this thread is a joke
    Amare didn't have a jump shot in his rookie year either not only that Griffin is a way better rebounder he's already one of the best in the NBA i could see him averaging 15 a game. Griffin is a better passer, ball handler, is stronger, and plays so much harder than Amare. You don't think a player averaging 21 and 12 in his rookie year will be a top 5 player.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    Griffin will never be a top 5 player in the league. He is Shawn Kemp 2.0 or Amare minus a jumpshot/free throw shooting with better rebounding.

Durant is clearly the best of these 3 and this thread is a joke
    I agree that neither will be as good as Durant, though I haven't seen much of Rose this year.

Blake's scoring and rebounding numbers are nice, but he'll have to learn to block more than half a shot per game and make an impact defensively before I'll consider him elite because I don't see him being a good enough scorer to be top 5 on just that and rebounding.

Dwight Howard might be a top 3 player but theres a good chance Griffin Rose and Durant are better than him he also depends on his athleticism a lot.
    Where will Dwight's athleticism have gone in 3-4 years? The guy is extremely durable and he's in great shape. He'll still have a huge athletic advantage over just about any big man barring a major injury.

Plus, Dwight seems to have improved his skills a lot this season, give him a few more years and he could be even better. He's still only 25, most players peak around 27-28, sometimes a bit later.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

It's the body control that makes Blake Griffin so amazing. People shouldn't compare him to anyone, because nobody at that size and athleticism has ever been able to control their body so well. Blake can do spinning reverse dunks and he's 250 pounds. Shawn Kemp can't touch this guys athletcism. He had the hops and the power but not the agility.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I agree that neither will be as good as Durant, though I haven't seen much of Rose this year.

Blake's scoring and rebounding numbers are nice, but he'll have to learn to block more than half a shot per game and make an impact defensively before I'll consider him elite because I don't see him being a good enough scorer to be top 5 on just that and rebounding.
    its his first 20 games. durants in his 4th season and his defense is still pretty terrible at times, and yet he's already putting up as good or better numbers.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

Blake Griffin is extremely hard to score on. His defense is not something I would criticize just because he's not getting blocks.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Svendiggity
    Blake Griffin is extremely hard to score on. His defense is not something I would criticize just because he's not getting blocks.
    His defense is better than statistics suggest, I agree. He's leading that team in defensive win shares right now. But that team is also allowing 104+ points a game, which is obviously not good... But people need not forget that blocks aren't everything, even PF's like Barkley and Malone were not really big-time shot blockers. Karl Malone in his MVP seasons averaged 0.6 BPG, and Barkley averaged just 1.0 BPG in his. Griffin needs to improve on playing the passing lanes though, disrupt more passes into the post. From what I've seen from him (assuming he continues to improve, gains experience), he could be more valuable than both Durant and Rose, IMO. And I'm a big Durant fan.

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

i think Griffin will be a monster! Durant a scoring machine and rose a top 3 PG.

Durant needs to become more rounded to become the best player. Griffin has a LOT of work to do to become the best. but at this stage he is a beast and there is no reason to think he wont improve year by year. Rose has it toughest because he is at PG where CP3 and D-will will always be elite. he has the most work to do, as he has to pass those two to begin with. He needs a jump shot and get better at defending.

However with Boozer in the team now, we could well see his assist numbers spike. But he does need to continue to improve his Jump Shot.

IMO its hard to say how good Griffin will be after just 20 games. Thats why at this stage i have him at three. And rose has a lot further to go than Durant, who is already a top 7 player. so i have to go with

Durant
    Rose
    Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234

Where will Dwight's athleticism have gone in 3-4 years? The guy is extremely durable and he's in great shape. He'll still have a huge athletic advantage over just about any big man barring a major injury.

Plus, Dwight seems to have improved his skills a lot this season, give him a few more years and he could be even better. He's still only 25, most players peak around 27-28, sometimes a bit later.
    He will be a top 10 player at 29 or 30 but he won't be a top 3 he'll probably be
    less athletic but he'll still be good but not amazing like now.

Quote Originally Posted by sosolid4u09
    i think Griffin will be a monster! Durant a scoring machine and rose a top 3 PG.

Durant needs to become more rounded to become the best player. Griffin has a LOT of work to do to become the best. but at this stage he is a beast and there is no reason to think he wont improve year by year. Rose has it toughest because he is at PG where CP3 and D-will will always be elite. he has the most work to do, as he has to pass those two to begin with. He needs a jump shot and get better at defending.

However with Boozer in the team now, we could well see his assist numbers spike. But he does need to continue to improve his Jump Shot.

IMO its hard to say how good Griffin will be after just 20 games. Thats why at this stage i have him at three. And rose has a lot further to go than Durant, who is already a top 7 player. so i have to go with

Durant
    Rose
    Griffin
    This would be the safest list because Durants already proven but if its based on potential
    Griffin
    Rose
    Durant

do you really think that
    no flipping way mate. A.I one of the best scorers of the decade. How on earth can you say jennings will be on that level? what so far leads to believe that?

This would be the safest list because Durants already proven but if its based on potential
    Griffin
    Rose
    Durant
    Durant can still improve in so many ways. his defense his rebounding his passing his turnovers.