Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The most "important" question known to man: Star Trek vs. Star Wars

VS

Who do you got?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: The most "important" question known to man: Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Growing up it was always Star Wars > Star Trek. But now that I am older, I appreciate the original Star Trek more than I did (and always kind of liked ST:TNG) and the Star Wars Prequels and recut versions make me like that series less and less. With that said, they are now pretty equal for me but more versions of Star Wars or continued solid outputs of Star Trek movies could change that.

Great college starter

Star Wars although I've never really given Star Trek a chance. Star Trek has a bad rep however of being extremely geeky whether that be justified or not I have no idea.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Star Trek is for losers.

Shit can suck Chewies hairy balls!

Star Wars

Side note that's a cool Star Wars pic. Never seen the whole cast like that

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCBwob65Nw

I always thought it was like comparing apples to oranges.

Star Trek (especially TNG) has better writing than any Star Wars films. This is because Star Trek is a tv series which allows the writers to have more freedom with their universe.

But Star Wars, because it's a movie, has better overall presentation. It's able to show the audience it's universe within the time span of a few hours.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

This is tough. I will say though that Star Trek has the longevity on Star Wars, and creative aspect. There have been more movies, more spin-offs, more everything. In overall storyline though and cinematography, I have to give it to Star Wars. Star Wars is like watching a movie within a movie. As far as acting is concerned, it has got to go to Star Trek. I mean c'mon, we're talking Shatner here.

The new Star Trek film and future films has the potential to blow Star Wars out of the water though.

For me, its Star Wars....As ridiculous as some of the movies were....the concept of Jedi Knights, and Sith Lords, are enough to put it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

The new Star Trek film and future films has the potential to blow Star Wars out of the water though.

Im generally not a fan of "prequels" and remakes and such, but they really made a GOOD film with that newest Star Trek.

Also, Darth Vader, Yoda, Darth Sidious, etc...have to be some of the best movie characters of all time.

I will admit, Star Trek has more substance, in terms of their shows/movies, but I can never think of any REAL standouts for me....I mean...Spock? Shattner?

Data, and Captain Picard?

Star Wars, and for me it's not even close.

I could quite happily watch every Star Wars film back to back at least once a week.

Banned

Star Wars as it illustrates the NBA perfectly, Palpatine as David Stern, Lakers as the evil empire.

lol side note...i love that even tho the sensible place to sit George Lucas in that pic would be the center (which was somehow given to Jar Jar), he chose to sit off in the corner touching Natalie Portman

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

I'm not a Star Wars fanboy, but this pic angers me. Yes, it's cool that they got almost everyone that's alive to be there, but look at where everyone is positioned. Hell, Luke is practically out of the shot and sitting on dirt and dust surely.

Oh and guess what, the most hated character of all-time is smack in the middle.

I wonder if this was done on purpose. Deep inside that fake grin from George, there's malicious laughter going on.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Star Wars easy if you include everything Star Wars.

But Deep Space Nine holds up very well against any sci-fi anything.